Drugs

PussEKatt

39 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

Valium, anybody? 

Seriously, never had it, but had co-codamol when i had tendonitis. It was glorious. So easy to see how people get hooked on certain things. Had to stop taking them pretty quickly. 

• Like 2

• 10 months later...

So... any advice for a first time magic truffler? Got a week in Amsterdam for the first time since Covid (used to head over once a year to have a fun weekend on the space cakes) and the wife fancies giving the truffles a go (kenneth.jpg).

I'm thinking same approach I take with the cakes should do it; sequester ourselves in the comfy AirBnB for the evening, get lots of tasty food and plenty of water in and have at it (have also got my usual playlist of albums I want to listen to whilst journeying through the cosmos).

Edited by GarethRDR
  • Like 1

Isn't the usual advice for that particular kind of trip to do with a sitter the first time in case you don't take to it?

I've no experience with it, though a uni friend said they and some mates tried it in Amsterdam and one went mental supposedly, proper freakout stuff until it passed. 

I seem to recall orange juice helps the effect pass quickly or something?

• Thanks 1

Not a bad shout, maybe I let her go first and assess the damage! At the very least, they'll be no going to the zoo like the first time we did the space cakes, I tell you; I was having a lovely time but we got as far as the penguin enclosure and she had bit of a wobble, had to navigate us both back to the AirBNB to put her down for a nap whilst I watched a John Wick/Frozen double bill on Dutch Netflix.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, GarethRDR said:

So... any advice for a first time magic truffler? Got a week in Amsterdam for the first time since Covid (used to head over once a year to have a fun weekend on the space cakes) and the wife fancies giving the truffles a go (kenneth.jpg).

I'm thinking same approach I take with the cakes should do it; sequester ourselves in the comfy AirBnB for the evening, get lots of tasty food and plenty of water in and have at it (have also got my usual playlist of albums I want to listen to whilst journeying through the cosmos).

So I've taken a few psychedelics before, so I can give you a few tips for you and your wife.

The main one which is easier said than done but is to remain CALM. Whilst you are tripping your mind wonders a lot and you can get caught up in some negative thoughts (not all the time), most of these thoughts can be something you've hidden that you may need to address etc. The last time I took truffles, I had to put my phone away for a while because I kept seeing eyes on my phone when I had it locked. I took it as a sign that I needed to reduce the amount of time scrolling on my phone lol.

The second point is if you and your wife are creative people then doing something creative is amazing to do whilst tripping, also listening to music or playing games is fun (playing Mario Kart on the Switch is one of the best experiences when you are tripping, especially Rainbow Road lol). As it's your first time I wouldn't recommend venturing out anywhere. 

The third point is if you want the best trip, then they will recommend you take your truffles on an empty stomach. I think eating just before affects your trip and you may not experience anything. When consuming them you can have chocolate with them to help the taste.

Hopefully, you have some decent scenery in your AirBnB, you can find yourself looking at nature for a while without realizing it.

I hope this is helpful lol, If I remember any other tips then I'll add on.

I hope you and your wife enjoy your trip

Edited by Rustibrooks
  • Thanks 1

Ooh.  I love tripping.  Advice already given is great.  Personally, I either do indoors with lots of entertainment.  Or outdoors on a nice sunny day.  Also dont do if you are feeling a bit under the weather, will just be more likely to have an unpleasant time. I have never tried the truffles in the Dam but I have heard they are a lot milder than shrooms.  My preference is acid as a lot more controllable, dosage wise and I know what to expect consistently.  Shrooms can be a bit hit and miss with me, that's just me though.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, GarethRDR said:

This is what i use to do when doing truffels in Amsterdam. Stay in my apartment with food,and good things to eat,and drink (not alcohol). The truffels taste really bad,so be sure to have something to eat right after eating them. I am most used to mushrooms,and only having to eat a handful of them. I got shocked when seeing the truffels came in 10,and 15 gram boxes (if i remember correct),and was supposed to be one trip. Almost a smal meal :D There were three,or four kinds of truffels to chose from,from with different effects. Beeing semi-used to psychedelic  things i went for the heaviest version,and the 15 gram box,and id really gave me a trip for a few hours. My friend i travelled with threw it all up 15 minutes after he ate it,and kept to smoking after that :D 

• Thanks 1

On 08/03/2023 at 10:17, GarethRDR said:

Get fresh air. Listen to music you've never heard or overlooked. Water is good. 

• Thanks 1

I think I'll stick to the space cakes going forward.  It was fine, but seemed to drag on for hours and the horrid taste occasionally repeating wasn't the best.  Also there was a very real 5 minute spell where I was a giant human Pez dispenser.

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, GarethRDR said:

I think I'll stick to the space cakes going forward.  It was fine, but seemed to drag on for hours and the horrid taste occasionally repeating wasn't the best.  Also there was a very real 5 minute spell where I was a giant human Pez dispenser.

That wasn’t Pez you were dispensing 😬

• Haha 2

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Â