Aleksander Tonev

HalfTimePost

I'm sure one of these days he'll actually hit the goal with his atomic strikes and score a wonder goal that we'll see posted here.

Until then bye bye, and please no more scouting tips from Petrov

Good riddance. The single worst player I can ever remember playing for the club.

Not sure about this, actually looked lively, decent on the ball and threatening when introduced late sometimes. Worst shot I've ever seen on someone at the club though.

You must have seen some different games to me. My memory of him is just getting the ball, head down, then blazing a shot miles over the bar or scuffing it miserably wide, no interest in what's going on around him at all.

It was basically the footballing alternative of a practical joke.

I think it was the Fulham 1-2 home game (yeah the one where Richardson scored a screamer against us), he came on and made a couple of chances and forced the keeper to make an outstanding save from an effort curling into the top corner, a shot on target!

Yeah, from memory I suppose that's about it.

Good riddance. The single worst player I can ever remember playing for the club.

Not sure about this, actually looked lively, decent on the ball and threatening when introduced late sometimes. Worst shot I've ever seen on someone at the club though.

You must have seen some different games to me. My memory of him is just getting the ball, head down, then blazing a shot miles over the bar or scuffing it miserably wide, no interest in what's going on around him at all.

A shot on target?  You sure you weren't dreaming?  Terrible player.  His shooting is pathetic.  So bad it is laughable!

How do we know it isn't loan?

From the club's Facebook page:

TRANSFER NEWS: Good luck to Aleksandar Tonev who has today joined Frosinone.

Tonev, who arrived at Villa from Lech Poznan in June 2013, has moved to the Italian club on a permanent deal. We wish him well for the future.
  • Like 1

Normally when I player leaves I try and think of something positive from his time here and say "well it didn't work out, but thanks for X goal/performance".

Really struggling here.

Well, he did score a goal in preseason  :ph34r:

I think it was the Fulham 1-2 home game (yeah the one where Richardson scored a screamer against us), he came on and made a couple of chances and forced the keeper to make an outstanding save from an effort curling into the top corner, a shot on target!

He also made a not-dismal cameo in the game we lost at Old Trafford a couple of years ago, and as someone said, he scored a goal against Forest Green in a friendly this summer. 

That's still an absolutely dismal record. I don't remember Agathe so I can't compare them. 

Lambert, we are laughing at one of your signings.

If one player summed up Lambert it was this useless t###. In the same way that CNZ sums up TSM time....and we are still paying for that!

So Benteke,  an improving Delph or Westwood dont sum up Paul's management?

Or Sanchez or Gil or Bacuna?

Edited by Richard
  • Like 2

He also made a not-dismal cameo in the game we lost at Old Trafford a couple of years ago, and as someone said, he scored a goal against Forest Green in a friendly this summer.

That's still an absolutely dismal record. I don't remember Agathe so I can't compare them.

Agatha went on a really good run on his debut. And then he, erm... That's it

I'm quite a seasoned football fan (in my own mind anyway) and pretty well traveled, so it takes a solid good effort to manage to get transferred from Villa to a team I have never even heard of.  Tonev has managed this, so for this and this alone I salute him, good effort son, take a bow.  Frosinone in sort of related news reminds me of that song "Let it go" that every prepubescent girl has been inflicting on their parents for the last year or so.

I'm quite a seasoned football fan (in my own mind anyway) and pretty well traveled, so it takes a solid good effort to manage to get transferred from Villa to a team I have never even heard of.  

Des Bremner was the first to do it in my life time

• Like 1

Lambert, we are laughing at one of your signings.

If one player summed up Lambert it was this useless t###. In the same way that CNZ sums up TSM time....and we are still paying for that!

How exactly does Tonev sum up Lambert?

Â