Leandro Bacuna

Jordanderve

He's got something different, not really at RB nor a wide midfielder but he adds something positive to the team.

For me Hutton is a classic RB who takes no prisoners, he's been good this season so I really don't mind who between the 2 Sherwood picks.

If only I could say that about the LB position!

The thing is, has he ever actually played well as a wide midfielder for us?

I know he hasn't had many games there, but the only good performances I can remember from him (and there are enough of them) have all come as a full back.

I know he hasn't had many games there, but the only good performances I can remember from him (and there are enough of them) have all come as a full back.

I agree, he should be played as a right back, even if he really isn't one. Edited by AVTuco

He's only had about a season as RB, I think he still has plenty of room for improvement. If he can learn to properly defend than we will have quite a RB.

Hutton is great as back up, probably as good as we could hope for.

I agree, he should be played as a right back, even if he really isn't one.

Yep, i'd keep him at right back. This may sound strange but I think moving him further forward diminishes his attacking threat.

Opposition left midfielders don't seem to have the ability to track his runs from deep and he always ends up in acres of space, as the fullback is usually occupied. If you push him forward you are pretty much handing him over to the fullback and making his job of delivering quickly into the box twice as difficult.

• Like 2

I agree, he should be played as a right back, even if he really isn't one.

Yep, i'd keep him at right back. This may sound strange but I think moving him further forward diminishes his attacking threat.

Opposition left midfielders don't seem to have the ability to track his runs from deep and he always ends up in acres of space, as the fullback is usually occupied. If you push him forward you are pretty much handing him over to the fullback and making his job of delivering quickly into the box twice as difficult.

It does sound strange, but I think you're absolutely dead on!

Bacuna was certainly at fault for it aswell. He was almost up Benteke's backside once that free kick was taken.

But i was going to hit Richardson in the face, not Bacuna, so how is it Bacuna's fault? Looks like just trying to blame somebody IMO, rather than blaming the actual person who **** up.

Overall though Leo is improving game in game out, really like his positiveness and ability to whip in a ball with either foot!