Jores Okore

Jesperchr

8 hours ago, Sani said:

Don't blame him, really?

Blimey, I know we have built up a habit of gifting goals to the opposition, but that is taking it to a whole new leve of ineptitudel. I despair at how bad we are defensively. It didn't come at him quickly, and he wasn't even under immediate pressure, no excuses there.

What was he even trying to do? Someone previously mention the Warnock QPR own goal - at least you can understand he was trying to cushion the header back for the keeper and got it wrong. Was Okore trying to pass it back to the keeper who's on the floor? 

• Like 1

It says something when he wasn't the worst CB on the pitch last night.  At least he was in the position to make a contact with the ball. 

He's average, not awful (although he had a bad game).  Part of the blame has to go to other defenders and no midfield protection last night.

He wasn't the reason we lost.

He's worse than Richards. At least Richards actually makes an attempt to get to the ball. He usually loses said attempt, but Okore is never anywhere near it. Unless he's completely wide open in tonnes of space with a loads of time - then he composes himself enough to put it in our net.

5 minutes ago, kurtsimonw said:

He's worse than Richards. At least Richards actually makes an attempt to get to the ball. He usually loses said attempt, but Okore is never anywhere near it. Unless he's completely wide open in tonnes of space with a loads of time - then he composes himself enough to put it in our net.

I disagree.

Richards doesn't run back towards his own goal, he ambles towards it with disdain. 

Okore in my book gets into decent positions, and is willing to defend.

Just now, lapal_fan said:

I don't know about that. He's scared of the ball

Okore1.gif

Joking aside, this might be one of the worst pieces of defending from a player, in isolation, that I've ever seen.

• Like 1

Just now, kurtsimonw said:

I don't know about that. He's scared of the ball

Okore1.gif

Joking aside, this might be one of the worst pieces of defending from a player, in isolation, that I've ever seen.

Can we just go chat about Milan in the Italian Football thread? It's less depressing :) 

19 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

I disagree.

Richards doesn't run back towards his own goal, he ambles towards it with disdain. 

For me the thing about Okore is that it is not about him not trying,  it is not about him having a crap attitude as I believe he has a decent one.  I know he had a go at Black last year but **** me we all did. For me I think he is a confidence player and the panic and poison that Richards spread in that team last night and the fact that Okore had to deal with that,  deal with Richards being AWOL in defenece and also play his first competitive game in god knows when jsut did not help the lad.  I really think he would look decent if we got rid of a few and kept him and he could play more often.  I totally blame Richards for most of the ills in the team at the minute it is hard to underestimate the shit he is causing

• Like 4

Just now, Richard said:

For me the thing about Okore is that it is not about him not trying,  it is not about him having a crap attitude as I believe he has a decent one.  I know he had a go at Black last year but **** me we all did. For me I think he is a confidence player and the panic and poison that Richards spread in that team last night and the fact that Okore had to deal with that,  deal with Richards being AWOL in defenece and also play his first competitive game in god knows when jsut did not help the lad.  I really think he would look decent if we got rid of a few and kept him and he could play more often.  I totally blame Richards for most of the ills in the team at the minute it is hard to underestimate the shit he is causing

I wholeheartedly agree with you Richard, good post.

The problems we have a much larger than individuals, especially individuals who appear to try.

I hate this term, but I'll use it anyway.. but Villa's whole "Philosophy" (urgh) at the moment absolutely stinks.  There's more profession/passion/organisation in my Wednesday night 5-a-side team.

1 minute ago, Richard said:

Not willing to sit on the bench for a club is definitely a good attitude. I wonder what your tone would be if Ayew, Grealish, Richards, Hutton, Gabby, etc did the same.

1 minute ago, Richard said:

Totally Agree.  Last night Richards was made Captain and showed no Leadership.  Luton Second Goal Richar just threw himself and missed everything leaving our defense open.

We know Okore can play a bit as we have seen a glimpse in his partnership with Clark but we Have never seen Richards play well in a Villa Shirt

Okore has played international football and champions league football. 

He's responsible for his performance, blaming it all on Micah Richards is a cop out for another shocking performance from a guy who refused to sit on the bench last season. 

Just now, NIVillan said:

Luton Second Goal Richar just threw himself and missed everything leaving our defense open.

Explain what he was doing here. Is it Richards fault the defense was exposed? Yes. Is it Richards fault that Okore doesn't know how to defend? No. 

Okore1.gif

• Like 1

Â