Leandro Bacuna

Jordanderve

Can't be helped cowardly moved out the way of that freekick. I'm sure time won't be very happy when he sees that.

What was time saying about players dying first the cause when sanchez got sent off? This certainly goes against that

Poor showing bacuna

Jury's out for me, he is ok in our distinctly average side (a few exceptions of course), not defensively great though, and that business yesterday in the box was frankly unforgivable for a defender.

Call me old fashioned but I would rather solid defenders in defence and creatives in midfield.

Bacuna let us & himself down

As for Richardson. What a dumbf**k. if you're there to track the dummy runner then you can afford to join the wall outside the line the goalie sets. Then break off if you need to or stay and make the wall a bigger obstacle (visually) for the eventual taker.

The modern ball takes more swerve than one can normally anticipate

Thought it was Richardson not being tight rather than Bacuna at fault for their second.

That's what it was, bacuna did his job in the wall while Richardson left a big gap for no reason whatsoever.

Thought it was Richardson not being tight rather than Bacuna at fault for their second.

That's what it was, bacuna did his job in the wall while Richardson left a big gap for no reason whatsoever.

Re-watch the free kick. Bacuna is absolutely at fault, alongside Richardson (for being in no-mans land) and Guzan (for not setting it up properly). When the dummy run is 'taken' he moves behind Benteke, then doesn't reposition himself and turns his back just as the ball is struck. He might as well not even been in the damn thing.

I don't see how that is Guzan's fault?

If Bacuna/Richardson didn't leave that hole, then the wall does it's job. i.e. the wall was set up perfectly, wasn't it?

Guzan can't make people not jump out of the way.

I don't see how that is Guzan's fault?

If Bacuna/Richardson didn't leave that hole, then the wall does it's job. i.e. the wall was set up perfectly, wasn't it?

Guzan can't make people not jump out of the way.

From what I can tell, Richardson was never initially meant to be in the wall as Guzan starts by holding up 4 fingers. The problem is that it's a 4 man wall with Richardson just floating about in case of the short pass. In my opinion Guzan, as the architect of the wall, should have had the foresight to stick Richardson firmly on the end of it for a 5 man wall in that dangerous free kick area.

Bacuna gets 90% of the blame for completely pussying out. My point was that all 3 had a part to play, and for the record I'm firmly out of the "Guzan should be dropped" camp.

Edited by Chewie