Paul Lambert

Pilchard

I am a Lambert fan but I have to say I am starting to lose it with him he has single handedly bought aload of rubbish, Lowton and Bennett are not good enough he has basically forced Bents hand he will be gone in January, has has had poor service and I think he will put in a transfer request it is a embarrasment for him to be dropped for england and how villa , Lambert had money it is clear in the window and he thinks he is a bigtime well mrlambert it is time your picked wotever little points you can until january because we are goping to be rock bottom by then our win records get worse by the week. I just dont think lambert realised ho big a job this was to take on

I am a Lambert fan but I have to say I am starting to lose it with him he has single handedly bought aload of rubbish, Lowton and Bennett are not good enough he has basically forced Bents hand he will be gone in January, has has had poor service and I think he will put in a transfer request it is a embarrasment for him to be dropped for england and how villa , Lambert had money it is clear in the window and he thinks he is a bigtime well mrlambert it is time your picked wotever little points you can until january because we are goping to be rock bottom by then our win records get worse by the week. I just dont think lambert realised ho big a job this was to take on

Mate wouldn't mind a pint of what you have just had! :blink:

Agree with a lot of what you are saying and i'm still far from being convinced that Lambert is the right man to take us forward.

Are you drunk?

When we appointed Lambert, the board took a gamble. The board accepted the gamble certainly, and to an extent we fans have to accept that gamble also. We as a fanbase outright rejected Houllier and McLeish and yearned for an up and coming manager, and that was always going to be a gamble, whether the manager was Lambert or someone else.

Well, Lambert is our man, and we got what most of us wanted. A young manager with new ideas and a fresh approach. Personally, I'm going to give him a seasons grace to get things as would like them, since that's how long I think it'll take him to truly make this his team. Houllier and McLeish were largely working with the hangover from their predecessors, which is far from ideal, even if they were both poor matches for Aston Villa.

I can understand people being frustrated and venting, but I personally won't go panning Lambert just yet, he's only just started and I'm intrigued by him and his style. He's an attacking minded manager and encourages a pragmatic passing style and we're interesting to watch win or lose and I feel if he get's it right and we click it could be spectacular.

There was never any doubt this was going to be a very tough first season for Lambert but I would have envisaged us picking up at least 2 or 3 more points by now. There is little doubt that things, in terms of league position, will get worse before it gets better and I can see us being in the bottom three by the turn of the year. I am pretty confident though that things will eventually pick up and the second half of the season will be much better.

My only concern remains what it has always been and that is that we are trying to integrate too many players at the same time without Premier League experience. You take Gabby out of today's starting line up and I doubt the other 10 players had started 100 Premier League games between them. We are like a team that has just been promoted.

Defensively we look vulnerable and the sooner Dunne is back the better. Long term he is not the answer but for now he is. I also think even though Lamberts often gung ho approach has been very refreshing after last season if this poor run of results continues the time will soon be upon us when we will all be happy if we can scrap a few wins even if it means playing ugly.

• Like 1

Lambert hasn't had it easy.

Thanks to the owners awful decision making he's come into a team that has completely dropped in a short space of time. He's inherited a pretty poor squad and was given a budget and wage structure which was barely enough to make us better than dead certs to be relegated. I also don't think he was helped by the insistence to sell some players before adding more bodies which fortunately got chucked out the window after west ham and Everton taught us a footballing lesson.

We've been run disgracefully since Lerner bought the club and its going to take more than one window to get things right again.

Lambert is an up and coming manager and deserves time.

Hopefully he will be able to bring in some proven quality in January to help us out.

• Like 1

Ahhh yes, a loss to a very in form Tottenham at their place and people are showing signs that they are giving up already. Lambert out! etc etc.....

We are playing much better than what we have been for the past 3 seasons. We are defensively poor at the moment but that is because it is pretty much a brand new back line. The players need to be given more time to gel, and they need to focus on becoming competent premier league players - again, this will be achieved with more time.

Would people rather we brought Warnock and Hutton back into the line up? Players who everybody hated last season and constantly threw insults at them every weekend?

I accepted right from the beginning that this season was going to be tough, and I also believe we have a very good chance of going down at the end of the season. But if we do go to down I would prefer to see us go down fighting rather than looking like a load of crap like we did last season under McLeish. If we go down, we will go together and come back up together too.

I have decided to not get upset with football this year as it constantly ruins my weekends, so have decided to learn something new and I spend some time learning about American football and studying the rules, watching some games, and I am currently deciding on whether I should support a team or not. I don't quite know how I can go about this, but I guess taking a look at teams history and other things will help that. (I won't glory hunt either). I refuse to be brought down by football, there is so much more out there that I can get involved with - really, now, football is just a little footnote in my life.

Would people rather we brought Warnock and Hutton back into the line up? Players who everybody hated last season and constantly threw insults at them every weekend?

Even though I do not think any of them are very good, I don't think there is very much between Hutton/Warnock and Lowton/Bennett. The latter are both inexperienced and thus far mediocre, what this side needs after Christmas is experience to survive the relegation battle. I just hope a miracle happens or that we buy a few new players in the January window.

Looking at our fixtures, the table could be grim reading come the end of November.

