Paul Lambert

Pilchard

Seeing as he hasn't got one yet.

Firstly let me say this before I'm jumped on. He was my number one choice as manager. I was delighted he was made manager. I think he is a talented manager.

This is not me saying I don't want him here.

I also recognize that at least eight of the first team players seen today are not good enough to play in the Premier League.

However - he needs to take some of the blame today's defeat. Delfounseo should have not been started ahead of Weiman - but Lambert is just going through the process the last two have - learning what they did - Delph, Ireland, Delfounseo aren't good enough, Clark still has an awful lot to learn and Bent is useless up front on his own.

But his decisions in midfield today were incredibly stupid. Herd at right wing?! Bannan in the middle up against Fellani? Bizarre.

• Like 1

Agree Pilch..Team Selection definitely played a part today. Baker is a far better fit in the back with Vlaar, Lichaj should have been left back. Bannan and Fonz will never make it so should be no more than bench warmers. I hope Lambert isn't going to be left out to dry because no Manager could take this lot on and finish anywhere higher than the bottom 6.

I am a bit puzzled by some of the actions myself. Looks almost like he is stilling seeing what the players are capable of, like some pre season stuff, but with the competitiveness.

I sure hope he saw the same as us today and go hunting for players to fit with his ideas and his team.

I think he has been prudent and good in the transfer dealings. Vlaar at 3.2 mill, El Ahmadi at 2 mill looks like good buys. More of the same, please. (MON would probably have paid 15 mill for two players of the same caliber, only they would have been British and with PL experience)

His dealing of Warnock seems harsh, but I think he is trying to motivate him and Hutton to accept other offers they would not accepted if they felt welcome. If successful, it will both give some cash in for the players and free up 70 000 pounds a week. I like the tough stance. He said

“I’ve got to work with lads that are young and I’ve got to get them into my way of thinking as well. The squad will evolve – that’s normal in football.
about the situation, which show that he is eager to make his changes.

I was not a fan of Lambert and he was not who I wanted here. However he is and I am prepared to give him a chance.

I thought tactically he got it wrong at west ham and played into their hands by trying to go through the middle.

Today he changed the system and the personnel and again got it totally wrong.

Before he arrived people were saying how he was tactically clever but in his first two games he has made massive selection and tactical blunders.

I dont think he has handled Hutton and Warnock. I am not impressed at all by what he has done so far.

The back four, after the sending off looked better. Clarke proved what he is , a good footballer who is not good enough to play centre half or midfield. Bannan and Delfouneso are championship players at best. N'Zogbia is a busted flush,his heads gone. If we don't sign anyone PL should start with Guzan, Lowton Vlaar Baker ,Lichaj. Holman El Ahmadi, Ireland Delph, Weimann, Bent.

the one thing that has always interested me is what managers say individually to players in training, to motivate them, to unearth their best style, etc

because tbh, with makoun going awol, herd being abit rough around the edges still, and although im not a fan of delph, alot of money was still spent on him, so PL needs to tell him to toughen the f**k up and get some tackles in, afterall, he hasnt got much ability

concerning PL, he was a signing that i didnt expect, although maybe i should of done as lerner likes to sign young managers

so far, whatever he has tried with this team, nothign has worked, not his fault hes just inherited a sh*te team

concerning PL, he was a signing that i didnt expect, although maybe i should of done as lerner likes to sign young managers

Young Managers? I bet Gerard Houllier will be thrilled to bits to hear that one!

I am not saying that I don't want Lambert here. Also, I am not saying he was solely responsible for todays result, but, his team selection today was shocking. Herd should have played DM in a centre 3 that included El Ahmadi and Ireland, with a front 3 of N'Zogbia, Bent & Holman. Lichaj should have occupied either full back spot as well!

Lambert left us wide open today and has hopefully learnt a harsh lesson!

Got the selection wrong today. Not sure it would have made a massive difference but Holman, Ireland/Weimann and Lichaj should have started for me.

Don't get the persistence with Delfouneso. He was awful today, and frankly just didn't look bothered.

I still have faith in the guy - if we have to work on budget I can't think of anyone better who would come - but his big decisions worry me:-

He publicly endorsed - Nzog and Ireland - two players I hoped he would replace.

He publicly stated Clark will be a first choice CB - I would like to know what he has seen that makes him think that

He didn't buy a new goalkeeper (unless you count Guzan)

Got the selection wrong today. Not sure it would have made a massive difference but Holman, Ireland/Weimann and Lichaj should have started for me.

Don't get the persistence with Delfouneso. He was awful today, and frankly just didn't look bothered.

Unfortunately, when players are simply not good enough, they have a habit of not looking bothered.

When players are good enough its amazing where they get their enthusiasm from.

Confidence is an essential ingredient in football ..... its funny how the best players lose it less than the not so good.

most of our current first team just ain't good enough, no other way to put it.

Regardless of what happens this season, I'm not going to be calling for Lamberts head

Even if we go down we'd be best sticking with this manager and rebuilding with him

Hardest job in the PL

if we do go down does that mean Mcleish is a better manager than Lambert! On a serious note I agree with CI. We have to stick with Lambert no matter what. But I do think the first two games have highlighted how hard Mcleish's job really was.

Regardless of what happens this season, I'm not going to be calling for Lamberts head

Even if we go down we'd be best sticking with this manager and rebuilding with him

Hardest job in the PL

Fully with you on this CI, you get a lot of shit on here but whilst not being so extreme as to mention the 'going down' I think we're just above that level!....Our squad is abysmal and has been for several years, needs major investment and there is one man who needs to address that.