Jores Okore

Jesperchr

I also dread to think if our tosser of a physio worsened the injury by sending him back on - grounds for dismissal IMO.

Personally I doubt that it made it worse. More of a concern is that the physio didn't spot this straight away - Im not a physio - but when I tore my ankle ligaments, without any imaging - the physio said - no break but you've torn your ankle ligaments.

Wouldn't mind signing William Gallas for a season at all.

Really? A past it footballer, doing the rounds for the last shillings at the fag end of his career. He will be going againist everything Lambert is planning for at Villa, a old player wanting a fat wage before he retires. No chance of Gallas at Villa. No chance at all. I'd rather risk it with Clark and Baker.

But surely the policy is a means to an end - not an end in itself. I certainly think we should at least explore this option. You say Clark and Baker - But I believe Baker is injured at present. - very thin options indeed.

What's the minimum and maximum that this may take him out of the side for, is 8/9 months an average?

I did my ACL about 4 years ago like a idiot I never went to the hospital, it took me 4ish months to get the full bend in my knee back and a bit long to feel no pressure in my knee when running BUT Any sharp turns it feels like your knee is going to snap it scares the shit out of me, over the years it's got worse to the point I've gone to the hospital because some days it feels like the bottom half of my leg is about to drop off due to no support.

I was told by the docs I would be walked within 2 days of the op but could be off work for few months and recover was 6+ months and up to 12 months to regain full strength, but the graft from the hamstring once healed is just as good as the ACL :) the op is routine. Saying that this is what the NHS told me Okore is going to be getting top medical care :)

Sadly the chances of him playing again this season are pretty much no chance :( . I wish him all the best

Edited by Mart-L7

I also dread to think if our tosser of a physio worsened the injury by sending him back on - grounds for dismissal IMO.

Personally I doubt that it made it worse. More of a concern is that the physio didn't spot this straight away - Im not a physio - but when I tore my ankle ligaments, without any imaging - the physio said - no break but you've torn your ankle ligaments.

ON the ligaments torn it's not really going to get much worse, 20 seconds of testing it out won't do much more damage. As for the second part, I would think the ACL is deeper in the knee that the ankle ligaments you tore are in the ankle so it's probably harder to diagnose right there.

I did the same Smetrov and with the ankle, it's at an extremity which means you can see what you've done straight away. Mine swelled up to the size of a large orange immediately.

As Mart said, you can walk on a torn ACL as you have other ligaments keeping your knee together and the ACL is deep in the knee, but you'd just be screwing yourself up because I think (and please correct me if I'm wrong as I'm not expert) the ACL is the main one.

Edited by StefanAVFC

Gutted for the player

But think people are also over rating him tbh ... In the games I've seen he's been as error prone as Clark or Baker but getting a free ride

He is a great young prospect still learning his trade ... He has the potential to be better than any other CB at the club I just hope the injury doesn't set his career back too far

Wouldn't mind signing William Gallas for a season at all.

Really? A past it footballer, doing the rounds for the last shillings at the fag end of his career. He will be going againist everything Lambert is planning for at Villa, a old player wanting a fat wage before he retires. No chance of Gallas at Villa. No chance at all. I'd rather risk it with Clark and Baker.

Have him on a pay as you play deal, if he has been good enough to play for Spurs for the last two season im sure he can do a job for us when called upon. He has vast experience playing at this level and it would take the pressure of Clark and Baker and maybe even Vlaar.

Just logged and found he's out for 9 months according to the BBC. Sickening for him at such an early stage in his career. I hope he makes a full recovery and gets his full fitness and confidence back in due course. It's very frustrating to see our attempts to strengthen the defence damaged in this way.

Gutted for the player

But think people are also over rating him tbh ... In the games I've seen he's been as error prone as Clark or Baker but getting a free ride

He is a great young prospect still learning his trade ... He has the potential to be better than any other CB at the club I just hope the injury doesn't set his career back too far

Woah. You must think Vlaar is dog shit if you think Okore is error prone or are you putting Vlaar's mistakes onto Okore?

• Like 1

Gutted for the player

Woah. You must think Vlaar is dog shit if you think Okore is error prone or are you putting Vlaar's mistakes onto Okore?

I'm talking about misjudging a ball at Chelsea that then bounced over his head .. And being wrong side of the ball / player v Newcastle on sat ... Errors I've not since since I stopped playing Sunday league football ..

I made no comment on Vlaar

We didn't need a 5th CB. No clubs have 5 senior CB's. They have other players that can cover there, like we have Lowton and Herd.

Bacuna will play in CB before either of those. He's our utility player

Bacuna has never played CB in his career.

Lowton can play CB if needed, so Bacuna would fill in at RB

Â