The Randy Lerner thread

CI

I like to think im a relatively intelligent individual, with a balanced emotional outlook and the ability to control my feelings when necessary.

However, after reading that patronising, self-indulging, nausea inducing load of absolute bollocks, my initial thoughts towards the author of said bollocks was... "**** off and die".

• Like 2

If all Lerner wanted from the Villa was to be "romantically nourished" then why didn't he just bang one of the office girls and sneak off back to his missus?

Following all the bullshit that was spouted by him and his team when he took over, I thought we would be reminiscing about trophies won and thrilling Champions League encounters after 10 years, not thinking back to an Ashley Young goal and having Acorns on our shirts, despite the fact it was a generous act at the time.

He takes the blame for relegation but doesn't have the decency to apologise to the fans AND/OR the redundant staff - despicable!

It made me chuckle (in a "I can't f**king believe he said that" kind of way) when I read that part about "How many seasons can one hold on and hope to slide through? That is not Aston Villa. That kind of existence is totally unacceptable." Well Mr Lerner, you made that happen with your ridiculous cock-ups both at board level and with funding of the playing side. Having a mass cull of better players and replacing them with "young and hungry" was only ever going to end up with failure. We were lucky to stay up season after season but you still persisted with not investing properly in order to ensure our Premier League status.

You are a dimwit of the highest order. You didn't need to employ numerous high-earners to realise what was needed for the club to survive. There are numerous fan forums that could have advised you better - for the cost of an internet connection! It was blindingly obvious that you can't go from good, solid Premier League players to young kids from lower English leagues - to then throwing in over-experienced mercenaries looking for a final pay day - to young, foreign players with no experience of playing in England. It was a fail-fail-fail operation all the way.

Why so many youngsters thrown in? Because you under-funded Lambert. Same reason for the over-paid mercenaries - they were old and past it but, they were cheap. The only reason £50m was spent last summer was because of our two best players. The net spend will show that you again under-funded. All you had to do was look at how clubs like Southampton, Wigan, Coventry, Birmingham etc all acted in the past. You cannot continually run a Premier League football club on a shoestring budget. In fact, it is unforgiveable to do so with home attendances of 30k+.

Do one last good thing for Aston Villa Football Club and sell us to the RIGHT PEOPLE at the RIGHT PRICE and have no further involvement with the running of our club ever again. That way, maybe we can start to rebuild this mess you will have left us with!

• Like 3

He sounds like an irresponsible dog owner who bought a purebred and bought heaps of toys for it and got it lessons when it was a puppy only to lose interest when the training wasn't instantly working and new people moved in up the street with an even better dog, so he left it cooped up in the backyard for 23.5 hours a day and then it got bored, jumped the fence and mauled a kid and now he's being really apologetic and admitting he's at fault for being a shit owner.

• Like 2

Not sure what prompted him to write this, relegation? Recent resignations? Whatever the reason it's just meaningless words isn't it? Pointless, empty words. The tone sounds like Randolph doesn't even know what he's trying to say.

1 hour ago, Djemba_Villan said:

I know this goes against the current bandwagon of piling on criticism of RL, but I can't help but question to myself, what more can he realistically do?
He has:-

• Spent a enormous chunk of his own (and families) money on Villa which he stands little to no chance of recouping
  • Publicly put us up for sale, as the fans wanted!
  • Delivered a statement accepting responsibility for the failure of his tenure (but had tha audacity to point out it's not ALL been shit)
  • Accepted that a footballing board was needed and has enabled the people to run with it

We (Us and Randy) failed, not because he wanted to, or intended to, but just unfortunately because some things in life some things work and others don't. There's nothing to suggest he has ever maliciously or deliberately taken a course of action to harm the club. It's just that decisions haven't worked. I know lots of fans simply see spend spend spend as the course of action to take but it's not their money!! I'd doubt they'd solve their own personal issues that way!

Thing is, the papers have got their teeth in now and every little thing is being looked at in a certain way but I'm becoming weary now of the constant negative spin of every little thing and the ferocity of the dislike towards him. It's crap getting relegated but lets not pretend that this was the plan!

I agree that he didnt set out to lose £200 million or get the club relegated, however he waited 10 years before trying finally set the club up properly and then managed to upset 2 board members so they resigned in less than a month.

Had he set the club up properly in the first place, listened to what football people he had on the board with Fitzgerald & Cunnah he might well have a lot more to show for his money.

He has been a fool who has lot money on a personal vanity project.

• Like 1

Surround Birmingham, seal it off, contain the stupidity stream, flush the **** out with fire if necessary, house by house.

Do not swallow any of his special romantic nourishment sauce.

Â