Leandro Bacuna

Jordanderve

3 minutes ago, AJ said:

To be honest, I have mixed feelings about this.

In my opinion, he is not one of our better performers for us. He has played well a few games, but the majority of times he has been pretty bad for us. Even the game when he stupidly pushed the linesman last season, he was playing well up to then, and several considered making him MOTM if it wasn't for that idiotic moment. He has also said some stupid things, like deserving to be in a Champions League team. I am not sorry to see him go, but I wish it was for different reasons and circumstances.

I remember the video of the fans confronting the players as they got on the bus after playing Wycombe 2 seasons ago. Bacuna was singled out, and his response was to give a smile back before hopping on the bus. Are we, as fans, becoming a negative influence on our own players? The power of the fans is never to be underestimated. While some players are at clubs for 10 plus years, others until their contracts are up, or leave as soon as " something better" is offered, the fan is with the club until their heart stops. Nobody loves a club more than a fan, even more so than the owner. The fan, in their enmasse, can lift average players to perform like they are gods. When a player is encouraged by the fans, they feel a little less mercenary, and want to do more for the club. Also, it feels good when a large group of people are cheering you on. Unfortunately, there is a flip side. Fans can also break players. It is also catalytic. The players bond between themselves. If the fans don't like a player, who are the other players going to support, the player or the fans? When Craig Gardner said those things last season about Villa, he came across as an utter bell end. We knew what Villa had done for him to have a football career, and nobody knew better than that than Craig Gardner. He came across as an idiotic ungrateful prick, but, after reading what he said, could you not help liking his brother Gary a little bit?

I hope Bacuna gets his move. I agree it is best for him, and especially for us.

What did Craig Gardner say about Villa last season? I missed that!

17 hours ago, av1 said:

Watching him yesterday whilst considering the fact that the club rejected a £1.5m bid made me think that even at 38, and a couple of stone overweight, it might not be too late. 

Wait, thoughts... check, weight... check, age... check. 

57989313.jpg

• Like 1

7 hours ago, VillanousOne said:

The hate has got way out of hand, most of our midfield had a shocker at least at some point in the 90mins on Sat.

I would prefer Conor or Bjork any day over Bacuna but there is little point making him the scape goat, it's just over the top and does no one any good.

Bacuna is the scapegoat now and there's nothing you can about it! In fairness he's done well to earn that from Gabby or Hutton.

5 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Bacuna is the scapegoat now and there's nothing you can about it! In fairness he's done well to earn that from Gabby or Hutton.

And to be fair to Hutton and Gabby on Saturday one player got MOTM and the other scored. Both performances were better than Bacuna has offered.

35 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Bacuna is the worst player in the squad now and there's nothing you can about it! In fairness he's done well to earn that from Gabby or Hutton.

Fixed that for you.

• Like 1

Just now, Zatman said:

Wasnt a dig, its obvious Bruce rates him

You said Bruce "loves" him. Based on what? because he started against Hull?

I think you were exaggerating to make it more of a dig at Bruce than it needed to be.

I like Bacuna. Always have. He always puts a shift in and he does have some quality. However, he is very inconsistent and a poor passer. He should have never been booed but also he needs to have a thicker skin if he wants to be a professional footballer. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Killeen30 said:

What did Craig Gardner say about Villa last season? I missed that!

After their last game of the season in which they avoided relegation by a foreskin, a reporter asked him what it was like to avoid relegation. He took the opportunity to say that Bloser fans are " class people" ( :crylaugh:), and spent most of his answer to the question ripping on Villa and its fans.

He comes across as a total dickhead. Or, and I know its a stretch, he may have thrown himself under the bus to take the flak off Gary, who was getting a lot of heat from fans at the time.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

If he has handed in a transfer request he forfeits any loyalty payments...so he hasn't handed in a transfer request.

Loyalty payments? We pay Bacuna this for what exactly?

42 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

You said Bruce "loves" him. Based on what? because he started against Hull?

I think you were exaggerating to make it more of a dig at Bruce than it needed to be.

He continued playing him last year after his ban even when Hourihane and the team was hitting a bit of form. Bacuna played rest of season and we won once after his return 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fightoffyour said:

What a load of bollocks. Bacuna is just a terrible footballer. One of the worst ever to wear our esteemed shirt.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

57 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Loyalty payments? We pay Bacuna this for what exactly?

Every player gets paid a 'loyalty payment' spread out over the duration of the contract in addition to their monthly salary. If they leave and haven't requested to do so they are still entitled to this. (I believe)

That is why nobody really hands in transfer requests anymore.

1 hour ago, vreitti said:

What a load of bollocks. Bacuna is just a terrible footballer. One of the worst ever to wear our esteemed shirt.

U OK Hun?

What's bollocks? He is terrible I agree, that's how he's earned that status ahead of other crap footballers as I said...

Edited by fightoffyour

54 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

U OK Hun?

What's bollocks? He is terrible I agree, that's how he's earned that status ahead of other crap footballers as I said...

Sorry my bad, thought you had the nerve to actually defend the poor bugger.

• Thanks 1