Leandro Bacuna

Jordanderve

It is a tough one as Hutton as arguably been our best player this season but Bacuna has done very well in the last two games.

I think though in the upcoming games we are going to need a bit more about us defensively so for that reason I would bring Hutton back in at right back, However I would seriously consider retaining Bacuna in the side and playing him in wide midfield.

• Like 1

Hutton or Bacuna should be selected based on the approach we want to take and the team we're playing.

This.

Been saying for ages that Bacuna is a player we can use in games like the ones we've just had.

For the hames we have in April I don't think we can afford to have him there. At least not at fullback.

It is a tough one as Hutton as arguably been our best player this season but Bacuna has done very well in the last two games.

I think though in the upcoming games we are going to need a bit more about us defensively so for that reason I would bring Hutton back in at right back, However I would seriously consider retaining Bacuna in the side and playing him in wide midfield.

I'd be up for that but not next week as that would mean dropping one of the inform attacking players. Most likely would be Sinclair but I'd imagine he'd be up for it against Swansea being his old club.

Leandro Milner or James Bacuna. That cross for Benteke's header was Milner-esque.

Edited by GENTLEMAN

Bacuna was quality on Saturday but defensively fragile. In a system where attack is the priority though I think he'll be fine at right back for the time being but in the future he should eventually be played further forward. Its a bit of tricky one because I think its his last minute runs from deep that are one of his biggest assets.

So he's got nothing between his ears? He's got a damn sight more than many of us on VT - me included! On his day he can score make goals and more besides. May not be too frequent for some but he's a neat decent player and he has scored important goals when it's mattered.

:lol: Well don't include me in that thanks.

Lively going forward, but loads of improvement to come in his game yet.

he's much more suited to our more direct game now.

He was a liability with our more possession based approach as his ability on the ball isn't great in that situation.

not sure I'd leave him in instead of Hutton but would like to see him on the right of midfield for a bit to see if he can keep up this form.

So he's got nothing between his ears? He's got a damn sight more than many of us on VT - me included! On his day he can score make goals and more besides. May not be too frequent for some but he's a neat decent player and he has scored important goals when it's mattered.

:lol: Well don't include me in that thanks.

Lively going forward, but loads of improvement to come in his game yet.

IMO LB needs to use his athleticism and physicality more, a bit more blood-and-thunder like performances rather than trying to be overly technical with the ball. He has only turned 23 - so there is a lot more to come hopefully.

I do like him as he seems to effective in that he does create and score goals.

I'd be reluctant about dropping Hutton though who has been pretty much our best player over the course of the season. I think the Utd, Spurs and City games I'd definitely want Hutton but I could be tempted to keep Leo for Swansea and re-evaluate.

If nothing else you can't really drop someone after a performance like that. Also sends a great signal to everyone else in the squad. Miss a game and you may lose your place, come in and show what you've got and you'll keep your place.

I can't remember a game where he was terrible in defense? His pace and strength usually dig him out of holes.

His genuinely poor games could be counted on one hand last season.

I can't remember a game where he was terrible in defense? His pace and strength usually dig him out of holes.

His genuinely poor games could be counted on one hand last season.

Agree with that, people only seem to remember the Stoke game for his poor defensive performances. But forget the week before he kept Hazard quiet, but that'll be down to luck and the Stoke performance was down to his normal self.

I think he did lose his way at RB a bit last year, seem to remember him having a stinker against Fulham away and then really struggled for a few consecutive games.

As you say though he did also have excellent games, I think Hull away was his first game there and he was excellent.

In general I'd say he has all the natural abilities required to be a very good attacking RB, his game awareness and positioning though is very poor. Which shouldnt be a surprise as it is not his natural position.

Whether he can pick that up through coaching, game time and experience, we will see.