Leandro Bacuna

Jordanderve

4 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Yeah, he was.  I'm not saying he had a great game, but he was trying to get things moving.  I noticed quite a few passes in between midfield and defence out to Hutton - some of them worked, some of them didn't (one didn't and lead to a dangerous break by Wolves).

But no-one else was even trying this - just passes along the midfield or defence.  Our attacking play was so, so sluggish.

I noticed him quite a lot tbf...putting himself about, trying to get things going. He was certainly putting the effort in.

He was still rubbish tho...he's an awful footballer. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Every time I think of bacuna I can't get that image out of my head from last season when he punted the ball 50 yards back towards our goal straight to a southampton(i think) player.

Who in their right mind would do that? 

Saw brucie going mental at him v wolves aswell, bruce almost grabbed the ball and showed him hiw to pass it in field 5 yards :D

He's got to go, surely

He was and probably is one of our best players this season. Baker, Kodjia, Chester and then Bacuna for me

He is not brilliant but he is a good squad player and can play number of positions so dont think we get rid of him so quick

• Like 1

8 hours ago, RimmyJimmer said:

Every time I think of bacuna I can't get that image out of my head from last season when he punted the ball 50 yards back towards our goal straight to a southampton(i think) player.

Who in their right mind would do that? 

Yeah, Southampton. Lescott had about a 20 yard head start on Tadic and still couldn't get to the ball first.

But as Zatman said, I'd have him on the bench. He isn't a particularly good player, but with him being able to play pretty much anywhere outside of centre back and up front, he's not a bad utility option in case of injury.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I think if this bloke DOES have an actual position, wing back might just be the one. Especially at home.

He is by no means a world beater, but he did manage to get something like 6 assists in half a season from right back, which I'm rather certain is more than Hutton managed to achieve in his whole time here at Villa (or in his carreer, come to think about it).

• 2 weeks later...

To be honest I think the linesman said "**** off" to Leandro as he walked up to him, I know it's not allowed to touch refs but just two minutes earlier one of the Derby players was badmouthing the refs massively - not once - but he came back and did it again. 

Clear red though.

• Like 1

Lost his head. Awful decision from the linesman though and clear inconsistency from the ref who deemed Nugent's tirade of abuse worthy of nothing.

I'm inclined to give him a pass on this one. Desperate to win and having not won for ages you could see how much pressure was on.

Edited by sexbelowsound
  • Like 1