Jores Okore

Jesperchr

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

I would hand him a new deal now but think maybe the club put off by Vlaar injuries that they dont want to commit a long contract

difference is Vlaar was in eraly 30s, Okore is still fairly young so hopefully their logic wont be the same when comparing the two. Okore for me would get a new contract as despite his injuries best CB we have. But whether he will sign thats a different question, I dont think he will

Yes, unless the physios at the club knows something we don't he should get a new contract

Edit: Fully appreciate we are not in the best position to negotiate new contracts

Edited by sne

1 hour ago, sexbelowsound said:

The club have made some daft decisions but not offering Okore a new deal would be up there with the worst of them.

We're not in a position to be giving up talented players for nothing.

He will pick up another long term injury  IMO, I also think that is what the club are worried about. If he gets injured again then it will be curtains for him here

Surely our most underrated player on here.

Every time he gets a run in the team our defence magically improves (remember aswell he didn't play in the Norwich or Sunderland defeats).

An important player to keep and build around next season I'd argue. A defence with Okore and Amavi in it is a decent start anyway.

• Like 2

He was like a giraffe on ice at times today and full of poor decision making and silly fouls

he'll get better and I hope it's at villa but he isn't a top level player yet and I'd be happy with a new centre back coming in 

13 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

He was like a giraffe on ice at times today and full of poor decision making and silly fouls

he'll get better and I hope it's at villa but he isn't a top level player yet and I'd be happy with a new centre back coming in 

How comes our defence dramatically concedes less when he plays then and yet we straight away went back to conceding 5 at Norwich and Sunderland when he was on the bench?

I missed the first half, so perhaps he was a foal on rollerskates then, but second half he was excellent I thought, nothing went through him. I really rate him. It's not just a coincidence we concede far fewer goals with him in the team. 

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

I missed the first half, so perhaps he was a foal on rollerskates then, but second half he was excellent I thought, nothing went through him. I really rate him. It's not just a coincidence we concede far fewer goals with him in the team. 

He gave the ball away cheaply with a sloppy pass or two and looked a bit shaky first half. But as you said he was great in the second, hands down a better CB than Richards.

28 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

How comes our defence dramatically concedes less when he plays then and yet we straight away went back to conceding 5 at Norwich and Sunderland when he was on the bench?

Taking away the different left back from those games

the different goalkeeper

and

the different right back

im sure it's all down to Okore :)

On Monday, January 18, 2016 at 13:34, Zatman said:

I would hand him a new deal now but think maybe the club put off by Vlaar injuries that they dont want to commit a long contract

They only give out contracts to top talent like Hutton, Gabby and Bennett.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Taking away the different left back from those games

the different goalkeeper

and

the different right back

im sure it's all down to Okore :)

And the Southampton, West Ham and Newcastle games when Guzan was still playing and Cissokho hadn't been recalled? ;)

47 minutes ago, penguin said:

Don't know if I'd include Southampton as an example of a good defensive performance, we could have been 3/4 down within the first 15 minutes.

No that's very true but in the record books it just says one goal concede.

Were Richards, Lescott and Clark all just ridiculously unlucky teams were incredibly clincial against them when we were conceding 3s and 4s.

• 2 weeks later...
Â