Sunderland

Richard

Looks like Chris Coleman could be the hot favourite to replace Chris Coleman as manager.

Would be a very interesting appointment.

Donald will appoint a new boss by the weekend and has admits Coleman would be on his list of “three or four” candidates. St Mirren boss Jack Ross and Michael Appleton are candidates.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/sunderland-considering-reappointing-chris-coleman-12573634

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, villa89 said:

So after sacking coleman and giving him a sizeable payoff they might re-hire him. These are definitely the guys to turn the sinking ship Sunderland around.

I guess the reality is after relegation their choice of candidates is now of a lower level and he might be as good as anyone else they can get.

Even saying that, it does stink of incompetence so even if my above statement is accurate, it doesn't look good so most sensible chairman would avoid it.

The whole idea is a farce. I don't really think Coleman should have taken much of the blame for their relegation - he'd be several names down my list - but once you've sacked him, you've sacked him. 

I did see that they're also looking at the manager from @Villan4Life's St Mirren. I think it could be quite a good job for someone; they've surely found their floor at this point. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

The whole idea is a farce. I don't really think Coleman should have taken much of the blame for their relegation - he'd be several names down my list - but once you've sacked him, you've sacked him. 

I did see that they're also looking at the manager from @Villan4Life's St Mirren. I think it could be quite a good job for someone; they've surely found their floor at this point. 

I would hope if he does leave them that he goes somewhere higher and more promising than Sunderland.  However, I hope he gives St. Mirren one season in the Premiership.  It'd be interesting to see what he could do in a league where any bit of quality can quite easily do well.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Looks like Jack Ross is on his way there apparently

7 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

Looks like Jack Ross is on his way there apparently

As I say, I think it could be a decent opportunity. It's a big club which surely won't fall much further, and a very good chance of a winning season. As I understand it - and I'm sure you know more than me - there are some promising younger players at the club, and it's mostly the senior pro's who were a complete letdown this season. If they buy the best of League One, use their status for a couple of loans who are maybe a bit better than the average standard, and keep hold of their better youngsters, it should be a decent job for a promising younger manager. 

2 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

As I say, I think it could be a decent opportunity. It's a big club which surely won't fall much further, and a very good chance of a winning season. As I understand it - and I'm sure you know more than me - there are some promising younger players at the club, and it's mostly the senior pro's who were a complete letdown this season. If they buy the best of League One, use their status for a couple of loans who are maybe a bit better than the average standard, and keep hold of their better youngsters, it should be a decent job for a promising younger manager. 

And Jack won Manager of The Year in Scotland, has been described as a younger version of himself by Sir Alex Ferguson as both managed St Mirren! Also he is good at developing young players quite lot of players arrived at St Mirren and instantly got a tune out of them! Developed Lewis Morgan who has moved to Celtic.

Would be a good move for him if he gets signed off this afternoon.

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

And Jack won Manager of The Year in Scotland, has been described as a younger version of himself by Sir Alex Ferguson as both managed St Mirren! Also he is good at developing young players quite lot of players arrived at St Mirren and instantly got a tune out of them! Developed Lewis Morgan who has moved to Celtic.

Would be a good move for him if he gets signed off this afternoon.

Yeah, I think it's a good opportunity for him too.  Good backing, particularly for League One, if he gets them moving in the right direction and also a lot of pressure for an immediate return to the Championship.  Both a short-term challenge and a long-term opportunity which, unfortunately, he was never going to get in Scotland.

Looks like my big boss at St Mirren. Jack Ross is about be appointed manager of Sunderland. He will do well for them and given time get the to premier league again such a good appointment.

us scouts at St Mirren in limbo at moment as new Manager whoever thst might be might not want Head of Recruitment (my boss Martin Christie) or any scouts so got wait are what happens as some managers prefer do their own scouting 

1 hour ago, Villan4Life said:

Looks like my big boss at St Mirren. Jack Ross is about be appointed manager of Sunderland. He will do well for them and given time get the to premier league again such a good appointment.

us scouts at St Mirren in limbo at moment as new Manager whoever thst might be might not want Head of Recruitment (my boss Martin Christie) or any scouts so got wait are what happens as some managers prefer do their own scouting 

Good luck V4L. Fingers crossed.

• Like 3

22 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

Good luck V4L. Fingers crossed.

Cheers mate :)!! This made me laugh as since December we have 11 scouts in all area's of England and i know Sunderland don't have any at all :D what a prized numpty

https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/jack-ross.1431444/page-28#post-27636285

Carl and the Passions, Wednesday at 1:14 PMSt Mirren don't have scouts? We don't have scouts? Huge if true.

Also this isn't going to happen:

https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/ross-s-new-management-team.1431992/#post-27642160

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 1

Bet my old boss takes two of my bosman suggestions to Sunderland lol as we couldn't afford them wages wise!

Erhun Oztumer (Walsall) and Ollie Banks (Oldham)

Oztumer may go a Championship club but he wants a lot a week in wages!

Very interested to see who he signs and whether they are any of my suggestions as made over 100 to the club since December 

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 3

Â