Jores Okore

Jesperchr

We forget that he's new to this league, still relatively new to England and is 2 years younger than Baker (3 years younger than Clark).

No need to rush him back into the first XI.

Whilst this is true he seemed to come to us on the proviso that he'd get more game time than he would at say, Chelsea, who he rejected IIRC. So I guess we need to find the right balance. 

To be fair, he's not going to need to play many times for us to have played more often than he would have done for Chelsea.

• Like 1

It would be some irony if he rejected Chelsea because he wanted game time only to find himself sitting on our bench behind Senderos. Kind of like when MON benched Cahill for Zat Knight forcing Cahill into handing in a transfer request. 

Any news? Not on the bench again, after playing in the week.

I'd presume Baker was on the bench ahead of him, as Baker can cover both CB and LB. (Bacuna for RB). To be fair we needed Baker today when Cissokho got injured.

I want him to get game time but I'd also like to play our strongest back four to keep letting them gel. Also imagine the hysteria if Vlaar didn't play!! We have a bit of momentum going so a strong team with a good win would be ideal for Sunday. He still looked rusty against Parma so I wouldn't rush him.

Now that we've got a stable looking partnership in Senderos and Vlaar I'm sure PL will be taking absolutely no risks with Jores. If we desperately needed him, I've no doubt he'd have featured already this season. Slow and steady. He's a young guy with his whole career in front of him, we can manage without him for a while more until he gets himself up to scratch after a long time out

• Like 1

Â