Paul Lambert

Pilchard

Of course there's some really useful information Lambo has that we dont... How they're performing in training. Benteke for all we know could have come off the back of a strong performance against City and put everything he touched into the top corner in training.

It's Lambert's job to pick his team and it'll be him that get's the sack if it all goes horribly wrong but it's what he is paid to do, sure we can discuss who we would prefer to see in the team etc, but surely we have to believe that Lambo makes the decision he considers to be best for the side based on the information available to him at the time?

This is hindsight bias. Lambert went with the lads who did well mid week. Its easy to nit-pick after the event.

That said, it did go to extra time and it was a few of the players' first start of the season. To expect all of them to repeat it again at the weekend was a bit much, especially when Bent, our best goalscorer, would have been fresh. Although I was impressed with the first half, I feel we dropped 2 points on Sunday and selection was a big reason for that. I'm still totally behind Lambert and liking the work he has done so far though.

Pretty obvious what's going on and no need to talk about a disgrace or whatever. They're chasing compensation, this is our countermeasure, we'll all walk away without anyone paying anything.

Bit cheeky from the Villa but then if Norwich had let Lambert speak to us they would've got compensation. Clubs don't have the power these days.

The delightful Alan Bowkett revealed this in a meeting with some Norwich fans.

Paul Lambert 'suing Norwich City for £2m'

Norwich City's former manager Paul Lambert is suing the club for up to £2m, it has been revealed.

The Canaries chairman Alan Bowkett told a meeting of the Fans Forum at the Carrow Road ground that Lambert, now manager of Aston Villa, was suing for breach of contract.

The meeting was attended by about 130 supporters of the club.

Mr Bowkett said Lambert was seeking between £1.5m and £2m. Neither Aston Villa nor Paul Lambert have commented.

The Norwich chairman said he was disappointed with the way Lambert left the club, taking over at Villa on 2 June.

Lambert spent three years at Norwich and guided the Canaries to back-to-back promotions from League One before finishing 12th in last season's Premier League.

Shortly after moving to the Midlands he said: "I will always be proud of what we have done as a group - it is a part of my life that will stay with me and I will never forget it.

"I have nothing but praise for Norwich. The fanbase was always pivotal to what happened.

"I had my reasons [for leaving], which will probably remain private and I don't want to keep going back to that."

Wonder if 'Wiz' was at the meeting?

For those of you calling it a disgrace, (unless ive misinterpreted), are you so rich that you would walk away from TWO MILLION POUNDS that you are legally owed? (At least in PL's and his lawyers eyes anyway). If so, invest in VT this instance please.

The only disgrace is the way in which Norwich made what should have been an amicable and sensible managerial "transfer", into a bitter, convulated and ridiculous financial wrangle.

If Lambert is owed it, let him chase it. I would.

As Adam2003 says, it is likely that this is a counterclaim from PL. Pat Murphy, 5 Live Midlands football correspondent (I know, MON lover and Villa hater at times) has said on Twitter that Norwich are seeking compensation from PL for breaking his contract by leaving for Villa. As a result, It's likely that PL has issued a counteclaim stating that Norwich were actually in breach of contract first as his contract apparently had a clause which allowed PL to speak to other clubs, which Norwich then refused to allow him to do. So, technically (sorry for the legal speak), PL is likely to be saying that Norwich were in repudiatory breach of the contract, he accepted that repudiation, the contract was terminated as a result and he is technically entitled to compensation as Norwich's breach occured first (although whether he has suffered any loss is another matter, given that he moved to a higher paid jon).

Of course, this is all speculation, but as a commercial litigation lawyer and going on what Pat Murphy has said, I think that's probably what's happening. It's probably all a tactic by PL and his advisers to get Norwich to drop their claim - I can't imagine that PL actually expects to be paid £2m, he just doesn't expect to pay anything out to Norwich.

As Adam2003 says, it is likely that this is a counterclaim from PL. Pat Murphy, 5 Live Midlands football correspondent (I know, MON lover and Villa hater at times) has said on Twitter that Norwich are seeking compensation from PL for breaking his contract by leaving for Villa. As a result, It's likely that PL has issued a counteclaim stating that Norwich were actually in breach of contract first as his contract apparently had a clause which allowed PL to speak to other clubs, which Norwich then refused to allow him to do. So, technically (sorry for the legal speak), PL is likely to be saying that Norwich were in repudiatory breach of the contract, he accepted that repudiation, the contract was terminated as a result and he is technically entitled to compensation as Norwich's breach occured first (although whether he has suffered any loss is another matter, given that he moved to a higher paid jon).

Of course, this is all speculation, but as a commercial litigation lawyer and going on what Pat Murphy has said, I think that's probably what's happening. It's probably all a tactic by PL and his advisers to get Norwich to drop their claim - I can't imagine that PL actually expects to be paid £2m, he just doesn't expect to pay anything out to Norwich.

Hi lads,

Well I'm sure you can imagine and understand the anger directed towards our ex manager down here this morning.

Hitler would be more welcome in the City atm, and he bombed the place!

http://www.pinkun.com/home/paul_lambert_taking_norwich_city_to_tribunal_for_2m_over_unfair_dismissal_and_breach_of_contract_1_1572145

For us its very raw, a man we once admired who knows our financial state to do this is beyond the pale, trust me, it will get nasty when you come to play down here.

Thats not a threat to Villa and their fans, indeed, quite the opposite, but the anger directed towards your manager will be intense.

I won't get involved with the legalities of this or trade insults, but this is just a post to convey the mood down here.

Cheers.

I competely understand what the feeling must be like, but this also shows that what goes on behind closed doors (i.e. the reality of a situation) can be different to what the fans are speculating about or what they think is going on. You thought Norwich were entitled to compensation and now they could face a bill. Contracts eh?