Leandro Bacuna

Jordanderve

I was very dissapointed Sherwood picked Hutton not Bacuna yesterday as Bacuna as been part of all our good performances in the FA Cup. He's one of the players I would keep. 

Bacuna should be our starting right back for years to come. Hutton has no quality in the last third. 

Bacuna has none in the first third. he should play as a right winger, not a defender. His marking is poor.

In a game where we will be on the attack often enough, he might get the start but yesterday I think the result would have been worse with him at back

• 1 month later...

1st Choice RB next year?

Not sure about this one. Depends where Richards ends up playing (although many people seem to think he's here to play as a CB) and whether we get another RB to use Bacuna further up the pitch. I've just been on the club official website and noticed that Bacuna is listed as a midfielder…. does anyone know if that's always been the case??

Edited by tomh621

1st Choice RB next year?

Not sure about this one. Depends where Richards ends up playing (although many people seem to think he's here to play as a CB) and whether we get another RB to use Bacuna further up the pitch. I've just been on the club official website and noticed that Bacuna is listed as a midfielder…. does anyone know if that's always been the case??

I understand he'd always played as a midfielder until he joined us. I think Lambert thought he could convert him given his attributes. But as has been mentioned, his marking is poor. He also tends to lose track of his runner, but has instinct when it comes to crossing, shooting and making a pass. A midfielder all day for me.

• Like 1

1st Choice RB next year?

I hope not, I don't think he's good enough.

He's almost 24 and he's still 'raw'. That's not boding well. 

I don't think it's a stretch to say that without Bacuna's performances at RB we would have gone down. I don't remember him making too many mistakes leading to goals, I do remember him setting up several crucial goals with quality deliveries in the last third that no-one else would have been capable of providing. 

He may be raw at RB, he hasn't really played there too much, but train him up and he'll be a great option there. I'd have been very happy for him to be first choice RB, although it looks to me as though t will be RIchards.

• Like 2