Jores Okore

Jesperchr

The lad has turned 21 TODAY. He's been out with a bad injury for almost a year. He's played 3 premier league games. He's not world class, but has a lot of potential. It's clear the lad is nervous. He's just recovering from a bad injury. He could go either way. He has looked very tentative in the last couple of games, but I saw enough last season to see something. I remember him getting caught out of position a few times, but had the recovery pace. But it might take him 6 months to get where he was last year, that's what injuries do.

& your "evidence" that Chelsea were actually after him in the first place stems from where exactly?

I'm sure that there were other clubs interested in signing him-Whether there were any from the Premiership is debatable

ok ill just ask Chelsea to pass me down their scout list and get back to you.

If you dont believe actual quotes from Jores. 

& your "evidence" that Chelsea were actually after him in the first place stems from where exactly?

I'm sure that there were other clubs interested in signing him-Whether there were any from the Premiership is debatable

ok ill just ask Chelsea to pass me down their scout list and get back to you.

If you dont believe actual quotes from Jores. 

Butterfingers, if you don't believe one of the most reliable posters on here - google it 'Okore Chelsea' There are many different articles.

If you then do not believe the articles...

nevermind.

Playing for the reserves today.

Which I think says a lot about his fitness and wasn't playing this weekend. He's not fit enough yet and needs more games. (And I'm not posting because of earlier discussion. ;) )

It's good to know he's not injured, at least!

A few games for the reserves, then maybe some minutes, here and there, for the first team, then he should be in contention to play for a place with the other 4 centre backs.

We forget that he's new to this league, still relatively new to England and is 2 years younger than Baker (3 years younger than Clark).

No need to rush him back into the first XI.

Whilst this is true he seemed to come to us on the proviso that he'd get more game time than he would at say, Chelsea, who he rejected IIRC. So I guess we need to find the right balance. 

• Like 2

I'm sure Okore understands that he's not going to go straight into the team after spending an entire season out through injury.

Anyway, that we have Okore waiting in the wings instead of Baker or Clark makes me feel funny down there.

Edited by Phumfeinz

Â