Drugs

PussEKatt

I can`t figure out why drugs like coke and heroine are so popular and getting more and more popular ?

I mean they are very addactive and once hooked that is your life as you know it flushed down the toilet.So what I can`t get my head around is that when a person is first offered horoine or coke, why don`t they just say, no thanks I like my life as it is.Why do they even try it knowing that the rest of their life is going to be focused on getting enough money for their next hit and nothing else ?

It doesn't necessarily follow that if you take drugs then your life is 'down the toilet'.

Although I do find people who regularly take drugs to be particularly odious and pathetic individuals to the point where I hope they receive a bad pill or OD.

Because your perception of it is completely wrong.

It's not like you take a hit and you're instantly addicted. Like with alcohol, if you're sensible with it it's not addictive. It's really that simple. 

• Like 3

Don't do them personally, can't stand them but then I don't smoke and only drink very rarely now but I wouldn't judge anyone else for doing whatever they choose to do. Just don't do it around me and we'll be fine.

Human beings like to experiment, its natural. Some people can handle drugs and do them responsibly while others can't. 

Personally, I'm a fan of expanding my consciousness, but not with cocaine or Heroin..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vX1CvW38cHA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xC8eURJZpy0

Edited by AVFCforever1991
  • Like 3

I can`t figure out why drugs like coke and heroine are so popular and getting more and more popular ?

I mean they are very addactive and once hooked that is your life as you know it flushed down the toilet.So what I can`t get my head around is that when a person is first offered horoine or coke, why don`t they just say, no thanks I like my life as it is.Why do they even try it knowing that the rest of their life is going to be focused on getting enough money for their next hit and nothing else ?

I think you answered your own question buddy

I love the 2 different spellings of heroin in a single post as well :D

It's not like you take a hit and you're instantly addicted. Like with alcohol, if you're sensible with it it's not addictive. It's really that simple. 

You think some people are genetically more likely to find certain drugs addictive? For example, I know people who are very occasional smokers, but at the same time others just can't quit, maybe it's the same with other drugs.

Coke isn't that addictive as a drug neither is cannabis. The anti-drugs lobby always demonise the drugs and paint a much blacker picture than the reality of the situation. Tobacco is far more addictive that either of the two drugs previously mentioned, so is alcohol.

• Like 2

The anti-drugs lobby always demonise the drugs and paint a much blacker picture than the reality of the situation.

True, but why do governments actively encourage such demonisation? You'd think that with the amount of money potentially available they would be partial to legalisation.

The anti-drugs lobby always demonise the drugs and paint a much blacker picture than the reality of the situation.

True, but why do governments actively encourage such demonisation? You'd think that with the amount of money potentially available they would be partial to legalisation.

Because they play to the Daily Mail fear crowd.

They run scared because there is so much misinformation. any government that went "soft" on drugs would be pilloried in the press and face a huge backlash

And what matters most to politicians? the money in their own pockets

They run scared because there is so much misinformation. any government that went "soft" on drugs would be pilloried in the press and face a huge backlash

Certainly not the case here though, I don't think our government legislates all these horribly draconian drug laws for favourable public opinion. If anything, arguably, every time some poor sod appears in the news for drug possession etc, it does not look good on them (not because Singaporean society's very liberal when it comes to drugs, just that people don't like the idea of putting to death drug users and drug couriers). So, in our case at least, it's not a PR exercise, they genuinely believe it's (very) harmful to society.

I've had some great nights on drugs but some terrible nights aswel, I've done most drugs but not heroin, cocaine was my drug of choice and in the 11 years I've been taking it I've blew over 50k on it, I've even chose the drug over my own son and nearly lost my rights to see him but at the moment I'm off it and I'm positive I can stay off it but at times its a struggle, my mrs has gave me one last chance to keep off it or she is gone and I have to then go through the courts to see my son, cocaine is a very more ish drug and a lot of cocaine users have terrible binges on it, my last binge cost me over 700 quid in 4 days on the stuff, I live in a small town of 30k people and the town is absolutely full of drugs especially cocaine, I've always worked hard and never robbed despite having real heavy drug abuse at times, I also don't think I'm a bad person either

Be sensible when taking drugs?

Â