Jores Okore

Jesperchr

Wouldn't mind signing William Gallas for a season at all.

Really? A past it footballer, doing the rounds for the last shillings at the fag end of his career. He will be going againist everything Lambert is planning for at Villa, a old player wanting a fat wage before he retires. No chance of Gallas at Villa. No chance at all. I'd rather risk it with Clark and Baker.

• Like 1

Really? A past it footballer, doing the rounds for the last shillings at the fag end of his career. He will be going againist everything Lambert is planning for at Villa, a old player wanting a fat wage before he retires. No chance of Gallas at Villa. No chance at all. I'd rather risk it with Clark and Baker.
No chance?

Considering we can't sign or loan anyone until January, a free transfer could be likely, even if it is someone outside of Lambert's policy.

I'd personally welcome the signing of Gallas for a season. He might be way past his best, but he's still a step up from Clark and Baker.

Edited by Rob182

It almost makes me physically sick - arguably three of our most promising prospects with horrendous knee injuries in Gardner, Delph and Okore. I give up to be honest.

True but after the efforts of our former stricken captain, you have to just to keep on fighting. Never give up. Okore will be back and I know the Villa faithful will cheer every kick when he comes on the pitch again in the claret and blue.

It almost makes me physically sick - arguably three of our most promising prospects with horrendous knee injuries in Gardner, Delph and Okore. I give up to be honest.

This.

Okore was/is a huge, huge prospect. A player we beat Chelsea for his signature, and a player who could be a beast in a few years time. But typical of Villa, something has to **** it up.

I really hope that someone is planning a whole heap of good luck to shower on us one day, to make up for the shit of recent years.

No chance?

Considering we can't sign or loan anyone until January, a free transfer could be likely, even if it is someone outside of Lambert's policy.

I'd personally welcome the signing of Gallas for a season. He might be way past his best, but he's still a step up from Clark and Baker.

Mate, has Lambert even bought a player over 30 yet, let alone 36? A established premiership player? No. A year in and you can tell he is a stubborn manager . He will not sign a Gallas type player to tide over 4 months of football.  Another manager, it might possibly happen but no way under Lambert. No way.

Edited by The Fun Factory

True but after the efforts of our former stricken captain, you have to just to keep on fighting. Never give up. Okore will be back and I know the Villa faithful will cheer every kick when he comes on the pitch again in the claret and blue.

When Delph recovered and was playing again, I remember worrying every single time he went down to the ground. I'm not looking forward to the day that Delph, Gardner and Okore play together. I'll be a bag of nerves.

I'd like to think that Gardner and Delph will have some good words to help him through.

Lambert showed a lot of faith in Clark over the summer offering him a contract he scantly deserved. His faith will now be put to the test. A repeat of last season from Clark and it will go down as a monumental cock-up by Lambert. So far Clark has looked better it has to be said but he has a way to go before regaining full confidence in him.

clark has looked solid from what ive seen so far this season and to be fair i though baker was doing alright too, not a worldbeater by any means but still useable.

im still hoping ill wake up tomorrow to find out this was just a massive joke gone wrong and okore is actually fine training :(

In a way, this is the break Baker needed and to be fair to Clark he looks like he's improved too.

i suppose after all those head injuries baker could do with the time off hehe.. thats kinda what i liked about him though, no fear whatsoever, always went in head first, literally.

I was really looking forward to seeing Okore grow into our rock at centre back this season. The lad must be gutted to have a season ending injury, especially so early in his Villa career. Let's hope he makes a full and speedy recovery.

As for the other 3 centre backs, the thought of going the season with 2 of those 3 at CB fills me with fear. Baker and Vlaar will suffer their fair share of injuries. I am convinced now that at some point we'll see a back four of Luna, Clark, Lowton & Bacuna and that would give me nightmare's. I fear where we will end up if Benteke gets injured for any amount of time.

I thought at the start of the season that we needed to sign 2 new centre backs and this bad news has just confirmed that.

Edited by villarocker

Â