Got some aspects wrong today, whether they'd have made a difference I don't know. Had it with the diamond formation in midfield now though.

Even though I do not think any of them are very good, I don't think there is very much between Hutton/Warnock and Lowton/Bennett. The latter are both inexperienced and thus far mediocre, what this side needs after Christmas is experience to survive the relegation battle. I just hope a miracle happens or that we buy a few new players in the January window.

But what good is experience if the players are shit?

Honestly, I don't get the obsession with experience. It's very useful if the player is actually good but Hutton and Warnock are far from anything close to good.

But what good is experience if the players are shit?

Honestly, I don't get the obsession with experience. It's very useful if the player is actually good but Hutton and Warnock are far from anything close to good.

True enough, experience is not an asset in itself if the players are horrible. Saying that, are they worse than Lowton and Bennett? I have seen nothing to argue different during these 7 games. Not that Bennett has played that many... Back to the point, average youngsters or average experienced players? Why not play the older ones and then introduce the youth as they progress in training and get accustomed to training with Premier League-players? Our setup and defensive tactics have looked very League 1 at times. It is hard to debate when our team is weak, our players have very few outstanding assets and the options are non-existent. We need a win!

I actually do think the Defence needs Dunne back in it.

He's far from perfect of course as we've seen over the last two seasons but I'd rather have him and either Clark/Vlaar as the combo for the really tough November games than the current two.

I actually do think the Defence needs Dunne back in it.

He's far from perfect of course as we've seen over the last two seasons but I'd rather have him and either Clark/Vlaar as the combo for the really tough November games than the current two.

I agree. The defence at the moment is lacking more than anywhere else on the field. I am not convinced by Clark but feel he is not being helped by the lack of know how/experience of Bennett and Lowton and lack of a real defensive midfielder. As soon as Dunne is fit he should come straight back in alongside Vlaar. That should help but I am not sure that will be enough to stop us leaking goals.

With so many new players in the team it was always going to take time for the players to gel. I just hope we are not entrenched in the bottom three by the time they do.

Lambert needs to get us playing to our strengths, although I'm not sure what they are and I wonder if he really knows either. We played a diamond midfield today consisting of Delph, KEA, Albrighton and Holman. A very random mix of wide players and central midfielders. We need a defensive midfielder in there if we are to persist with the formation, however I would like us to go more 4-3-3.

Really don't know what to make of Delph and KEA playing together. Neither can tackle that well and offer the back 4 little in terms of protection. I would almost be tempted to start Westwood in the next few games ahead of Delph. Have KEA and Bannan slightly further forward and then have a front 3 of Agbonlahor, Holman and Bent.

--------------------------Guzan--------------------------

Lowton---------Vlaar-------------Baker-------Lichaj

------------------------Westwood-------------------------

--------------Bannan--------------El-Ahmadi-----------

Agbonlahor----------------------------------------Holman

----------------------------Bent----------------------------

I'm also not really sure about Clark either. He may offer us a threat going forward but we are conceding so many goals with him at the back, with his tackling also a little suspect.

Keep Benteke as an impact sub for now and let him get used to the league. Holman could be like Kuyt for us with his non-stop running and having him and Gabby pulling CB's and FB's all over the place could leave a lot of space for Bent to exploit.

Suppose the key point is just try something different. The way we play is looking better but tactically we are poor and IMO Lambert is not best utilising the players at his disposal.

Im not convinced at all by Lamberts plan, he bangs on about being young and hungry but you need to do a lot more than run around a lot to get by in the premier league. Im not convinced any of his signings have added anything at all so far.

I also think he comes across as a complete arsehole and his decision making, selections and tactics are terrible.

Vlaar needs to start, our best CB IMO

Thats a worry, I dont think he is that different to Collins

True enough, experience is not an asset in itself if the players are horrible. Saying that, are they worse than Lowton and Bennett? I have seen nothing to argue different during these 7 games. Not that Bennett has played that many... Back to the point, average youngsters or average experienced players? Why not play the older ones and then introduce the youth as they progress in training and get accustomed to training with Premier League-players? Our setup and defensive tactics have looked very League 1 at times. It is hard to debate when our team is weak, our players have very few outstanding assets and the options are non-existent. We need a win!

Would be interesting to know which of our full-backs are "average and experienced", because Hutton and Warnock are both far from that. Also, I think writing off Lowton and Bennett as "average" already is a bit harsh. They're inexperienced (in this league), young and raw but they've also got lots of potential.

But yeah, I think Lowton and Bennett are much better than Warnock and Hutton. If they had come from other Premier League sides I don't think people would be so harsh on them.

• Like 1

May I say, I think Lambert's signings have all looked good - they've freshened up the team no end. What a difference. The difference between us and a team like Spurs is in ATTACK, which is the area of the team Lambert hasn't really added anything. I don't blame him for that either - the squad has been woeful for the last few seasons and it is going to take a few transfer windows to sort all that out.

Lowton was quality today. Bennett looked impressive, and Vlaar and KEA. We matched them until they scored, and maybe should have been ahead eh. Spurs are good and they have a lot of attacking talent, while we are missing a couple of players to unlock defences.

I think those players will come given time.

• Like 2