Aleksander Tonev

HalfTimePost

Great! I swear this sort of stuff only happens to us. We're going to be stuck with him now!

Must have missed Terry and Suarez playing for Villa! In all seriousness though I can't see it hampering a move if we want rid. There are plenty of clubs and leagues willing to turn a blind eye to that kind of thing. All of this of course depending on the allegation being true.

Celtic deny the accusation. If he's guilty of it, he should not be allowed anywhere near the club:

Celtic have denied an allegation that Aleksandar Tonev racially abused Aberdeen’s Shay Logan during Saturday’s Premiership match.

Dons defender Logan reported the alleged second-half incident immediately to referee Bobby Madden and skipper Mark Reynolds before informing manager Derek McInnes.

Fourth official Crawford Allan and Celtic were also made aware of the allegation by the Dons management team.

A Celtic spokesman issued a statement to Sky Sports News HQ on Sunday which read: “We have spoken to the player and he has stated that the accusation made is not true.”

The Scottish FA is awaiting the referee’s report which should arrive on Monday (15 September).

Bulgaria winger Tonev, 24, was making his belated Celtic debut after arriving in the summer on a one-year loan deal from Aston Villa with a groin injury.

Ronny Deila’s side won the match at Parkhead 2-1 thanks to goals in either half from Jason Denayer and Kris Commons, to end a run of four games without a victory.

Edited by The_Steve

http://hereisthecity.com/en-gb/2014/09/15/celtic-loan-star-criticises-lack-of-chances-at-aston-villa/?

Speaking to the Sunday Express, in quotes republished by the Royal Sutton Coldfield Observer, Tonev said: "I've got the skills to play for Villa, I just didn't get the chance to show what I'm capable of.

"That’s why I told the manager I wanted to go, that I wanted to play. I can do really well as long as I’m fit, and this is a good chance for me."

Well, if guilty he deserves to be punished. Wait and see I guess.

Kind of stating the obvious there trent but yeah, that's it. Either way, it's nothing to do with us and even may give us the opportunity to cancel his contract without having to pay any penalties for it... 

http://hereisthecity.com/en-gb/2014/09/15/celtic-loan-star-criticises-lack-of-chances-at-aston-villa/?

Speaking to the Sunday Express, in quotes republished by the Royal Sutton Coldfield Observer, Tonev said: "I've got the skills to play for Villa, I just didn't get the chance to show what I'm capable of.

"That’s why I told the manager I wanted to go, that I wanted to play. I can do really well as long as I’m fit, and this is a good chance for me."

He got a few chances, and would have got more if he wasn't completely **** shite in every game.

• Like 1

He wasn't completely sh*te, he ran around a lot and made a tackle or two, I'll give him that. His main problem was when he got the ball, which is a pretty big problem for a professional footballer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsKTK2LxXh0

I expect to see atomic shots from midfield after a nice build up.

Someone screaming "Super shoooooot!" as it happened would be a bonus.

I am disappoint :(

Edited by juteface

Â