U.S. Politics

maqroll

47 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Why Trump as the cult leader? Why did this never happen with other republican presidents? 

You've got people who believe God sent this man to lead the world and others that believe he will take down the worlds pedophile ring. And yet there is so much factual proof that he's just a complete piece of shit. I just don't get why Trump. 

My suggestion would be that it is precisely *because* of his manifest inadequacies that people feel the need to create a story about him where he is something other than he is.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Paddywhack said:

This is the maddest post I’ve ever seen on VillaTalk.

We used to have a guy who shagged his aunt and another who got his kicks from being shat on, but this wins for me.

ren and stimpy thumbs up GIF by NickSplat

What? 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Shaw_nuff said:

I come back now and again to see how bats*t crazy the TDS sufferers have become.

I'll be brief and to the point. Since Senile Beijing Joe (the one with the crackhead with and the dodgy Chinese laptop) and his corrupt cronies and dead supporters rigged the election have cranked up the war machine - I will bet that Syria will be on fire again within 6 months (due to an overdue Chem attack by Assad the terrible).

When this finally happens (again!!!) will you wake up and realise that the establishment are the warmongers, or just Bury your egos in the sand and chirp 'orange man bad' forever and a day, 'cos rasssisss'.

But don't worry - millionaire Marxist footballers still taking the knee 'cos 'rrsssisssm'.

Don't forget to pick up your free copy of 'White Fragility' from Amazon. Promo Code: 'R3TARD'

shocked trailer park boys GIF

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, HanoiVillan said:

My suggestion would be that it is precisely *because* of his manifest inadequacies that people feel the need to create a story about him where he is something other than he is.

I dunno, man. Their other superhero was a carpenter who was born in a barn.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

I dunno, man. Their other superhero was a carpenter who was born in a barn.

Who they keep conveniently forgetting is of Middle Eastern persuasion. 

• Like 1

Parody or not there are millions that believe this type of stuff.  The funny thing is saying it on this website when, I'm assuming over 95% of people that comment on here, are not American about the TDS reaction is quite comical.  We are mainly outside observers who on the whole arent affected that much about what goes on in America.  Yes, foreign policy and trade, security, economic and climate will have some impact on us because of who the US are.  Yes some of us have very clear and strong views on some topics like climate or war but on the whole you would have to be a lot closer to, affected by and impacted by Trump to have TDS surely?

I think it's incredibly hard to allege most of us have TDS, as we are mostly observers of the last four or more years of what Trump has been saying, doing and reacting to.  Most of it is purely entertainment, the daily entertainment of what probably the guy in the office who holds probably the most powerful position in the world acting like your drunk, drop out of school Uncle at Christmas says sitting in the chair long past his welcome time and everybody else has gone home.  It was a fun ride and it surprises how his true followers said he had 88m loyal followers on Twitter....you have to believe like me that quite a few of them were just there for the entertainment.

He should never have been president, he created a cult and ended up going to far and people died but he wont be held accountable.  Watching last night Bruce Castor, one of the worst performances I have seen in terms of presentations, providing a coherent argument, a constitutional argument, even any argument for Trump's side, I almost thought he was arguing for the prosecution and this was the Presidents lawyer is astounding. 

Yet at the end of this trial this Bruce Castor will be a Senate Impeachment Trial winning lawyer......that's crazy!

3 hours ago, DCJonah said:

Why Trump as the cult leader? Why did this never happen with other republican presidents? 

You've got people who believe God sent this man to lead the world and others that believe he will take down the worlds pedophile ring. And yet there is so much factual proof that he's just a complete piece of shit. I just don't get why Trump. 

Cause he's one of them. They can relate. His supporters see the "best" of themselves in him.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

I was shocked by both parts to be honest. Happily reading about US Politics and then saw that. Also, couldn't decide if I wanted to know more or not, kinda like when you see an accident, you know you shouldn't look but feel compelled to. 

Is the thread HoF or lost in the eons? 

Here ya go.

Link

Don’t have nightmares.

13 hours ago, Shaw_nuff said:

I come back now and again to see how bats*t crazy the TDS sufferers have become.

