Drugs

PussEKatt

On 21/09/2021 at 08:34, Stevo985 said:

I've had a lot of trouble sleeping recently, a result of my life falling apart.
So i've given THC vaping a try after it being recommended by a friend. Not something I ever thought I'd be into.

Got to admit it's working absolute wonders for me. Don't use it all the time, just when I'm particularly struggling to sleep.

A few breaths and 10 minutes later I'm chilled, relaxed and fall asleep in minutes. And I sleep like a baby as well.

Only downside is a few mental dreams, but it's a small price to pay

Somebody I know tried everything to help them sleep and nothing worked. Eventually she got some THC oil. A few drop and she said she sleeps like a baby.   She’s going to get me some. 

Do you feel well rested ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Somebody I know tried everything to help them sleep and nothing worked. Eventually she got some THC oil. A few drop and she said she sleeps like a baby.   She’s going to get me some. 

Do you feel well rested ?

Yep. Incredibly. 

Part of me wants to have it every night but I don’t want to get into the habit 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

Yep. Incredibly. 

Part of me wants to have it every night but I don’t want to get into the habit 

Not just the habit - if you use too often, I think you’ll develop a tolerance, which means you’ll need higher doses to achieve same effect (= more side effects).

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 01/06/2013 at 08:09, PussEKatt said:

I can`t figure out why drugs like coke and heroine are so popular and getting more and more popular ?

I mean they are very addactive and once hooked that is your life as you know it flushed down the toilet.So what I can`t get my head around is that when a person is first offered horoine or coke, why don`t they just say, no thanks I like my life as it is.Why do they even try it knowing that the rest of their life is going to be focused on getting enough money for their next hit and nothing else ?

The allure of it is irresistible to some people. The forbidden, illicit nature of it is attractive to them. Just like alcohol, there is the social aspect as well. The rituals involved, the subculture. It can be enticing. When you're young you also think nothing can hurt you, so why not have a dabble.

I dabbled in cocaine for a few years in my 20s. I was a fiend while doing it, but never craved it when not doing it. It made me drink more and chain smoke cigarettes, so I always felt like shit the next day. It was a weekend thing. Eventually I just got sick of feeling like shit.

I actually don't think cocaine is as bad as itsmade out to be. It's a stimulant derived from a plant. It should be legal, controlled for purity and taxed. Everything in moderation, even heroin ( which I never did).

4 hours ago, AVFCDAN said:

Most drug use isn't problematic, a lot of weed smokers. coke users carry on with their lives without any issue. You could argue that they aren't operating at 100% but that's their prerogative at the end of the day..

You can look at gambling addicts, alcoholics, clinically obese people as having a problem as well but we don't try and take away their drug, will never be won.

In response to your reply.I often wonder why society is so down on cigarette smoking.I mean if you compare the problems caused by smoking and compare them to alcahol.Alcohol causes much more problems,yet everyone gets down on smoking.

39 minutes ago, PussEKatt said:

In response to your reply.I often wonder why society is so down on cigarette smoking.I mean if you compare the problems caused by smoking and compare them to alcahol.Alcohol causes much more problems,yet everyone gets down on smoking.

I do wonder what is actually more harmful for your body if consumed 'equally'.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MCU said:

I do wonder what is actually more harmful for your body if consumed 'equally'.

Tobacco.

Smoking a cigarette will fill your body with far more, and more dangerous, chemicals than drinking will. And it has the additional problem of being far more addictive.

Neither is good, but cigarettes will put you in the grave more effectively than booze.

• Like 1

Just now, Chindie said:

Tobacco.

Smoking a cigarette will fill your body with far more, and more dangerous, chemicals than drinking will. And it has the additional problem of being far more addictive.

Neither is good, but cigarettes will put you in the grave more effectively than booze.

And you'll **** stink. And other people breathe in your personal pollution. 

Just now, chrisp65 said:

I’ve had it twice, for minor ops.. I can see how people would really quickly get in to it. Just so, calming.

No empty jars lying about the place? 

In all seriousness, the only problem I found with it was the come down and the residue of anger it would leave.

Aside from that, I'll have 50 10mls please. 

Edited by sheepyvillian

Just now, sheepyvillian said:

No empty jars lying about the place? 

In all seriousness, the only problem I found with it was the come down and the residue of anger it would leave.

Aside from that, I'll have 50 10mls please. 

They gave me plenty, to use as and when I needed them.

Literally took me 48 hours to work out that wasn’t a great plan.

8 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

They gave me plenty, to use as and when I needed them.

Literally took me 48 hours to work out that wasn’t a great plan.

Yep, one soon gets used to them. Same as all drugs. I've been an addict for 30yrs, but that's another story.

1 minute ago, sheepyvillian said:

Yep, one soon gets used to them. Same as all drugs. I've been an addict for 30yrs, but that's another story.

I have a sympathy for anyone stuck on ‘meds’. There needs to be a more holistic programme to dishing them out to people.

Â