Jores Okore

Jesperchr

F*** me, if Villa didn't have shitty bad luck, we wouldn't have any luck at all.  That is absolutely disasterous news.  I feel massively for the lad, what a thing to happen so soon into your new career.  But that's left us hugely buggered in defence.  Having to rely on Vlaar, Clark and Baker for at least another 4 months (which in reality will be all season) is the stuff of nightmares.

Get well soon Jores.

We see so many of these injuries in American Football that I can tell you it did not look like a torn ACL or MCL.

They were testing the knee for stability when he was on the turf, and they apparently decided it was stable enough for him to continue on. It would not have been with a torn ligament.

I am guessing this is a strain. It is bad, but not end of season bad.

Then again, I am no doctor. Just learn a bit about knees when your own gets destroyed :).

Shows how much I know. Claret tinted glasses I suppose. :(

Such bad news, we've all seen how long it took Delph to resemble anything like the player we thought we'd signed after his knee injury. Hopefully the rehab will go well and he'll be raring to go next season, absolutely no positives to be taken from this. Awful, awful news and I feel so sorry for him

Could see this resulting in Janoi Donacien getting some action when the inevitable happens and Baker and Clark get injured.

I really hope I never see Chris Herd playing at centre back ever again. A complete foul machine.

(Edit - didn't see the post above by the way)

Edited by myko

So, the rest of the season relying on the same three central defenders, who are "inconsistent" at best, with two out of the three also fairly injury prone.  Just need Benteke to fall down the stairs now, and the week will be complete.

Â