Drugs

PussEKatt

Been clean for 56 days now off the weed, which i smoked every day for about 15 years pretty much. Ive got past the craving and thinking about it stage now which is a massive step for me. Ive smelt quite a lot of it being smoked in recent days and its not bothered me one bit, it smells nice.. probably always will but ive not even considered getting any.

But over the last few days i have been craving a high of some sort.. not weed but sniff...

I have had small issues with this over the years but mainly before i met the missus 10 years ago when i got bad on it for a short period of time. Now il only do it a few times a year when im out having a big day/night out. I can deal with that as i barely go out these days tbh, i am trying to teach myself to drink without the needing/wanting the stuff... years in Ibiza hasnt helped me here 😫

I literally havent thought about anything else past 3 days.... its really getting to me, i never crave it unless ive had a drink! The next day i hate myself for it too normally. I had even wrote a msg out to my mate ready to get one earlier but didnt send it thankfully... now im sitting here depressed thinking i should have and beating my self up about why i didnt...

Addiction is an absolute b***h

• Like 2

@leighavfc Hopefully you can access something like this if you want to.

Why get involved?

The period following withdrawal is a vulnerable time in which the potential for relapse is significant. The program provides intensive post withdrawal support. The aim is to help people develop coping skills and maintain the motivation to change their drinking or substance use behaviour at a time when it is very challenging to stay on track.

Edited by A'Villan

On 25/04/2020 at 04:33, leighavfc said:

Been clean for 56 days now off the weed, which i smoked every day for about 15 years pretty much. Ive got past the craving and thinking about it stage now which is a massive step for me. Ive smelt quite a lot of it being smoked in recent days and its not bothered me one bit, it smells nice.. probably always will but ive not even considered getting any.

But over the last few days i have been craving a high of some sort.. not weed but sniff...

I have had small issues with this over the years but mainly before i met the missus 10 years ago when i got bad on it for a short period of time. Now il only do it a few times a year when im out having a big day/night out. I can deal with that as i barely go out these days tbh, i am trying to teach myself to drink without the needing/wanting the stuff... years in Ibiza hasnt helped me here 😫

I literally havent thought about anything else past 3 days.... its really getting to me, i never crave it unless ive had a drink! The next day i hate myself for it too normally. I had even wrote a msg out to my mate ready to get one earlier but didnt send it thankfully... now im sitting here depressed thinking i should have and beating my self up about why i didnt...

Addiction is an absolute b***h

As KentVillan said you're not alone in experiencing cravings, and believe me I know how intense they can be. Everyone tells you how bad drugs are, rarely how good they can be, which is dangerous in the beginning when you start out and think to yourself "these guys don't have a clue, look at me, Ma! I'm flying, I'm f^ck!ng flying!" "I feel great".

I know it's corny Leigh, but give this a try. When and if you are craving, think of the four L's and the three D's, which are:

The L's:

Liver - Is this going to impact my health? My organs, my mind? What are the consequences?

Livelihood - The money I allocate to my substance use, where could I invest that and see greater returns on my quality of life?

Lover - What does this mean for my relationships? To myself? My significant other? My children? Anyone I care about?

Legal - Are there any ramifications that I'm subsequently dealing with as a result of this behaviour? Is there potential for that to happen?

The D's:

Delay - Can I postpone sending that message for an hour (or any allocated time)?

Distract - Engage in something which captures your attention for that hour (given time), as best possible.

Decide - Once an hour (allocated time) has passed, decide if you want to follow through or distract for another hour.

You can get a lot of really meaningful and productive work done learning the discipline required to abstain from drugs

• Like 1

Gosh, sorry I'm a bit of a git!

Congratulations on your 56 days!

Not because you didn't do drugs for 56 days per se, but because you acted on something your body was telling you was in your best interest (I'm assuming to be the case)

• 2 weeks later...

I know this could also go in the Boring thread, but someone on here might appreciate this. I checked my pipe to see if there was anything left, but it was just resin. So I scraped it to bits and fired it up. Two hits and I'm dancing to old ice hockey arena organ music!

On 23/04/2020 at 19:04, Xann said:

Buckie's running dry in Glasgow.

Excellent name for a song

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I went and caught up with a couple of mates the other night (it's allowed here). Three of us in a shed playing darts and drinking some beers.

Getting on midnight my mate brings out some Charlie..... now when I was young I use to be into everything I could get my hands on. However in the last 15 years I can truthfully say before the other night I had done it twice.

Anyway crashed at my mates, slept it all off and came home. 

My wife randomly asks a couple of days later if I did any drugs, I was a bit surprised by the question but me being me didn't want to lie so said yes.

No she has kicked off and said she is going to leave me. I know I will get differing opinions but that's why I'm posting this...

I think she is being right ridiculous, if I had lied she would be none the wiser and I'd be getting on my with my days not even thinking about Charlie again. Instead I'm in the spare room on a shitty mattress thinking relationships are stupid.

I can't even start a conversation with her, without her wailing to the skies that she is married to a drug addict.

Edited by Villan_of_oz
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Do you have children?

Yes, to be technical she has two from a previous relationship. 

I would never take drugs at home, anywhere near Mrs or kids. Just to clarify.

