Paul Lambert

Pilchard

Do you mean from the media?

yep media and pundits. i remember we beat fulham then went on a poor run then the pundits on ssn were saying what more did we want from mcleish!

lambo has done far better than mcleish has in terms of getting decent results style of play and putting belief in the team

I think relegation wouldn't have been the worst thing under Houiller or McLeish as it would have got a lot of over paid players off the books who would have still thought they were goood enough for the Premiership. However now, I do not see it as a possibility.

Do you mean from the media?

yep media and pundits. i remember we beat fulham then went on a poor run then the pundits on ssn were saying what more did we want from mcleish!

lambo has done far better than mcleish has in terms of getting decent results style of play and putting belief in the team

Not playing 3 right backs or 7 defenders etc

Whoever thinks that relegation wouldn't be a bad thing needs their head examining. This is Aston Villa Football Club FFS.

Didn't exactly do Newcastle any harm. In my post I said I no longer see it that way, I thought it might have taken that to get rid of McLeish and a few players like Hutton, Collins etc, but Lerners cashed out before he lost it all with McLeish.

Whoever thinks that relegation wouldn't be a bad thing needs their head examining. This is Aston Villa Football Club FFS.

Didn't exactly do Newcastle any harm. In my post I said I no longer see it that way, I thought it might have taken that to get rid of McLeish and a few players like Hutton, Collins etc, but Lerners cashed out before he lost it all with McLeish.

The thing is, if you work on previous history, it would more than likely be a disaster for us.

Newcastle survived and it was a good thing for them, but they are the only club to do that really. We could easily go the way of Leeds, Southampton etc...

I think it's more likely we'd fall apart then do a Newcastle. I wouldn't want to take that risk.

The thing is, if you work on previous history, it would more than likely be a disaster for us.

Newcastle survived and it was a good thing for them, but they are the only club to do that really. We could easily go the way of Leeds, Southampton etc...

I think it's more likely we'd fall apart then do a Newcastle. I wouldn't want to take that risk.

I was saying that it would not have been the worst thing under McLeish at the time, say last March, as I thought that would be the only thing that would have got rid of him. However, under Lambert I do not see it as either a good thing or a possibility.

A lot of those clubs as well would have had great financial troubles, not many would have been backed by a multi million pound owner. The way I saw it if McLeish relegated us, he would have left, along with Dunne, Warnock, Bent, Collins, Hutton, Heskey, Cuellar, & Ireland, leaving us with the perfect platform to re-build from. However, now that Lambert is in I dont think we will have to worry about it.

A lot of those clubs as well would have had great financial troubles, not many would have been backed by a multi million pound owner. The way I saw it if McLeish relegated us, he would have left, along with Dunne, Warnock, Bent, Collins, Hutton, Heskey, Cuellar, & Ireland, leaving us with the perfect platform to re-build from. However, now that Lambert is in I dont think we will have to worry about it.

heskey and cuellar would have gone anyway, their contracts ran out

people like dunne would have stayed, he is towards the end of his career and wont have got another pay pack like the one at villa

hutton would want to stay, again he knows he wouldnt get more elsewhere and also probably knows no premier league club would want him anyway

i could only see bent and ireland wanting out and they have been 2 of our most important players

relegation would be a disaster and financially we would have been ****, players staying due to massive contracts, no revenue to pay them, less advertisement, crap shirt deal ( oh wait....)

as it stands we have loaned out warnock, sold collins, heskey and cuellar have not had new contracts

there seems only really hutton now the manager doesnt want in the squad, if we can **** him off in january for free im sure the club would be happy.

Lambo has started well in terms of off field activities and also squad wise, on the pitch it is a work in progress which will see us have good days and woeful days

we wont go down though, we will finish 10th or there abouts

Yes, we will definitely have some 'woeful' days. But, as we saw the other night, Lambert has the ability to lift the players and give them the belief to bounce straight back. Last season, that simply would'nt have been the case.

No point continuing to debate it, as I said I saw it as the only way we would get rid of McLeish as I honestly thought Lerner would see staying up as a success. In Lambert we trust UTV

i also thought it was the only way to get rid of the orange haired spunk monkey but luckily randy managed to sort his head out

No point continuing to debate it, as I said I saw it as the only way we would get rid of McLeish as I honestly thought Lerner would see staying up as a success. In Lambert we trust UTV

i also thought it was the only way to get rid of the orange haired spunk monkey but luckily randy managed to sort his head out

:thumb:

The scary thing is if Randy didn't have the sense to sack McLeish after last season's debacle I doubt he'd have the sense to sack him when we were inevitably relegated. They would have emphasised that McLeish has experience getting teams promoted from the Championship.

Just watched the tunnel cam from the City game, love that PL rocks up looking sharp in a suit and changes into his tracksuit for the game. Also thought it was quite funny that our players only took a toilet bag into the dressing room with them but all the City players had a suitcase as if they were going for a weekend away.

So what does he do Sunday?

Does he keep the same team? Given or brad in goal?

Do Holman and Bent come straight back in?

IMO Guzan keeps his place. We let in 4 but none were really his fault.

I think Lambert should keep bent and Holman on the bench. If we are trying to Install this hard work and fighting for each other attitude then players need to be rewarded with keeping their place when they do this.