Jores Okore

Jesperchr

Bump for a lovely player. People rave about Stones and the like, but this guy is a real prospect. The scary thing is, he's still getting up to speed after horrendous luck with injuries. What's even scarier is that we still haven't offered him a new contract.

3 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

What's even scarier is that we still haven't offered him a new contract.

None of us know whether that is true.

The scarier thought, for me, is that we HAVE offered him a new contract, but he hasn't signed it.

6 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Ah yeah, I should have said he still hasn't signed a new contract. I really hope it's a case of us not offering. Imagine going into a season with Clark, Lescott and Richards as our CBs.

i think the only CBs that will stay are clark and baker personally :(

7 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Ah yeah, I should have said he still hasn't signed a new contract. I really hope it's a case of us not offering. Imagine going into a season with Clark, Lescott and Richards as our CBs.

I hope so too.

But given Fox was adamant we wouldn't let player go into the last year of their contract anymore, I'm worried that one has been offered and he's not taking it.

10 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Says it all!

we've changed our goalkeeper , our Left back , the other CB partner and the Right back in those games though so you can't really read too much into those stats

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

we've changed our goalkeeper , our Left back , the other CB partner and the Right back in those games though so you can't really read too much into those stats

But in general, since the start of last season, we concede fewer goals per game with Okore than we do without him. 

3 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Massive fan of Okore and he'd be at the top of my list of players I'd keep for when we get relegated.

There are only 3 other players on that list.

Really?

I would say keep Bunn, Richards , Lescott, Okore, Cissokho, Amavi, Bacuna Gueye, Veretout, Gardner, Westwood, Grealish, Traore, Ayew

I would get rid of Guzan, Hutton, Richardson, Clark, Baker, Sanchez, Sinclair, Agbonlahor, Nzogbia (happening anyway), Gestede, Kozak,

There is no way we can only keep 4 players

4 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

Valid points Tone, but I still think okore has assisted in making the back four more solid

I think we are in a very tough position with Okore. We would need to offer him big wages to sign for 5 years but why sign when it'd be halved if we went down? So we have to wait until the summer. Where things get dodgy. If we were in the PL he'd be a £60k a week player but I still think we could offer him £40k in championship as if we didn't come up there'd be no end of admirers. Hopefully he will show a bit of loyalty 

13 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

i think the only CBs that will stay are clark and baker personally :(

Given the amount of time this guy has missed due to injury, I'd be quite upset if he left in the summer. 

Â