The Randy Lerner thread

CI

2 hours ago, PussEKatt said:

His letter just shows that he has finally realised what an arsehole he has been.But is he going to do anything to put things right ? Not according to his letter he is`nt.

That is a very good point. His message does completely lack a next step. He needs to go and soon, his inability to lead is crippling the club.

"and also do my best to position Villa for the quickest possible return to its rightful place among England's elite".

That was the final part of Lerner's statement. For me, if we do not get taken over, that's the most important part thing said in that statement. Apart from selling the club, I'd like to know exactly what he has in mind to get us back to its rightful place among England's elite. 

At what point in the close season does Lerner take stock and say "right, there's no buyer in place so I need a new footballing board, a new manager and then need to look at funding a rebuild of the playing squad"?

This is the big concern for me. There's a hell of a lot of work to be done at the club and talks of a takeover are masking over the fact that we are in a total mess.

At some point, Lerner needs to make a big decision. He will need to decide what action to take regarding the board, management of the team and, transfer deals. I hope he doesn't take his mind off the job in hand! 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Why would these buyers only want to buy us if we go down?

because evaluation changes? ill admit..i put about 1 minute thought into that post..so probably has a ton of holes in it

Edited by gharperr
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, AndyBM said:

its just dawned on me, that the ten or so years he has owned this club, ive still not heard him speak.

This is probably best you're going to get to an interview

Edited by Villan4Life

16 minutes ago, AndyBM said:

its just dawned on me, that the ten or so years he has owned this club, ive still not heard him speak.

Until your post I'd  never even thought of this. But bloody hell this is true

21 hours ago, Phumfeinz said:

Give it a rest Kingman, I swear the last five threads I've read have all ended with you squealing 'rat boy!'.

tumblr_lig1wioFOs1qcq1f6o1_1280.gif

Edited by Kingman
  • Like 1

On 22/04/2016 at 13:53, Djemba_Villan said:

I know this goes against the current bandwagon of piling on criticism of RL, but I can't help but question to myself, what more can he realistically do?
He has:-

• Spent a enormous chunk of his own (and families) money on Villa which he stands little to no chance of recouping
  • Publicly put us up for sale, as the fans wanted!
  • Delivered a statement accepting responsibility for the failure of his tenure (but had tha audacity to point out it's not ALL been shit)
  • Accepted that a footballing board was needed and has enabled the people to run with it

We (Us and Randy) failed, not because he wanted to, or intended to, but just unfortunately because some things in life some things work and others don't. There's nothing to suggest he has ever maliciously or deliberately taken a course of action to harm the club. It's just that decisions haven't worked. I know lots of fans simply see spend spend spend as the course of action to take but it's not their money!! I'd doubt they'd solve their own personal issues that way!

Thing is, the papers have got their teeth in now and every little thing is being looked at in a certain way but I'm becoming weary now of the constant negative spin of every little thing and the ferocity of the dislike towards him. It's crap getting relegated but lets not pretend that this was the plan!

Will you still feel the same when we are relegated to League One?

Â