The Randy Lerner thread

CI

A nagging sense of inevitability set in against Leicester City despite the late lead we enjoyed. Can't say why although I doubt I'm alone...

How many seasons after all can one hold on and hope to slide through? That is not Aston Villa. That kind of desperate existence is totally unacceptable, unbearable and totally incompatible with Villa's glorious past. That is not what, or why, I looked to get involved back then and it is why I've looked for some time to make a change. I can say certainly in good faith that I have tried to sell since my May 2014 announcement and put our beloved club in better suited hands - but that hasn't happened.

I write to Villa supporters to make clear that this relegation lies at my feet and no one else's. And because I believe in Aston Villa and know it will come back stronger and more able, with love and care for the community it serves, with the edge and attitude it must have to represent our history and tradition. Memories of Acorns on the shirt, and Ashley Young scoring a late winner against Everton still romantically nourish me. I know Villa will return better, stronger.

I will continue to try to put the club into worthy hands as I have, and also do my best to position Villa for the quickest possible return to its rightful place among England's elite.

R Lerner

Hey, drunk man in the corner! I've got some helpful words for you!

GET OUT, GET OUT, GET OUT, GET OUT, GET OUT, GET OUT, GET OUT, GET OUT, GET OUT, GET OUT, GET OUT, GET OUT, GET OUT, GET OUT, GET OUT.

Well at least he's said something. To be fair, we wanted something, and he's taken the blame. Not sure what else people wanted or expected - perhaps primary evidence of self-flagellation, or the promise to remove body parts. He can't promise to move heaven and earth to achieve promotion, because he doesn't want to be here.
I understand and share the vehemence towards him, but I think we need to be realistic. I also think the blandness and weirdness of his press releases explain why he never does interviews - the man is really very odd.

The thing for me is that he had this foreboding after game 5, when we weren't looking terrible. This must be a reflection on the squad, and if so, makes it even more unbelievable that Paddy Reilly is still around.

Edited by Pez1974
  • Like 4

He has simply acknowledged what we all know that this is on him. It is a rambling full of regret. I have no sympathy for the guy though as unlike the rest of us he had control over this situation and despite numerous warnings and close shaves he failed to act and put in place those things that could have halted the decline and set us on a forward path.

For me he is clearly desperate to sell now. I couldn't give a toss how much he gets for us but he needs to right one or two wrongs by making sure the club goes into the right hands now and an owner that can do what he clearly can't and take us forward.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

He has simply acknowledged what we all know that this is on him. It is a rambling full of regret. I have no sympathy for the guy though as unlike the rest of us he had control over this situation and despite numerous warnings and close shaves he failed to act and put in place those things that could have halted the decline and set us on a forward path.

For me he is clearly desperate to sell now. I couldn't give a toss how much he gets for us but he needs to right one or two wrongs by making sure the club goes into the right hands now and an owner that can do what he clearly can't and take us forward.

The problem is, we won't spend a penny till we do get sold by him. We could easily drop another division if things carry on the way they are. 

Just now, DK82 said:

The problem is, we won't spend a penny till we do get sold by him. We could easily drop another division if things carry on the way they are. 

I agree Den which is why we need to continue to push for a further commitment to invest whilst he remains.

• Like 1

No apology for ruining the club? No apology to the fans for all our suffering this year? No apology about bringing useless people like fix to the club?

you really are a complete tossed hurry up and sell up

• Like 2

just read his statement, was convinced the one at top of this page was a joke but its not :crylaugh:

He is deluded if he thinks he isnt the reason we are in this mess but this is deep stuff

shley Young scoring a late winner against Everton still romantically nourish me

• Like 1

He said our existence of just trying to get by is totally unacceptable. 

Er...you decided it would be this way for the last few years you **** idiot. Or did you think January windows signing this likes of Grant Holt and Simon Dawkins would solve all our problems? Or a low net spend after selling all our best players would see us fly up the league. 

**** idiot.  

Edited by DCJonah
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

This says to me that no takeover is in the pipeline.

Yup, if the sale was imminent, he'd save this for his parting words.

We're stuck with the chump.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

What the **** is a shunnamite?

A Shulamite is a person from Shulem. It is the ascription given to the female protagonist in the Song of Songs in the Hebrew Bible. In the King James Version and other Bibles, it is the Song of Solomon or Canticle of Canticles

I thought everyone would know this ;)

Â