Aleksander Tonev

HalfTimePost

the worst thing for Tonev's Villa career was that Atomic Strike video on Youtube. People were expecting way too much for a guy we paid peanuts for who played in the Polish league. He might thrive in the Scottish league but some people are really going over the top saying he is the worst player they have ever seen or he doesn't look like a footballer.

• Like 2

the worst thing for Tonev's Villa career was that Atomic Strike video on Youtube. People were expecting way too much for a guy we paid peanuts for who played in the Polish league. He might thrive in the Scottish league but some people are really going over the top saying he is the worst player they have ever seen or he doesn't look like a footballer.

I was just expecting him to hit row Y instead of Z once in a while :(

Just a hypothetical question.

IF he does do really well, looks like a pro footballer, scores goals in the SPL and champions league. Can we get him back?

Celtic have him on loan with an option to buy. Does that mean they have the option to buy him ahead of us wanting him back if was ever the case?

For the record... I personally think there's a good player in there somewhere. Football is a confidence game. If a row z flew in instead you could see a totally different player. He is quick and at least attempts to use both feet. Stan clearly thinks he's good. I don't think he's just trying to hook a brother up.

I believe we could still make the decision on if we sell him or not, after all he is still our player.  I can't see much changing, i would imagine if he did well at celtic we would just sell him to them.  Doing well in scotland would be little indication he's improved from the player we've already seen.

I'd say he's technically better than a fair few first teamers.

Certainly the likes of Baker, Bennett, Weimann and Gabby.

No brain though, needs to be taught properly. I hope we don't have to sell him and we can bring him back when he gets some confidence back.

• Like 1

No brain though, needs to be taught properly. I hope we don't have to sell him and we can bring him back when he gets some confidence back.

Nonsense.  He's technically rubbish.  If he had any technique at all, he wouldn't shank every cross into row z.

Nonsense.  He's technically rubbish.  If he had any technique at all, he wouldn't shank every cross into row z.

He didn't though.

His shots were some of the only parts of last season I enjoyed at Villa Park. Genuinely smiled as he crashed another one 60 yards over the bar, not a thought in his tiny mind for the man in space. Really funny stuff.

But he can control the ball... sometimes. I can't remember the last time the ball went to Weimann and he didn't manage to balloon it up in the air with his first touch.

Well you would hope that an attacking midfielder has better 'technique' a defender wouldn't you?

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

• 3 weeks later...
Â