Jores Okore

Jesperchr

Well there we have it then-He's not the finished article & we didn't beat any other teams to his signature.

With that in mind, people need to stop putting blind faith into the dream that he's going to be the next Paul McGrath.

Hopefully, he will fulfil his potential & become a first choice defender for us, I think that is going to be some time off & won't happen in September/October as many seem to think

& I don't think I said anyone did say he was the "finished article" or that we beat other teams to his signature, did I?

Well there we have it then-He's not the finished article & we didn't beat any other teams to his signature.

With that in mind, people need to stop putting blind faith into the dream that he's going to be the next Paul McGrath.

Hopefully, he will fulfil his potential & become a first choice defender for us, I think that is going to be some time off & won't happen in September/October as many seem to think

& I don't think I said anyone did say he was the "finished article" or that we beat other teams to his signature, did I?

You seem to be arguing against things people aren't actually saying.

Oh right.

So people haven't come out with comments like:

"He looked more than tidy last season"

"he looked awesome"

"big clubs were after him"

& that's just on the last 2 pages. Look at everyones team selections, they all have Okore in the centre of defence-Based on what exactly?

Whether you care to accept it or not, the kid is further behind a 1st team place now than when he joined us 12 months ago

Oh right.

"he looked awesome"

& that's just on the last 2 pages. Look at everyones team selections, they all have Okore in the centre of defence-Based on what exactly?

Whether you care to accept it or not, the kid is further behind a 1st team place now than when he joined us 12 months ago

Chelsea are a big club and he did look more than tidy before he got injured.  Stop the waffle.

Oh right.

"he looked awesome"

Maybe Jores Okore existed before he joined Aston Villa

Please do not kid yourselves that we beat "big clubs" to Okores signature or any other players. We cannot compete with the likes of Stoke & Hull, let alone "big clubs".

Now I'm not saying I wasn't delighted when we signed him, because I was and I'm not saying he won't succeed. What I am saying is that he was not "awesome" in the few games he played. He was very average. I am also saying that if you take that YT clip out of the equation, then most on here would know very little about Okore.

Bennett also looked outstanding against Chelsea last season, that doesn't mean he's "awesome"

I don't see that Okore has "all the attributes to succeed". From what I saw, he got caught out of position a few times and generally struggled. This does not make him a bad player, I am simply stating that I have seen nothing yet to convince me that he's the finished article. Hopefully he will become this but he has a long way to go and has never been tested at this level week in, week out. We do not even know if his pace has been affected by what can only be described as a horrific injury, his pace being one of his biggest attributes.  

As Trent has said further up.. i dont know what your arguing against?

Noone has said hes the finished article. All most of us who want Okore in the team are basing it on how shit Baker and Clark are. Senderos is usually quite poor himself. So Okore who is very young and cannot be judged on 4-5 games he played in his first month of premier league football. I said myself he will need time and i would start Senderos against Stoke. He didnt look fit to me against Parma. Although, i can see he has pace, power and many good CB attributes to succeed. His positioning etc will come with experience. He needs experience to get better. He cant do this on the bench.

Here is an article from before we signed him. Speculation doesnt always mean its true.. but they were scouting him and their are quotes from Jores saying he turned down Chelsea. Why would he lie when Chelsea can make him look foolish and deny it?

http://www.nationalturk.com/en/man-utd-chelsea-ready-to-new-transfer-battle-for-jores-okore-from-nordsjaelland-english-premier-league-transfer-news-26625

Anyway..  one way or another he will get a chance to prove whether he can play or not.

Why does having a differing opinion have to be classed as "arguing"?

I simply stated Okore was not awesome last season. We didn't beat "big clubs" to his signature either.

If he wasn't fit for the Parma game, 1 week before the opening day then he has a lot of catching up to do. A good pre-season is vital for a player.

This forthcoming season could well be little more than a bedding down season for Okore after such a bad injury. A sustained run in the side could possibly be a bonus. Should Senderos have a few mares, Okore might find his way back in sooner than expected but this will probably mean playing for a side on a run of poor form, low on confidence & under pressure.

Ideally, Okore needs to be introduced gradually but first he needs to be fully fit. It took Delph 2 years to start playing regularly, Gardner has recently stated that he possibly played too many times too soon after recovering. Okore is a big , muscular lad it could well take him a while to get back to where he was, he certainly doesn't look to be there at present.

that's right I agree but he needs games. He has the potential to be a really great player for us.

what do you base the not beating out big clubs to sign him on?

Edited by KSV

Â