Leandro Bacuna

Jordanderve

Got to be honest, literally 2 minutes before he played that pass i said to my dad we needed to sub Bacuna i thought he was having a poor game....

Me to....

That pass is top, top,  quality though

So is the run..[/quote)

Ditto.....that run is not to be underestimated.....we wasn't doing that a short while ago.

The pass was sublime too.

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe Tim took Leo off yesterday to protect him. He did pass the only goal, and the change made no sense to me at least.

I thought that. If we were going into the final game needing something then Bacuna's pace and directness would have been vital.

I never saw it as a bad mark against him.

He wont be a winger because he has zero skill even to the point where his basic technique is a bit of a weakness. He is also isnt that quick to make up for this lack of a trick to beat his man.

He works as a full back and he definitely has a great cross on him, way to go yet on the defensive side I thought Sherwood took him off because he was pants. Not all his fault but he was definitely part of a woeful defensive performance.

He has technical ability, but I think he lacks close passing technique.

When he plays further up the pitch he needs a lot more of that.

He's perfectly suited to his fullback role. He doesn't have to be as involved in those exchanges and can instead get the ball on his overlapping runs and just play the killer pass that he's proved to be more than capable of.

He's playing as well as he's ever played for us and he's doing it as a fullback. No need to move him.

He has technical ability, but I think he lacks close passing technique.

When he plays further up the pitch he needs a lot more of that.

He's perfectly suited to his fullback role. He doesn't have to be as involved in those exchanges and can instead get the ball on his overlapping runs and just play the killer pass that he's proved to be more than capable of.

He's playing as well as he's ever played for us and he's doing it as a fullback. No need to move him.

I think his close passing is reasonably decent tbh. When you see us making plays down his wing they rarely break down because of him.

I agree his best position is a full back with licence to get forward though. 

• Like 1

I can never make my mind up about this guy, on form he can be immense, and defensively he has played very well at times this season, but today his delivery was completely off the boil and his defensive performance was absolutely shocking, he was getting caught completely out of position multiple times in the first half today.

Ultimately I think we need better at right back, Trippier IMO would be a good shout, looked a much better player than Bacuna today.