Leandro Bacuna

Jordanderve

Got to be honest, literally 2 minutes before he played that pass i said to my dad we needed to sub Bacuna i thought he was having a poor game....

Me to....

That pass is top, top,  quality though 

Got to be honest, literally 2 minutes before he played that pass i said to my dad we needed to sub Bacuna i thought he was having a poor game....

Me to....

That pass is top, top,  quality though

So is the run..

• Like 1

Amazing pass.

I've doubted his passing ability in the past. I still do to be honest, particularly his passing in tight areas.

But he has a habit of pulling out very good passes when it matters, and that was the pick of the bunch. Wonderful stuff

Everything about that move was good.  Westwood jinking back out towards Bacuna, Bacuna bringing it out with purpose, N'zogbia making the run out wide, pulling Jagielka out of possession which enables the space for Cleverely to get into a scoring position, Cleverely making a gut busting run to get behind Barry and having the faith that the perfect pass from Bacuna actually reaches him, Bacuna for seeing Cleverley running behind his man and putting it the other side of him and finally, the perfect first touch and finish from that position, taking the ball away from Stones who was covering and to beat Howard from that angle.

Best goal we've scored for a long time, because of how many things clicked into place at the perfect time.

Maybe the best since the Bouma, Barry, Young, Gabby goal from 07 I think.

Stunning pass, Westwood at Norwich stuff.

He's still weird.

Say Cleverley went, I wouldn't want Bacuna coming into that position unless he's improved his awareness. He never seems to know quite what's around him, or where to be at any one time. His touch is still so off a lot of the time as well, it's like he doesn't just switch off positionally, he forgets he's playing football, then the ball comes and he's shocked and it'll go under his foot.

I think playing him as an attacking full back against teams we can have a go at is an ideal spot for him in the squad.

Edited by Tomaszk

Why move him?

The times Bacuna has been played further forward he's been pretty unimpressive. Like I said above, I don't think he has the close passing technique or the awareness to function in a midfield role.

When he's looked the business for us it's always been from fullback.

I see no reason to move him. If he plays, he plays right back.

Why move him?

The times Bacuna has been played further forward he's been pretty unimpressive. Like I said above, I don't think he has the close passing technique or the awareness to function in a midfield role.

When he's looked the business for us it's always been from fullback.

I see no reason to move him. If he plays, he plays right back.

Agreed, it's something that's been tried by Lambert and Sherwood and it doesn't work.

Thought he was very good in midfield against Leicester in the FA Cup. A lot of play on the break went through him, and obviously scored the goal...

When is his contract up? Worth a new deal on current form. Always been a fan of his. Long term not sure who first choice right back should be as Hutton not done a lot wrong.

He has 1 year left. Okore has two after this season, both need to be tied down to longer deals IMO.

• Like 1

Thanks, think it is imperative we get him and Okore tied down to new deals, especially if Roncrete is off in the summer. I guess Fox will be working on this once our Premier League status is confirmed.

• Like 1

His house in Tamworth is currently up for sale , hope he's not moving on

Maybe the new deal is already being discussed, and he's planning a big upgrade with his pay rise and planning for a long term future in the area.
  • Like 2

If his decision making was slightly better, he'd be an international class rb. His technical skills are really good, his althelitism is absolutely phenomenal.

Our own Cafu!

Still very young though, He will learn.

That also means we have both the Scottish and Dutch Cafu!

Jammy gits....

It's a shame Bacuna isn't Scottish, or we'd have both the Scottish Cafus, which would be a splendid achievement indeed.