Jores Okore

Jesperchr

You can't have an issue with Lambert for this injury.

You can have an issue that on a limited budget he put together the worst villa defence I've ever seen, meaning that at injury to a top player leaves us with the same poor defenders.

Hopefully Clark continues his good start.

I do to be honest.

He signed Tonev \ Bacuna for quoted figures of around £5m (Nether of whom look yet ready to make an impact) - Then Kolak for a further £5m - (Whom at this point in time we don't really need)

Baker and Vlaar don't have great Injury record - and you could pinpoint our horror run to when Vlaar was out of the team last season. So the Moral cleary was we didn't have enough senior CB'S - so he releases one and signs one. Sorry but thats major error I lay at Lamberts door.

As for Lambert being physic - there were plenty who foresaw an injury @ CB leaving us threadbare again - I will be honest I didn't see it after 4 games in.....but none the less

• Like 2

You can have an issue that on a limited budget he put together the worst villa defence I've ever seen, meaning that at injury to a top player leaves us with the same poor defenders.

I do to be honest.

He signed Tonev \ Bacuna for quoted figures of around £5m (Nether of whom look yet ready to make an impact) - Then Kolak for a further £5m - (Whom at this point in time we don't really need)

Baker and Vlaar don't have great Injury record - and you could pinpoint our horror run to when Vlaar was out of the team last season. So the Moral cleary was we didn't have enough senior CB'S - so he releases one and signs one. Sorry but thats major error I lay at Lamberts door.

As for Lambert being physic - there were plenty who foresaw an injury @ CB leaving us threadbare again - I will be honest I didn't see it after 4 games in.....but none the less

And if Benteke had been the one with an injury like this instead of Okore and we hadn't brought in cover in Kozak (not Kolak) people would be having a go at him for not signing cover up front.

• Like 1

Spot on.  Considering the relative strengths of the two departments, spending £7m to add to our current three strikers, wasn't what was needed when you compare it to the relative strength of the central defenders. 

Clark started every game we kept a clean sheet in last season and so far this season. 176 minutes with Clark - 2 goals conceded, 214 minutes without Clark - 4 goals conceded

It was Clark and Baker who got us our last clean sheet which came at the end of a run of 3 clean sheets at home

The problem with that argument though smetrov is that if Lambert had signed a 5th centre-back in the anticipation that one of our CBs might pick up a serious injury and none of them did, then we'd all be complaining that he had bought a player who isn't needed. Four centre-backs for two spots is the norm at most clubs.

I do to be honest.

And if Benteke had been the one with an injury like this instead of Okore and we hadn't brought in cover in Kozak (not Kolak) people would be having a go at him for not signing cover up front.

Come on 

Vlaar missed a large chunk of last season - Baker seems to have an endless run of niggling injuries. - Youd cover that ?

Weiman \Bentekke have far superior injury records - Gabby picks up a few but I wouldn't call him injury prone. - Going with one fit senior CB 2012/3 proved an error as it has 2013/4. 

oooooooooooooooooh **** off. 9 months?!

this is some bullshit :( sorry for the lad, he was shaping up pretty nicely, hopefully it doesnt set him back to much

Dude he won't be driving for up to six weeks :s...its a common sporting injury sadly the recovery is nasty, I know a guy who was in the Army he's had it go twice on him :s he thought it went again not long back, he said he sat on the floor crying not in pain but the whole recovery. I'm not looking forward to it

It's weird because although I can walk and run but any sharp turns the knee give away its f&@king horrible.

The problem with that argument though smetrov is that if Lambert had signed a 5th centre-back in the anticipation that one of our CBs might pick up a serious injury and none of them did, then we'd all be complaining that he had bought a player who isn't needed. Four centre-backs for two spots is the norm at most clubs.

It isn't a question of numbers, it's a question of quality, and only a madman would honestly think that perming 2 out of Vlaar, Clark and Baker would be good enough.  I'd have had no arguments with Lambert if he'd have bought two more central defenders to be honest.

Well that's that, we won't keep a clean sheet this season and we need to prepair for another relgation dogfight. I think we'll end 15th but we will always be hovering above relegation without ever being in the bottom 3.

Sarcasm surely?

Come on 

Vlaar missed a large chunk of last season - Baker seems to have an endless run of niggling injuries. - Youd cover that ?

Weiman \Bentekke have far superior injury records - Gabby picks up a few but I wouldn't call him injury prone. - Going with one fit senior CB 2012/3 proved an error as it has 2013/4. 

Baker's the only CB you could really call injury prone. How was Lambert supposed to anticipate that Okore would get hit with such a shitty injury?

Doesn't matter - any player can get something like this. Due to the nature of the way we play I can see exactly why Kozak was brought in.

One fit senior CB? What are you talking about?

Edited by Mantis

If two of those CB'S weren't injury prone - You may have point. - But they are - and Clark didn't really cut it last season 

Don't really care about the lost impact this season in isolation, we have cover almost as good as him etc., and this sucks big-time, but it's his development I'm worried about. A Delph part 2. Absolutely gutted for him, this is exactly what a young player does need.

• Like 1

We didn't need a 5th CB. No clubs have 5 senior CB's. They have other players that can cover there, like we have Lowton and Herd.

Not many top flight clubs have three central defenders as unreliable as Vlaar, Clark or Baker either.  At least O'Neill, when he saw how badly Curtis Davies and Carlos Cuellar shaped up, went out and replaced them wholesale.  In any case, wasn't Helenius bought as a reserve striker?

We didn't need a 5th CB. No clubs have 5 senior CB's. They have other players that can cover there, like we have Lowton and Herd.

Bacuna will play in CB before either of those. He's our utility player

Bacuna has never played CB in his career.

Â