Paul Lambert

Pilchard

So what everyone's saying is we should play 4-1-5?

I like it!

Guzan

Lowton   Vlaar   Clark   Bennett

KEA

Gabby  Andi  Bent Zoggy  Benteke

I would pay good money to watch that side!

I still like the idea of Gabby & Weimann starting up front. Just scare the living shit out of the baggies with pace, energy & power.

I think the problem with Gabby and Weimann is what happens if our midfield is struggling to control the game. Gabby is always a threat, but needs supply - he's not as effective when he drops deep when playing as a forward. Weimann's a good finisher, a tricky player, and very industrious, but again I'm not sure he's a guy you want to be relying on to link up play in the final third.

--------------Guzan---------------

Lowton--Vlaar--Clark--Bennett

---Bannan--KAE--Delph---------

------------N'Zogbia-------------

-----Gabby-------Bent-----------

is how I see us lining up with maybe Bannan/Delph out for Holman.

Yep that's what I want to see. I want to see Gabby playing through the middle terrifying the defence with his pace, allowing Bent to find little pockets in the box to bang in a hattrick. Gabby needs a run in the side where he isn't on the wing.

Id play that team with Holman for Bannan. Im still not entirely convinced by Bannan.

--------------Guzan---------------

Lowton--Vlaar--Clark--Bennett

---Bannan--KAE--Delph---------

------------N'Zogbia-------------

-----Gabby-------Bent-----------

That team has more left-footers than right! (Interesting observation, rather than judgement).

Have to say our last two premier league games has me questioning Lamberts tactical ability..... I always thought he was a manager who would change things if it wasn't working.... Though against Southampton and today it clearly weren't working and only like for like changes were made.

Against Southampton we really needed to stop being so direct and giving possession away. Today we were getting overrun in midfield straight after half time.... Their 5 was bullying our 4. Should have took Gabby off and put 5 in midfield IMO and pressed higher.

By no means am I writing him off at all. Just an observation...

Have to say our last two premier league games has me questioning Lamberts tactical ability..... I always thought he was a manager who would change things if it wasn't working.... Though against Southampton and today it clearly weren't working and only like for like changes were made.

Against Southampton we really needed to stop being so direct and giving possession away. Today we were getting overrun in midfield straight after half time.... Their 5 was bullying our 4. Should have took Gabby off and put 5 in midfield IMO and pressed higher.

Didnt see last weeks game, but having just got back from the match, I completely disagree about today. The substitutions changed th momentum of the game back into our favour.

I am sorry anybody that wanted to take Gabby off when he had played really well is a little suspect in his analysis.....

I just saw it as we'd scored 4 at City without Bent and Lambert just went with the same forward line which I didn't disagree with.

I probably would've had two Bents upfront and Gabby roaming and running at Billy Jones on the left. Was quite surprised Albrighton started although in fairness he didn't look too bad in the first half before running out of puff in the second.

Great subs today. I am backing Paul Lambert even if we are in a desperate scrap against relegation. I wanted him here and am prepared to back him. His team look hungry and work hard for him. We are a bit narrow at times but are fairly good to watch. Glad to see what the goal meant to Darren Bent.

It really annoyed me it took so long for Lambert to bring Bent/Bannan on.

And was completely wrong option to start Albrighton, got that one wrong for sure. Zog looked good when he came on, should start next game.

Disagree entirely. Albs was very good against Citeh and as a local boy it was the right move.

And was completely wrong option to start Albrighton, got that one wrong for sure. Zog looked good when he came on, should start next game.

Disagree entirely. Albs was very good against Citeh and as a local boy it was the right move.

Not enough from him though, played a good through ball to holman..N'zogbia looked better when he came on IMO.

Not enough from him though, played a good through ball to holman..N'zogbia looked better when he came on IMO.

You can't just come in and say it was completely the wrong decision because of hindsight - it looked to be the right decision at the time.

You can't just come in and say it was completely the wrong decision because of hindsight - it looked to be the right decision at the time.

True.

He said we played a world-class game in the first half. Excuse me, but is that our aim now? If we played like that against City or United at home in the Premier League then fair enough, but a highly mediocre half without many chances against WBA is world-class now? Rubbish! This game was a disappointment!