Jores Okore

Jesperchr

I'd rather have a half fit Okore missing a year of football than a fully fit Ciaran Clark

He played 120 mins during the international break so i don't get the theory that he is "half fit" plus i've seen plenty of footage of him Delph and Bent doing extra training at that Velocity Gym on twitter as well

Edited by AshVilla

I'd rather have a half fit Okore missing a year of football than a fully fit Ciaran Clark

He played 120 mins during the international break so i don't get the theory that he is "half fit" plus i've seen plenty of footage of him Delph and Bent doing extra training at that Velocity Gym on twitter as well

Maybe he really isn't up to speed yet. He looked very ropey against Parma, and there were people reporting on here that he played poorly during the internationals. Being fit enough is only half the battle. 

Sorry but if Clark is being picked over him on the basis of him being left footed then that is insane.

He's a professional, he can play either side and it won't make that much difference. Not enough to decide to put Clark in who hadn't made an appearance all season.

• Like 1

Sorry but if Clark is being picked over him on the basis of him being left footed then that is insane.

He's a professional, he can play either side and it won't make that much difference. Not enough to decide to put Clark in who hadn't made an appearance all season.

It's insane not to have balance at CB, it's the most crucial area of the pitch to have balance. Unless you have played their before, it would be suicidal for us to play Okore there. Being professional has nothing to do with it, its about getting the best balance of your side and keeping minimal change in the back line. Bringing in Okore would have seen him being RCB and Senderos being LCB, effectively making two changes to your back line, whereas bringing Clark in keeps it at one change.

It's insane not to have balance at CB, it's the most crucial area of the pitch to have balance. Unless you have played their before, it would be suicidal for us to play Okore there. Being professional has nothing to do with it, its about getting the best balance of your side and keeping minimal change in the back line. Bringing in Okore would have seen him being RCB and Senderos being LCB, effectively making two changes to your back line, whereas bringing Clark in keeps it at one change.

I disagree, good cb pairings can both be prominent in the same foot, (Adams bould, vidic Ferdinand). What matters more is reading of the game. I would hope that the reason okore didn't play is that Clark was seen as more experienced (and probably more match fit) and therefore it was felt he was a better option against a top side.

He only played for 33 minutes during the international break. He came on as a second-half substitute against Armenia. No mention of him in the friendly against Turkey.

Edited by The_Steve

I disagree, good cb pairings can both be prominent in the same foot, (Adams bould, vidic Ferdinand). What matters more is reading of the game. I would hope that the reason okore didn't play is that Clark was seen as more experienced (and probably more match fit) and therefore it was felt he was a better option against a top side.

You're talking about top top players who came in to top, top sides. You just can't compare that to coming in next to Sederboss for a depleted Aston Villa against Arsenal.

He did say "unless you have played there before" too.

You're talking about top top players who came in to top, top sides. You just can't compare that to coming in next to Sederboss for a depleted Aston Villa against Arsenal.

He did say "unless you have played there before" too.

No I agree they are a completely different calibre of player. But the foot a defender uses shouldn't make a difference.

I think it makes very little difference for a centre back which side they play.

Maybe if two players were exactly the same ability then you'd choose a left footer over a right footer for that reason.
But you wouldn't put a less good defender in just because he's left footed.

• Like 1

I think it makes very little difference for a centre back which side they play.

Maybe if two players were exactly the same ability then you'd choose a left footer over a right footer for that reason.

But you wouldn't put a less good defender in just because he's left footed.

Totally agree.

IMO this is nothing to do with feet or fitness and more to do with confidence of the player after returning from a long term injury?

An African gentleman approached me at Five Ways yesterday and said "hey man whos this?" - he proceeded to show me a contact on his mobile phone titled 'Jores Okore', so I said "that's Jores Okore". My new friend shouted "wahey!!" and gave me a high five, then we both went our seperate ways. This can only be a good sign as far as I'm concerned, and so I look forward to seeing Mr Okore back in action soon!

dont understand this left sided defence debate, happened when Dunne was here as well that people thought he was only playing ahead of Cuellar because he played on left side. Vlaar is right footed and has played on the left side no issues.

think its only an issue if you play a 3 man central defence

No I think it's still to do with fitness.

Just because he played for Denmark doesn't mean Lambert thinks he's ready.

There's absolutely no point in throwing him back in.

Yep, big difference between U21 and the PL. Would hate to see Jores' rushed back and reinjured.

Â