Aleksander Tonev

HalfTimePost

Yeah it's for the best, he really hasn't got an idea how to play team football but fair play to him for forging a career out of his lack of talent.

You say that like he is a pub footballer.

He has played for his country, he could play in many top tier leagues in Europe and do well, Scotland, Holland, France, Turkey etc...

The PL was just about to much for him.

I think he will do well in Scotland, he is going to get time on the ball, space and loads of opporunities to score and impress. I can't see him developing as a football but he will enjoy his football and put himself in the shop window that is for sure.

Yeah it's for the best, he really hasn't got an idea how to play team football but fair play to him for forging a career out of his lack of talent.

You say that like he is a pub footballer.

He has played for his country, he could play in many top tier leagues in Europe and do well, Scotland, Holland, France, Turkey etc...

The PL was just about to much for him.

I think he will do well in Scotland, he is going to get time on the ball, space and loads of opporunities to score and impress. I can't see him developing as a football but he will enjoy his football and put himself in the shop window that is for sure.

I can't see him ending up round and leathery with a hole in the top of his head either. ;)

I think he might do well up there get some confidence back and come back to us a better player.

• Like 1

I think he might do well up there get some confidence back and come back to us a better player.

There aren't many examples of that happening in recent years. 

Has Hutton come back as a better player though?  Or is it just a case of him never being given a chance under Lambert at all, and actually being better than Lowton?

• Like 1

Has Hutton come back as a better player though?  Or is it just a case of him never being given a chance under Lambert at all, and actually being better than Lowton?

Yes, Albrighton came back as the new Beckham and Hutton has come back the new Cafu,

So I read :)

If he's not a better player than he showed under McLeish we're in trouble.

I still think Tonev has all the attributes to be THE perfect impact sub, if we can't coach raw pace and an ambidextrous person into a decent player, I'd rather send our coaches out to Celtic than Tonev

I am quite pacey and ambidextrous, can I make it?

I still think Tonev has all the attributes to be THE perfect impact sub, if we can't coach raw pace and an ambidextrous person into a decent player, I'd rather send our coaches out to Celtic than Tonev

I am quite pacey and ambidextrous, can I make it?

Haha let's not get pedantic Villa fans, I know it's tough but we're all here for the same cause!

I'm willing to put you in the squad if you can pass the simple criteria of;

Have you played professional football for your country?

Were you signed for a multi-million pound fee?

If not, keep your day job and take my comment with a pinch of salt!

• Like 1

He's utter shite.

I agree unfortunately. Honestly one of the worst players I've seen down Villa way in a long time. He reminds me of a GT mkII type player. Like Michael Boulding.

I remember the goal Bould's scored against FC Zurich, what a night, what a comeback, what a legend.

Â