Just now, Villan_of_oz said:

Yes, to be technical she has two from a previous relationship. 

I would never take drugs at home, anywhere near Mrs or kids. Just to clarify.

It's a tricky one then as a Mother will always think of them first...

If you didn't have kids then I'd have said she was overreacting but I don't want to project too much of what I think....sorry for your plight.

3 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

It's a tricky one then as a Mother will always think of them first...

If you didn't have kids then I'd have said she was overreacting but I don't want to project too much of what I think....sorry for your plight.

Yes I understand your point, hence why I said I was ready for differing opinions.

I understand that some people think I'm right clearing in the woods, that's why I'm here with my problem.

Tbf, she has never mentioned the kids in her list of reasons for being so upset. 

Happy to answer any questions, to help anyone form their opinion.

Edited by Villan_of_oz

I wouldn't say you are a clearing in the woods...there's no point dwelling on it.

You are right about relationships though, they are very stupid indeed. You just have to figure out if it's worth it!

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

I wouldn't say you are a clearing in the woods...there's no point dwelling on it.

You are right about relationships though, they are very stupid indeed. You just have to figure out if it's worth it!

Thanks mate, I better go and get ready for work. Take care!

Edited by Villan_of_oz
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Villan_of_oz said:

I went and caught up with a couple of mates the other night (it's allowed here). Three of us in a shed playing darts and drinking some beers.

Getting on midnight my mate brings out some Charlie..... now when I was young I use to be into everything I could get my hands on. However in the last 15 years I can truthfully say before the other night I had done it twice.

Anyway crashed at my mates, slept it all off and came home. 

My wife randomly asks a couple of days later if I did any drugs, I was a bit surprised by the question but me being me didn't want to lie so said yes.

No she has kicked off and said she is going to leave me. I know I will get differing opinions but that's why I'm posting this...

I think she is being right ridiculous, if I had lied she would be none the wiser and I'd be getting on my with my days not even thinking about Charlie again. Instead I'm in the spare room on a shitty mattress thinking relationships are stupid.

I can't even start a conversation with her, without her wailing to the skies that she is married to a drug addict.

Does she have any specific reasons for being anti-drugs? Could she be worried about you falling back into old habits? It's really hard to tell how reasonable or not she's being without knowing what her perspective is.

You'll know better than any of us. My guess is she will at some point give you a chance to speak properly with her about it, and then you better take that chance if this relationship is important to you.

Good luck. (From a single man who has failed this test several times.)

9 hours ago, KentVillan said:

Does she have any specific reasons for being anti-drugs? Could she be worried about you falling back into old habits? It's really hard to tell how reasonable or not she's being without knowing what her perspective is.

You'll know better than any of us. My guess is she will at some point give you a chance to speak properly with her about it, and then you better take that chance if this relationship is important to you.

Good luck. (From a single man who has failed this test several times.)

Well there has been progress, my wife definitely reaches her peak of anger early on. We have talked, she has expressed her concerns and I've listened. She wants to do know if I want to do it again, she knows I'm meant to be going camping with a few mates in October (if allowed within Covid-19 guidelines). I said only on that trip. She doesn't like it, but also won't leave me over that idea. 

Over to me to prove that I'll keep my word. I won't touch it till October (and I won't) and she won't divorce me.

I just want to thanks those that commented, it really helped. I can understand her upset better now, she knows I got amongst it in my younger days. She was just worried that's the life I wanted. Not at all, I'm far too old for such shenanigans. I love my wife, I love her kids like my own. I have my own little business and have a decent life. 

Still open to any opinions, positive or negative. The day you stop listening and learning is the day you stop growing.

Edited by Villan_of_oz
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Well there has been progress, my wife definitely reaches her peak of anger early on. We have talked, she has expressed her concerns and I've listened. She wants to do know if I want to do it again, she knows I'm meant to be going camping with a few mates in October (if allowed within Covid-19 guidelines). I said only on that trip. She doesn't like it, but also won't leave me over that idea. 

Over to me to prove that I'll keep my word. I won't touch it till October (and I won't) and she won't divorce me.

I just want to thanks those that commented, it really helped. I can understand her upset better now, she knows I got amongst it in my younger days. She was just worried that's the life I wanted. Not at all, I'm far too old for such shenanigans. I love my wife, I love her kids like my own. I have my own little business and have a decent life. 

Still open to any opinions, positive or negative. The day you stop listening and learning is the day you stop growing.

I understand her annoyance.

If my wife came home to me and told me she'd been smoking/doing drugs - I'd be well pissed off.

Not least because of my kids, but my wife used to smoke and I absolutely detested it.  Not because I don't like smoking or anything, but because in my head all I saw was us, 20 years down the line with her lying in a hospital bed dying of lung cancer and whilst I'd have to tell her how strong and amazing she is, I'd secretly be thinking "you've completely bought this on yourself and you're leaving me (and the kids) without you, yer bastard yer." 

Also, doesn't coke increase your chances of heart attacks by 450%? 

All that for a buzz that lasts 4/6 hours - don't seem to add up to me, but it's obviously popular stuff innit?

I've never had to take anything to make me have a good time, I feel for those that do (which is probably an inflammatory comment, but it's my truth). 

• Like 1

Â