The Randy Lerner thread

CI

a letter to the fans...utter bull shit

he obviously thinks we are all stupid and clearly is treating us all with contempt

with out doubt the worst ever ''custodian'' of our institution, an utter disgrace, putting that letter out has just made me feel more angrier than ever

if he didn't really want this to happen, he could have made it so . I will never forgive him.

Edited by imavillan
  • Like 1

Haha. So he makes a statement (ironically saying exactly what anyone with half a brain already knew - and it's about all he cam say). 

It gets put down as a sales pitch/bullshit etc.

My question is this...... Wtf are people asking him to come out n make a statement for (including the protests) if we're then just going to ignore it?

17 minutes ago, Woodytom said:

Haha. So he makes a statement (ironically saying exactly what anyone with half a brain already knew - and it's about all he cam say). 

My question is this...... Wtf are people asking him to come out n make a statement for (including the protests) if we're then just going to ignore it?

I think people wanted a statement forgetting that they're not dealing with a totally rational human. 

For every other owner of a club in English professional football (apart from Leeds probably)  you would get a properly written statement. Probably written with the input of Media team which would be clear and concise which is the minimum you would expect from a professional organisation.  

People have just remembered who our madcap owner is now they have heard his odd ramblings and realised they have actually learned nothing so he might as well not bothered 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, sidcow said:

they have actually learned nothing so he might as well not bothered 

But this is my point and i've been saying it for months..... what were people hoping to learn?

He's fully aware of the situation and how we must feel and he's disappointed too. He takes responsibility and he's looking to sell. That's been staring us in the face for two years yet we seem to be protesting for a message about something else? 

havent read many posts so sorry if im repeating,,,,

what if these buyers were interested and told lerner at start of season (after LCFC game) that they were interested in us if we go down for a certain price. Lerner didnt want to spend in january because of this...but got new board incase we stay up (risk/reward) ....as soon as we got relegated, the guys who resigned realised their position is pointless (ofc the doubt here why would they resign if theyre going to get paycheck when they are fired...doubts this... but...i have no idea of their previous jobs...but im sure i would be annoyed if i quit my job...to join another job..which might have left me unemployed after 1-6 months without me knowing) and now this statement...i feel its more than just a statement..

Edited by gharperr

12 minutes ago, Woodytom said:

I'd have preferred something a bit more coherent, less like it was knocked out whilst on strong medication.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I think people wanted a statement forgetting that they're not dealing with a totally rational human. 

For every other owner of a club in English professional football (apart from Leeds probably)  you would get a properly written statement. Probably written with the input of Media team which would be clear and concise which is the minimum you would expect from a professional organisation.  

People have just remembered who our madcap owner is now they have heard his odd ramblings and realised they have actually learned nothing so he might as well not bothered 

then people would have complained it was a media team PR statement.

1 hour ago, gharperr said:

havent read many posts so sorry if im repeating,,,,

what if these buyers were interested and told lerner at start of season (after LCFC game) that they were interested in us if we go down for a certain price. Lerner didnt want to spend in january because of this...but got new board incase we stay up (risk/reward) ....as soon as we got relegated, the guys who resigned realised their position is pointless (ofc the doubt here why would they resign if theyre going to get paycheck when they are fired...doubts this... but...i have no idea of their previous jobs...but im sure i would be annoyed if i quit my job...to join another job..which might have left me unemployed after 1-6 months without me knowing) and now this statement...i feel its more than just a statement..

Why would these buyers only want to buy us if we go down?

It dosen't take a huge amount to fund a promotion winning team in the championship....as we've seen this season you can spend 50m to be one of the worst top flight teams in history.

Maybe some interested think being out of the spotlight of the Premier league means it will be easier to restructure and rebuild behind the scenes.

Tbh I've always thought the main sticking point was the price, now it's apparently been slashed to 75m (at least Lerner has listened as this was one of the things I was calling him out on so that's a small positive) I expect a lot of interest in us for that.

However lots of interested parties dosen't guarentee new owners, I think we've seen evidence of that past two summers so can fully understand why many are taking these new reports with a pinch of salt.

Has anyone seen anything credible that the price is $75M?  It seems to me that once the club's statement came out about Bernstein and King's resignation and mentioned Hollis being heavily involved in sales negotiations that some paper immediately speculated on a a price of $75M and everyone suddenly started repeating it as gospel.   For that matter, we don't know if he was ever really asking $200M to begin with and lowered it to $150M.   I think a lot of theories and scenarios are being laid out based on asking price being dropped from $150M to $75M and it's all speculation.

4 hours ago, TRO said:

Until anything of substance is reported.....its not worth getting any hopes up.

Yep, we've been burnt too often before. Until he's **** off for good, I won't breathe easy.

Edited by maqroll

Â