Jores Okore

Jesperchr

Just thinking about Baker and Clark on the team sheet for the rest of the season makes me want vomit

If they were next to an in form Dunne a few years ago I wouldn't be as nervous

But the fact that an inconsistent Vlaar is alongside them is another disaster

• Like 1

So pretty much every team in the PL is ridiculous then? Because 4 CB's is what most, if not ALL teams have in their squad. Bacuna, because it's obvious Lambert sees him as our 2nd choice right back. Bacuna will be nowhere near CB.

Most teams have a better defence than us.  Those that didn't mostly got relegated.  We should have signed another defender who is better than Vlaar/Baker/Clark, and either sold or moved out on loan one of the others.  It's ridiculous having three central defenders as unreliable as our three.

Being a utility player doesn't mean you can play any position on the park. It just means a player is versatile enough to play a few positions. Herd for example is a utility player as he can play CB, RB and CM but it doesn't mean we could stick him up front.

Being a utility player outside of Ruud Gullit for me usually means that they are crap in various positions, instead of being crap in one.

Quite often yes. Such players become utility players because they are not quite good enough to cement a place in one position.

Lambert is so stubborn I believe he will just stick with the kids and ride it out again. Don't get my wrong I like Lambert but some of his tactics and all the " I think the lads played really well " crap drives me nuts, I want him to blow a fuse and give some of these players some tough love

I was happy when I saw him walk off the field as opposed to being stretchered off on saturday & thought it was only a minor injury that he had suffered & now this.

Hopefully Clarke & Baker will come of age because Vlaar will definitely suffer a calf strain at some point of the season.

I also highly rate Herd & Lowton can also cover this position too when the further inevitable  injuries & suspensions eventually kick in.

One things for certain our defensive frailties & personnel are going to be stretched to the limit this season or at least until the next transfer window.

Â