Drugs

PussEKatt

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

The teacher once told us a story about someone who took drugs and as a result thought their head was an orange and tried to peel it, and that's what put me off trying them myself.

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, useless said:

The teacher once told us a story about someone who took drugs and as a result thought their head was an orange and tried to peel it, and that's what put me off trying them myself.

It’s funny the things you remember.

I remember an episode of Grange Hill and one of the teenagers in it had taken something and believed he could fly, so jumped off the school roof. That was enough to put me off anything trippy. 

The landlady of our local many moons ago told us a torrid tale of her friend at College who had one puff of those 'rolled up like a cigarette with drugs in ' and a hour later was on a mortuary slab pronounced DEAD !!  My mate asked what had happened to her and was promptly banned for a month 

If there is any greater proof drugs are bad I am yet to come across it  

Edited by Follyfoot
  • Haha 1

A guitarist I played with was the first person I knew to take LSD - he called it a micro dot; this was in about 1969. I was in the flat where he lived with his g/f and after a fairly short while he got very agitated and thought his heart was coming out and starting clutching where his heart was. This lasted for about 20 mins.; enough to put anyone off drugs for life IMO.

5 hours ago, useless said:

mad that we got told that same story when i was at school. one of those things looking back you wonder if it's just said to scare you but isn't actually true, like swans being able to break someone's arm

i mean, it worked, so i guess it served its purpose

That makes me think that it's probably true, sounds flippant now, but at the time it genuinely scared me, I had no idea drugs were that powerful. I had visions of someone looking in the mirror and seeing an orange in place of their head

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/05/2021 at 23:41, useless said:

That makes me think that it's probably true, sounds flippant now, but at the time it genuinely scared me, I had no idea drugs were that powerful. I had visions of someone looking in the mirror and seeing an orange in place of their head

When I was in the midst of my battle with schizophrenia, on one occasion, I was fully of the belief and mind that soldiers of the Fourth Reich had landed in Australia and were invading, not only this but their arrival on my street was imminent, and because of the nature and narrative of my delusions, I was convinced they were raping and pillaging and I was all that stood between them and my mother, younger sister and brother. Harrowing realisation to have. And that one wasn't even the worst of them..

• Shocked 1

When I say I had a vision I don't mean an actual vision, I meant after hearing the story of the girl who though her head was an orange I pictured that in mind and it scared me that drugs could be that powerful.

8 minutes ago, useless said:

When I say I had a vision I don't mean an actual vision, I meant after hearing the story of the girl who though her head was an orange I pictured that in mind and it scared me that drugs could be that powerful.

And I'm saying it gets a lot more powerful than that. Truth is stranger than fiction.

I’ve had mushrooms, truffles and acid, though not for some time, I had some strong mushies in Amsterdam the last time I went which was about 6 years ago now I think but not had an opportunity to do so since.

Watched the programme on Psilocybin treatment for depression last night, interesting approach and i can definitely see it benefiting some people though I’m not sure it can eradicate depression and it’s not something you want to be doing too regularly.

But it’s an interesting theory to give people a sense of euphoria, if only temporarily instead of the usual approach of anti depressants which are more of a numbing effect as I understand it.

• Like 3

I like em all :)  Being in a legal cannabis state is pretty great. Its nice to be able to relax with some edibles socially instead of it always being the heavy stuff like alcohol. Also I am a creative professional, so weed is a bit like coffee in that it can give you a nice work boost but for creativity :)

Havent done acid in decades. I think it would put me on my ass at my age :) I strongly recommend folks doing lsd /Ecstasy at least once when you are young. Great times and memories that will stick with you.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

I’ve had mushrooms, truffles and acid, though not for some time, I had some strong mushies in Amsterdam the last time I went which was about 6 years ago now I think but not had an opportunity to do so since.

Watched the programme on Psilocybin treatment for depression last night, interesting approach and i can definitely see it benefiting some people though I’m not sure it can eradicate depression and it’s not something you want to be doing too regularly.

But it’s an interesting theory to give people a sense of euphoria, if only temporarily instead of the usual approach of anti depressants which are more of a numbing effect as I understand it.

Psychiatrists knowledge of prescription medication is commendable, but essentially they command $500 per hour to make patients easier to manage.

From my years in working with them, and in psychiatric wards and hospitals, medication makes patients docile and interrupts the individuals ability to engage. 

I'm not saying that is not necessary or beneficial at times btw.

So yes, numbing would be an apt description. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Likewise. Really interesting programme. 

The Psychedelic Drug Trial

(iPlayer links don't embed) 

• Thanks 1

Had a relapse yesterday on Cocaine after almost a year off the s**t.... i let my guard down in excitement at been able to go back to VP. 

My usual tactic is not to drink, and i dont even think about using. Ive not been a big drinker for a number of years now since i had the kids and kind of become a bit of a recluse due to me not wanting to tempt myself and many of my mates not wanting to do much else other than get on it most of the time. This has been hard to deal with over the years as i have kind of been left behind and forgotten about by some of these people... which in all fairness has made me realise and accept thay they aint my friends, more just associates. 

Yesterday i agreed to go the pub before the game for a couple of drinks... very bad move..and i knew it the second i agreed to go... no matter how much i told myself i was going to behave and not go mad it was always going to happen in reality. It didnt take long for me to get the taste of alcohol again and then the overwhelming urge not long after for a "pick me up". I tried to combat it by stop drinking but the damage had been done and the phone call was made.... so pissed off with myself today. Now back to day one again....

Ive had more of a problem with Cannabis most of my life, which in the last month i had really cut down my use in the millionth attempt to stop. 

Just f*****g hate this never ending circle of battling with drugs. My partner tries her best to keep me straight and narrow, she was well pissed off with me yesterday when i walked in.... she knew the second i looked at her what had be going on.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

Â