Jores Okore

Jesperchr

Very little is known about the man because he keeps his life incredibly private - this to me says that making definitive statements about his personality, such as 'he doesn't give a shit' is based on nothing but assumption and is completely pointless.

Bearing in mind what you said about the club being loved by thousands, how does that relate to the situation? What's he doing wrong, in your opinion?

1) failed sports teams

2) being there when it is good, running away when it is bad (ego).

3) Krulak - he didn't seem to mind telling us how wonderful Lerner is. Funny how that was proven to be bullshit.

The man has a massive ego and just wants to take his money and run. I think on that basis (and his frivolous spending, like a kid in a sweet shop) tells me a few things, ego, play toys, gets bored, moves on and ruins something else.

Im not quite so sure what the fuss is about this lad so far, Im unsure why the whole fanbase seem to think hes the answer - the times ive seen him in a villa shirt (albeit very limited) and certainly apparent in the First friendly and last night at Walsall, he looked shaky to me........ doesnt get touch tight, missed his headers and hes all shoulders n shinpads....... I personally think were pinning our hopes on him and he doesnt look the part to me............... Hopefully, its down to rustiness after a bad injury........... i just dont share the optimism that most do......... in my opinion of course

Pretty much my opinion last night , got beaten a couple of times and had to be saved by Hutton

I cosign that opinion too.

Looked like he was asleep at Gronningens 4th goal. But yes whatever, pre season, but I too am not seeing Okore as our defensive saviour. Would like to be proven wrong though, but the hype here is a bit insane, imho.

The man has a massive ego and just wants to take his money and run. I think on that basis (and his frivolous spending, like a kid in a sweet shop) tells me a few things, ego, play toys, gets bored, moves on and ruins something else.

This is what you've surmised, yes but that's all it is - it's not built on much evidence at all. I've not seen any evidence presented to give a definitive description of his personality because there isn't enough to make that judgement.

Anyway, this is off topic.

Full aggree - that groningen goal was a joke............. the first friendly that we won 2-1, the goal they scored he was just totally flat footed and looked like he didnt wanna challenge the guy in the 6 yard box.............. for me, injured or not, game time or not, if a ball is loose in the 6 yard box you should break your neck to get your head on it - its the defenders charter............. looks a bit of a bottler - its not as if hes got any film star good looks to ruin..........

I'm not going to criticise the guy for not wanting to 'break his neck' to get a ball in a pre-season friendly after just coming back from a season-long injury.

If he does it in a competitive fixture then by all means have a go at him, but I think you're being a bit unrealistic with your expectations at this point.

Full aggree - that groningen goal was a joke............. the first friendly that we won 2-1, the goal they scored he was just totally flat footed and looked like he didnt wanna challenge the guy in the 6 yard box.............. for me, injured or not, game time or not, if a ball is loose in the 6 yard box you should break your neck to get your head on it - its the defenders charter............. looks a bit of a bottler - its not as if hes got any film star good looks to ruin..........

The lad has been out for almost a year with a really serious injury give him a break before you throw him on the pile? Not saying he's going to be a world beater but he deserves time.
  • Like 1

basically, he cant head a ball and it balloons off his shoulder and instead of a assured clearances he looks a "Shanker" to me........... looked ok when he had 20 yards of space with no pressure on him, but which pro footballer wouldnt........  

Carlos-Cuellar-epa_1552220c.jpg

if a ball is loose in the 6 yard box you should break your neck to get your head on it - its the defenders charter............. looks a bit of a bottler -

If you're breaking your neck in preseason friendlies you are an imbecile, not a defender. I would be apoplectic if we'd won all of our preseason games but some of our first team were injured from battling for every inch before they were fully fit.

looks a bit of a bottler -

Now I know you haven't watched the video. :lol: He headed Moses into the back of the net and split his head open to clear the ball.

• Like 2

Im not quite so sure what the fuss is about this lad so far, Im unsure why the whole fanbase seem to think hes the answer - the times ive seen him in a villa shirt (albeit very limited) and certainly apparent in the First friendly and last night at Walsall, he looked shaky to me........ doesnt get touch tight, missed his headers and hes all shoulders n shinpads....... I personally think were pinning our hopes on him and he doesnt look the part to me............... Hopefully, its down to rustiness after a bad injury........... i just dont share the optimism that most do......... in my opinion of course

Pretty much my opinion last night , got beaten a couple of times and had to be saved by Hutton

I cosign that opinion too.

Looked like he was asleep at Gronningens 4th goal. But yes whatever, pre season, but I too am not seeing Okore as our defensive saviour. Would like to be proven wrong though, but the hype here is a bit insane, imho.

I don't think many people are expecting him to be our saviour, he will be a massive improvement on Clark and Baker. Massive.

Then IF he gets injured - and he is then sidelined - the moaning and stuff on here would be unbearable. I always thought pre-season was not about winning but getting match fit - get rid of the cobwebs garnered whilst away from daily training. Pre-season means F** all. With MON we lost most of our pre-seasons but had top 6 finishes. Other times we won most of them and finished lower (with good and bad players). I'd rather they get fit and ready than win a match that is of no consequence as it doesn't mean jacksh*t but then that's me - I don't want or need to complain about everything that is happening at the moment. Then I may be burying my head in the sand! ;)

• Like 1

if a ball is loose in the 6 yard box you should break your neck to get your head on it - its the defenders charter............. looks a bit of a bottler -

If you're breaking your neck in preseason friendlies you are an imbecile, not a defender. I would be apoplectic if we'd won all of our preseason games but some of our first team were injured from battling for every inch before they were fully fit.

looks a bit of a bottler -

Now I know you haven't watched the video. :lol: He headed Moses into the back of the net and split his head open to clear the ball.

THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS 

• Like 3

This guy needs a long bedding in period in my opinion. He looked very skittish today, made 4 or 5 blunders when he came on, at least one of those would have been costly in a competitive game. I can't quite believe I'm typing this, but I'd start Senderos instead of him, maybe break Okore in very gradually. 

• Like 1

amazing how he's gone from being our world class defensive saviour who we beat Chelsea to the signature to not good enough in a matter of weeks.

we are desperate for a defender who alongside Vlaar isn't a total liability.

hopefully Okore can be that defender but he's had a bad injury and a long lay off, plus he is young and has little experience at Premiership level, it will take time for him to bed in and get back to his best, put hopefully he will.

we just need to be balanced about our expectations 

• Like 1

Â