Jores Okore

Jesperchr

We didn't need a 5th CB. No clubs have 5 senior CB's. They have other players that can cover there, like we have Lowton and Herd.

Bacuna will play in CB before either of those. He's our utility player

Donacein - looked good in pre season - whether that means he is ready for an extended run in the prem not sure.

We didn't need a 5th CB. No clubs have 5 senior CB's. They have other players that can cover there, like we have Lowton and Herd.

Bacuna has never played CB in his career.

Fistly you have no idea if he has ever played CB before. Also even if he hadn't the doesn't mean he can't play centre back. 

Delaney

Laursen

Bouma

Davies

Dunne

and Now Okore

Is there something fishy going on at the training ground or at this club when Villa Defenders are quite prone to picking up Long Term Injuries.

I hope Baker can recover soon, i don't rate Clark as a Defender he is too mistake prone- his future lies in Midfield in my opinion.

The problem with that argument though smetrov is that if Lambert had signed a 5th centre-back in the anticipation that one of our CBs might pick up a serious injury and none of them did, then we'd all be complaining that he had bought a player who isn't needed. Four centre-backs for two spots is the norm at most clubs.

It isn't a question of numbers, it's a question of quality, and only a madman would honestly think that perming 2 out of Vlaar, Clark and Baker would be good enough.  I'd have had no arguments with Lambert if he'd have bought two more central defenders to be honest.

Smetrov's argument was about the numbers though as he isn't arguing that we needed another CB because Vlaar and Baker aren't good enough but rather because their fitness is unreliable.

This is terrible news both for Okore and for Villa. Hopefully his career isnt ruined.

We are going to be right down there again this season in and around the bottom 5. With having to rely on Vlaar Clark and Baker, our defence is going to be an absolute shambles. Lambert HAS to bring in an experienced free agent to get us through the next few months.

Bacuna has never played CB in his career.

Fistly you have no idea if he has ever played CB before. Also even if he hadn't the doesn't mean he can't play centre back. 

How the hell do you know what I know and what I don't? He said in his initial interview with us that he has played RB, CM and on the wing. Don't be such a patronising funt.

Add to that your argument is absolutely ridiculous. Bacuna will play CB ahead of Lowton/Herd because he is a utility player?  When both Lowton and Herd have played CB for us and Bacuna just isn't a CB?

Amazing.

Edited by StefanAVFC

The problem with that argument though smetrov is that if Lambert had signed a 5th centre-back in the anticipation that one of our CBs might pick up a serious injury and none of them did, then we'd all be complaining that he had bought a player who isn't needed. Four centre-backs for two spots is the norm at most clubs.

If two of those CB'S weren't injury prone - You may have point. - But they are - and Clark didn't really cut it last season

Perhaps that is why he kept Herd?

Being a utility player doesn't mean you can play any position on the park. It just means a player is versatile enough to play a few positions. Herd for example is a utility player as he can play CB, RB and CM but it doesn't mean we could stick him up front.

• Like 1

Well what a **** disaster of a day this. **** you newcastle and **** this shit. the football gods just **** shit on us all day long. we get a quality centre half and hes crocked within weeks. will we ever get some **** luck?

Poor Okore.

**** this season already.

• Like 1

How the hell do you know what I know and what I don't? He said in his initial interview with us that he has played RB, CM and on the wing. Don't be such a patronising funt.

Add to that your argument is absolutely ridiculous. Bacuna will play CB ahead of Lowton/Herd because he is a utility player?  When both Lowton and Herd have played CB for us and Bacuna just isn't a CB?

Amazing.

It's no more ridiculous than thinking we didn't need another central defender because we've Lowton and Herd to cover for our three central defenders who aren't very good.  Just a question, if Lowton is playing at central defence, who is playing right back?

Absolutely devastated. Feel so sorry for him, just as he was getting the season up and running.

Unfortunately, I really can't see Lambert signing anyone to cover him. I reckon he'll say that he has enough faith in Clark and Baker to cover him and that he's not worried. It'd be really helpful if we did get someone in. If Clark and/or Baker picks up a knock then we're in the poo, as I think it'd be too much pressure on Donacien and I'd prefer Bacuna to actually start to become comfortable in a position so that he can progress.

I guess we'll see.

Being a utility player doesn't mean you can play any position on the park. It just means a player is versatile enough to play a few positions. Herd for example is a utility player as he can play CB, RB and CM but it doesn't mean we could stick him up front.

Being a utility player outside of Ruud Gullit for me usually means that they are crap in various positions, instead of being crap in one.

Amazing.

It's no more ridiculous than thinking we didn't need another central defender because we've Lowton and Herd to cover for our three central defenders who aren't very good.  Just a question, if Lowton is playing at central defence, who is playing right back?

So pretty much every team in the PL is ridiculous then? Because 4 CB's is what most, if not ALL teams have in their squad. Bacuna, because it's obvious Lambert sees him as our 2nd choice right back. Bacuna will be nowhere near CB.

Â