Leandro Bacuna

Jordanderve

Although he hasn't played particularly well this season I don't think he has been as bad as some are saying, and it is unfair to lay all the blame on Bacuna. He is left isolated on many occasions, and has had a number of different players in front of him in the wide right position. He no longer has the big man in the middle to cross to, and didn't play as RB in pre season.

I really don't think Hutton is a better option, whether we have anyone else who is remains to be seen.

• Like 1

Although he hasn't played particularly well this season I don't think he has been as bad as some are saying, and it is unfair to lay all the blame on Bacuna. He is left isolated on many occasions, and has had a number of different players in front of him in the wide right position. He no longer has the big man in the middle to cross to, and didn't play as RB in pre season.

I really don't think Hutton is a better option, whether we have anyone else who is remains to be seen.

Hutton is a much better option, called me old fashioned but playing players in their correct positions is always the best idea.

I still have a soft spot for him...

Me too. He's an inconsistent liability much of the time, but he's also one of our more creative players after Gil, Grealish, Traore and maybe Ayew, and as a RB he's our second best option as well as our most attacking option there. Not consistent enough to be allowed to play in midfield though. Overall an excellent squad player to have imo.

Bacuna suffers in the same way that Guzan does at the moment. Every match thread it seems you'll read things similar to 'Bacuna is shit, Worst player EVAARRRRR' but never any comment on when he does something good in a game.

Edited by sexbelowsound

Horses for courses.

When playing the "lesser" teams or at home where visiting teams sit back, put Bacuna on.

When playing teams that require us to be more defensive, use Hutton.

And that's what we've seen so far.

One of our next big signings basically needs to be the RB version of Amavi.

• Like 1

Hutton is a much better option, called me old fashioned but playing players in their correct positions is always the best idea.

What is Bacuna's best position? Baring in mind he came here having played multiple positions for Groningen.

Edited by sexbelowsound

Afaik he flatters himself to think that he's a natural midfielder, but really his best position for us is RB, or RW if we're having one of those.

That's what i'm getting at. The concept of a natural position is a myth IMO, its the position that best suits him on the pitch that we need to focus on and that is as an attack minded wing back. If that fits Sherwood's tactics then he slots in well. If Sherwood wants defensive minded full backs then Bacuna is not your man.

What is Bacuna's best position? Baring in mind he came here having played multiple positions for Groningen.

that his problem master of none. Best to bring him in if there are injuries or further forward in the last 15 mins. Start him against lesser opposition or cup games if it can be helped

Horses for courses.

When playing the "lesser" teams or at home where visiting teams sit back, put Bacuna on.

When playing teams that require us to be more defensive, use Hutton.

And that's what we've seen so far.

One of our next big signings basically needs to be the RB version of Amavi.

I felt in the summer that we needed a RB. I like Bacuna, and think he is decent, but I do think we need better. Good squad player, though.

Left-Right Out 

Left-Right Out 

All the ROFLs does belongz to you. ;)

• Like 1