Drugs

PussEKatt

4 hours ago, MNVillan said:

Went to my first AA meeting tonight. Really powerful stuff and I’m glad I’m on the road to recovery

Good work mate. I imagine it’s a long, hard road but you’ve made the most important step. Stay strong 👍

(Edit:  The same goes for anyone else trying to break their addictions)

Edited by bobzy

“You want to know what this was really all about?” he asked with the bluntness of a man who, after public disgrace and a stretch in federal prison, had little left to protect. “The Nixon campaign in 1968, and the Nixon White House after that, had two enemies: the antiwar left and black people. You understand what I’m saying? We knew we couldn’t make it illegal to be either against the war or black, but by getting the public to associate the hippies with marijuana and blacks with heroin, and then criminalizing both heavily, we could disrupt those communities. We could arrest their leaders, raid their homes, break up their meetings, and vilify them night after night on the evening news. Did we know we were lying about the drugs? Of course we did.” - John Ehrlichman, Nixon’s former domestic policy advisor.

• Like 4

THC, which is the chemical in marijuana that brings on the high, is a cannabinoid. Your central nervous system, produces endocannabinoids, which are similar, only they are produced by our bodies.

In my opinion, drugs get an unfair label attached to them. Abuse anything in life, and their will be consequences. You have to respect drugs the same as you do people. I think the stigma and dogma do more harm than the drugs themselves.

On 19/08/2021 at 12:33, Genie said:

Great news.

I find that regular users of cannabis are very defensive of its impact and how it impacts others. 
I still remember a group of mates at school, one of their parents turned a blind eye to them smoking it in their garage every night. Over a few months I saw them go from bright, funny, clever to tired, lazy and moody but they’d never admit it was anything to do with weed.

7 minutes ago, A'Villan said:

THC, which is the chemical in marijuana that brings on the high, is a cannabinoid. Your central nervous system, produces endocannabinoids, which are similar, only they are produced by our bodies.

In my opinion, drugs get an unfair label attached to them. Abuse anything in life, and their will be consequences. You have to respect drugs the same as you do people. I think the stigma and dogma do more harm than the drugs themselves.

1 hour ago, A'Villan said:

What am I missing here, @Genie?

I do not smoke marijuana regularly, haven't done since I gave it up a decade ago.

It was how drug users tend to be very defensive about using drugs.

You said the stigma around drugs does more harm than drugs themselves which I could not disagree with more.

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Genie said:

It was how drug users tend to be very defensive about using drugs.

You said the stigma around drugs does more harm than drugs themselves which I could not disagree with more.

"That system is our enemy. But when you're inside, you look around, what do you see? Businessmen, teachers, lawyers, carpenters. The very minds of the people we are trying to save. But until we do, these people are still a part of that system and that makes them our enemy. You have to understand, most of these people are not ready to be unplugged. And many of them are so inured, so hopelessly dependent on the system, that they will fight to protect it."

I did not mean to suggest that drugs are not harmful. However this is not a discussion I have the time or energy to engage at this point, my apologies I cannot offer a better reply.

I do however think it worth noting Amsterdam and Portugal as examples of which my statement has truth to it.

17 hours ago, MNVillan said:

Went to my first AA meeting tonight. Really powerful stuff and I’m glad I’m on the road to recovery

Scary stuff . Good luck with it, and remember it’s not for everyone, but you maybe one of the ones that gets it, because you have really got to get it for it to work. Wish you all the best . I’m 5 weeks sober Thursday. Last time I drank I blacked out and woke up at my mums the following morning without a clue what had happened. I’d come back from pub very drunk and we argued. I got nasty and shoved my wife up the wall. She kicked me out and I have no recollection of getting to my mums or not recollection of pushing my wife up the wall and generally being nasty . I’m a bad drunk . Cocaine normally levels me off but I’ve been trying to quit that hence why I didn’t have any that day I went out. If I just drink and drink heavily I’m very unpredictable. Very bad drunk as I say. Good luck .

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 24/08/2021 at 16:37, A'Villan said:

I've had a lot of trouble sleeping recently, a result of my life falling apart.
So i've given THC vaping a try after it being recommended by a friend. Not something I ever thought I'd be into.

Got to admit it's working absolute wonders for me. Don't use it all the time, just when I'm particularly struggling to sleep.

A few breaths and 10 minutes later I'm chilled, relaxed and fall asleep in minutes. And I sleep like a baby as well.

Only downside is a few mental dreams, but it's a small price to pay

• Like 2

11 hours ago, MNVillan said:

I caved and drank yesterday. Pissed at myself

I’ve started drinking again after the wife giving me an ultimatum. I drank away on holiday which was fine but I’ve started drinking in the pubs again. Not using cocaine, but still drinking enough for it to be a problem . My wife was away at the weekend and I used that as an excuse to sink a few Friday after work. I felt guilty the following day, so going to get back on the wagon.  Don’t beat yourself up mate. 

16 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I've had a lot of trouble sleeping recently, a result of my life falling apart.
So i've given THC vaping a try after it being recommended by a friend. Not something I ever thought I'd be into.

Got to admit it's working absolute wonders for me. Don't use it all the time, just when I'm particularly struggling to sleep.

A few breaths and 10 minutes later I'm chilled, relaxed and fall asleep in minutes. And I sleep like a baby as well.

Only downside is a few mental dreams, but it's a small price to pay

I think marijuana is fairly harmless for anyone who waits until adulthood to use it, and avoids doing it first thing for the day. If you have a sober and productive day where you take care of what needs doing to survive and thrive, then from my perspective most people will be able to be in the clear regards any long lasting detrimental consequences for using marijuana. Whether it is of benefit is up to the individual, and I've always encouraged people to listen to what their body is telling them, when it tells them. 

I'm not your mother @Stevo985 and you certainly strike me as a capable and in touch person from what I can grasp on the boards. It is for that reason that I want to say please avoid using it for when the mood is low. I'm just projecting from my own experiences though.

It is certainly great for a good night sleep. However with increased use, and especially when using a Sativa strains, it can go from that to having the reverse where you cannot sleep. Unfortunately some people try to smoke more to sleep, this is where a 'sloth' lifestyle can occur.

Not sure if any of that helps, or is of interest.

• 1 month later...

I'm getting my first ever try at drugs tomorrow. A friend is getting me 5 mild smokes. I have an ilness, whilst not life threatening keeps me in constant annoying pain. My meds keep me on track but doesn't stop the pain. So he suggested give it a try. Its got to the point if someone suggested rubbing my balls with sandpaper i would have gone for it

5 hours ago, colhint said:

I'm getting my first ever try at drugs tomorrow. A friend is getting me 5 mild smokes. I have an ilness, whilst not life threatening keeps me in constant annoying pain. My meds keep me on track but doesn't stop the pain. So he suggested give it a try. Its got to the point if someone suggested rubbing my balls with sandpaper i would have gone for it

Fair goes, I#d try anything personally

10 minutes ago, Xann said:

Germany now intending to legalise recreational cannabis, whilst clamping down on alcohol and tobacco advertising.

I wonder if it’s something the UK might consider as a revenue stream given the amount of debt we have.

Â