I'll be brief and to the point. Since Senile Beijing Joe (the one with the crackhead with and the dodgy Chinese laptop) and his corrupt cronies and dead supporters rigged the election have cranked up the war machine - I will bet that Syria will be on fire again within 6 months (due to an overdue Chem attack by Assad the terrible).

When this finally happens (again!!!) will you wake up and realise that the establishment are the warmongers, or just Bury your egos in the sand and chirp 'orange man bad' forever and a day, 'cos rasssisss'.

But don't worry - millionaire Marxist footballers still taking the knee 'cos 'rrsssisssm'.

Don't forget to pick up your free copy of 'White Fragility' from Amazon. Promo Code: 'R3TARD'

Well those were.....words.

btw that code didn’t work, will it be available in 2 weeks like trumps healthcare plan, or is it under audit like trumps taxes?

25 minutes ago, jimmygreaves said:

Cause he's one of them. They can relate. His supporters see the "best" of themselves in him.

Yeah I get that. He allows that side to be displayed and justified. Its just mad how cult like its become. 

Funnily enough I'm watching a WW2 show on the history channel. They just showed a speech where one of Hitler's most fanatical supporters stated that the party is Hitler, the country is Hitler. Couldn't help but think about how the republican party has become just Trump.

I dread to think what the effects of him winning or even managing to steal the election would have been. For all the faults that Biden may have, stopping Trump from having another term is a major deal IMO. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

scared the simpsons GIF

That a thread is messed up. 

The guy banged his biological aunt. 

Some of you also confessed to some worrying stuff.

Puking in a girls face during sex, getting prostitutes with friends, multiple posts on which cartoon character you'd sleep with including one saying Maggie Simpson, peanut butter dog time... 

That's just the first ten or so pages. 

I feel like my reply to that first post didn't get enough credit.

14 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

I called you rude because you were, and are regularly.

Please go and reread my post and point to the part where I called you crazy.

You stated a conspiracy theory about a "plot to destroy the economy by Biden." I didn't bring up a conspiracy.

Perhaps when you re-read the post you can actually comment on what was written? But as many folks point out, you generally avoid any real debate so I won't hold my breath.

It is not a conspiracy. You interpreted it as so. Biden is a neo-liberal politician. Neo-liberal policies are at the root of the economic problems that riddle society in it's current iteration. I have been pretty consistent in saying this, and the plots in that blog post did a rather good job of illustrating the effects of these policies. 

You dragged up conspiracy theory to smear and discredit my comment. This was after a pretty low ad-hominem, bordering on the kind of thing that should be prohibited on these boards.

Edited by villakram

10 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I think it's a bit of stretch thinking the gold standard has something to do with that. Or the petro-dollar for that matter. It's a bit like saying it correlates well with Sticky Fingers and Back in Black album releases. 

Causation and correlation and such ya know. Unless I completely misunderstood that graph, which is entirely possible. 

That was a massive change in the economic orientation of the US economy, which was in essence borderline bankrupt, at least in the going concern sense. That economy directly relates to the one we have today, whereas before that, WW2 and it's aftermath dominated. See the destruction of the unions, the nascent black political movement and the re-assumption of monied parties of power after throwing off the Roosevelt era reforms.

I'm not advocating for a return to the gold standard or some such silliness. It's unfortunate, the way any mention of that tends straight off to crazyville. 

24 minutes ago, villakram said:

It is not a conspiracy. You interpreted it as so. Biden is a neo-liberal politician. Neo-liberal policies are at the root of the economic problems that riddle society in it's current iteration. I have been pretty consistent in saying this, and the plots in that blog post did a rather good job of illustrating the effects of these policies. 

You dragged up conspiracy theory to smear and discredit my comment. This was after a pretty low ad-hominem, bordering on the kind of thing that should be prohibited on these boards.

Shouldn't you really be throwing your wait behind Bernie? In what way, out if interest, did Trump counter neoliberalism? I'm pretty sure I saw Trump handing out plenty of tax cuts. I'm not sure there are many vocal champions of neoliberalism in these posts. 

Â