Leandro Bacuna

Jordanderve

1 minute ago, Lichfield Dean said:

Bacuna and Whelan... They were so poor...

We know Whelan can perform consistently well, Bacuna had one good run before his long suspension. Lansbury and Whelan should play together and someone else further up.

1 minute ago, villianusa said:

We know Whelan can perform consistently well, Bacuna had one good run before his long suspension. Lansbury and Whelan should play together and someone else further up.

Yes, hopefully Whelan was struggling today because of the team setup rather than because he is past his sell-by date...

Seems to me he has a football brain which only works when his feet don't, and feet that only work when his brain doesn't.

Like playing with 10 men without the benefit of the resilience teams find when they play with ten men.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Was clear on the radio that there were a lot of cheers when Bacuna came off. Hope Bruce realises this guy doesn't cut the mustard and "cashes in". 1.5m rejected? Liability in terms of ability and sometimes attitude. If someone bids again I hope we accept. Better than him available in squad in each of the positions he allegedly can play. 

I don't hate the lad I just think he's a bag of shite and that's not his fault that he's a bag of shite. Could fit in at St Andrews very easily. Nudge nudge 'Arry, help us out man. Sign this Gimp. 

Part of me wondered (hoped), Bruce picked him today as some sort of statement to Reading that he's a fist team player and they need to up their bid. 

He was ok for half hour, looked busy and athletic, but he is so absolutely limited in possession. He can break from deep with the ball quite well, carry it twenty yards, then kick it out of play. He's not improved one bit in that sense since he got here. He's not even looked better in the Championship, if anything his distribution has got worse. 

He should change his name to Nigel Reo-Djemba Djemba,  

Edited by wazzap24
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, PaulC said:

me too and Gabby although he did score so cant be too critical of him. 

Goal or not Gabby should be nowhere near the first XI when everyone is fit. I hope his squad number is not an indication he will be

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Apparently he is very upset at being jeered when came off.

he was shit no question but jeering our own players after one game. Ffs that's pathetic

Jeered? I only heard cheers! 

40 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Apparently he is very upset at being jeered when came off.

he was shit no question but jeering our own players after one game. Ffs that's pathetic

Oh come now, it's far from one game, he's been shit over a hundred times for us hasn't he?

Also far from the first time he'll have been ribbed by Villa fans. Perhaps he should take a hint.

Assuming he is very upset like you say, If I were him I'd be more upset over my own performances.

He should try looking inwards for answers instead of outwards for excuses imo.

5 hours ago, VILLAMARV said:

Oh come now, it's far from one game, he's been shit over a hundred times for us hasn't he?

Also far from the first time he'll have been ribbed by Villa fans. Perhaps he should take a hint.

Assuming he is very upset like you say, If I were him I'd be more upset over my own performances.

He should try looking inwards for answers instead of outwards for excuses imo.

He is shit I agree but booing or cheering the celebration of a player being taken off? It's bloody pathetic and how does that help the team? 

He needs to be sold the breakdown between him and the fans I think is beyond repair now

• Like 1