Leandro Bacuna

Jordanderve

So people think a first team defence of Okore and Clark is improvement on last season?

They were our best defensive duo of all the various combos last season and over a decent period of time aswell from late November to early February so you're talking about a 15 game stretch there.

I'm not saying they're amazing but they do seem to gel well and have earnt the right to start the season as our first choice duo imo.

On Richards well he's hardly played since 2012 so 2008 is a long time ago but if you want to judge him as CB you have to go back that far.

So people think a first team defence of Okore and Clark is improvement on last season?

They were our best defensive duo of all the various combos last season and over a decent period of time aswell from late November to early February so you're talking about a 15 game stretch there.

I'm not saying they're amazing but they do seem to gel well and have earnt the right to start the season as our first choice duo imo.

On Richards well he's hardly played since 2012 so 2008 is a long time ago but if you want to judge him as CB you have to go back that far.

I see where your coming from but it was a strentch of games that we were setup not to concede. The number or goals we scored in that same period is evidence of that. I think they are both decent defenders but we need 4 centre halves right? Vlaar has gone, Senderos and Baker are forever injured so one more may be bought.

Do we go for another squad player or buy a top centre half? I think we need the latter to improve.

As for Bacuna. He surely must be replaced at RB.

I like him.

I don't understand the constant clamour to move him from RB though.

The reasoning seems to be that he gets x goals/assists playing from full-back so imagine how many he could get if played further forward. However, I actually think that his threat is increased joining attacks from deep - more incision in the play which suits him.

I'm not getting the love for him, I'm afraid.

Don't you like goals?

He's scored a few goals and got a few assists but it doesn't make up for his negative sides IMO. 

He's worth about 3 million quid, tops. I'd sell him. 

I like him.

I don't understand the constant clamour to move him from RB though.

The reasoning seems to be that he gets x goals/assists playing from full-back so imagine how many he could get if played further forward. However, I actually think that his threat is increased joining attacks from deep - more incision in the play which suits him.

Sometimes I think that he would be more suited to a winger or midfield role, then other times he is kind of our poor man's Bale. He was so great for Spurs from fullback because he got more room, and came up against midfielders to stop him, rather then fully fledged defenders.

I rate him though and he has a place in the team in some format, either as a RB, RM, RW or a very versatile bench player. And he hits a mean set piece.

What? He's a player who still hasn't carved out a definitive position for himself at the age of 23 because he doesn't have all of the right attributes to be a success anywhere. He has some qualities but just break it down for a minute:

Winger: he can cross well, he's pretty athletic but his passing isn't great and neither is his dribbling.

Fullback: Crossing and athleticism, yes. Positioning, nope. Tackling, so-so. 

CM: Got the athleticism, not enough of a range of passing, technique isn't good enough. 

What? He's a player who still hasn't carved out a definitive position for himself at the age of 23 because he doesn't have all of the right attributes to be a success anywhere. He has some qualities but just break it down for a minute:

Winger: he can cross well, he's pretty athletic but his passing isn't great and neither is his dribbling.

Fullback: Crossing and athleticism, yes. Positioning, nope. Tackling, so-so.

CM: Got the athleticism, not enough of a range of passing, technique isn't good enough.

His definitive position is right back surely? He's played there consistently for 2 seasons. I wouldn't be surprised to hear he has more assists/goals over that time period than anyone else but named Benteke.

He's an attacking full back. He doesn't have to start every game to be useful to the squad surely?