Jores Okore

Jesperchr

So, if for point of argument, he turned Chelsea down in January,  that means he didn't turn anyone down to sign for us, which is what I've been saying all along.

With regards the Chelsea story-I take it with a pinch of salt anyway, like I do most press articles. This one in particular seems far fetched. Why would Benietez want to sign a kid in January when he was leaving himself in May?

This guy was a huge talent. Came through pretty quickly over in Denmark, broke into the national team and I would say one if not the highest rated centreback for his age. It's very hard to say how things will turn out considering the injury and his age. Sadly, football careers can be very hard to predict as there are so many factors involved. Maybe he won't really make it here at all and will fade into a worse league or maybe in five years he will be playing at real madrid. Obviously you can say this about many players but it certainly is a fact that Chelsea were after him and he turned them down. And those scouts know their business. But you never know, there will always be players like kakuta or whatever appropriate failure you wanna bring up.

So, if for point of argument, he turned Chelsea down in January,  that means he didn't turn anyone down to sign for us, which is what I've been saying all along.

With regards the Chelsea story-I take it with a pinch of salt anyway, like I do most press articles. This one in particular seems far fetched. Why would Benietez want to sign a kid in January when he was leaving himself in May?

Because it was part of his job?

Well for one, Chelsea have a whole team of scouts and people that make decisions about player signings, so whether Benitez had any role in their signings is questionable anyway. Are you also suggesting that they would hire a caretaker manager for a year, and then take themselves out the player market completely until they had a permanent manager?

You're trying way to hard to make a point that wasn't needed to be made.

So, if for point of argument, he turned Chelsea down in January, that means he didn't turn anyone down to sign for us, which is what I've been saying all along.

With regards the Chelsea story-I take it with a pinch of salt anyway, like I do most press articles. This one in particular seems far fetched. Why would Benietez want to sign a kid in January when he was leaving himself in May?

Chelsea sign players when they have no manager in place. They obviously have a scouting department which has the authority to buy young talent. I suspect it was them trying to sign Okore.

• Like 2

I'm not trying hard at all-I'm just responding to stupid suggestions.

It makes no difference anyway to my argument, which was that we were not competing for his signature with any "big clubs"

Well, we were.

I have no idea why you're so adamant against this pretty simple point. What are you achieving right now?

While I can see him being eased back in to the side, I also think he might even claim his spot in the team in a similar way to Guzan did a couple of seasons ago - just purely on the back of the kind of form where he's too good to be dropped.

Being optimistic of course!

Also, why does it matter who was in for him or not? He's ours now so it matters not.

It makes no difference anyway to my argument, which was that we were not competing for his signature with any "big clubs"

Hold on? The fact that Chelsea were in for Okore makes no difference to your argument that we were not competing with "big clubs?" Alright then.

• Like 1

You can't base a decision on a players ability after a few games but when they look as assured and solid as Okore did against both Chelsea and Liverpool you understandably have high hopes for the player.

Nobody knows whether he will continue from where he left off but sometimes it doesn't take a season to see that a player has got something about him.

you have no 'evidence' that there were no clubs in for him just your opinion. Why would Chelsea come back in for him if he said no. The fact that they wanted him proves he was wanted by a big club.

& your "evidence" that Chelsea were actually after him in the first place stems from where exactly?

I'm sure that there were other clubs interested in signing him-Whether there were any from the Premiership is debatable

His mouth...........

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11668/8766993/transfer-news-jores-okore-admits-he-turned-down-chelsea-move

You do not even need to click the link. Just read the story title.

And no. It is not debatable.

• Like 3

& your "evidence" that Chelsea were actually after him in the first place stems from where exactly?

I'm sure that there were other clubs interested in signing him-Whether there were any from the Premiership is debatable

Twice now somebody has posted a link to Okore himself stating Chelsea wanted him. Manure and also Everton were linked to him before he joined us in the press.

Either way it doesn't matter, you're clearly on the wind up and people are falling for it, for whatever reason.

• Like 2

His mouth...........

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11668/8766993/transfer-news-jores-okore-admits-he-turned-down-chelsea-move

You do not even need to click the link. Just read the story title.

And no. It is not debatable.

Oh dear. So he came to Villa so that he could get regular first team football.

That turned out well then.

I said last season for the few games he played that he looked very raw, I didn't see the game this weekend but he must have had a nightmare for some of the posts I have read.

He's a young player from a different league who is coming back from a serious injury, it's going to be very difficult for him which may be the reason Lambert brought in Senderos.

Give him time we may see a very good player.

Â