U.S. Politics

maqroll

3 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

I am now representing my Client Mr Villakram and there will shortly be a press conference at VillaTalk Total Landscaping.

Make sure your hair is fully set before you get a good sweat on! 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

I am now representing my Client Mr Villakram and there will shortly be a press conference at VillaTalk Total Landscaping.

Did you colour your hair with crude oil, Mr Chris? Our readers from ‘This ain’t a tupé weekly’ would like to know?!

Edited by magnkarl

7 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Is anyone else, sort of slightly missing the madness of it all?

Don’t get me wrong, I wouldn’t want it back. But now we’re through and out the other side, it was a hell of a ride wasn’t it.

It was surreal. There are some major history books coming down the line. 

8 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Don’t get me wrong, I wouldn’t want it back. But now we’re through and out the other side, it was a hell of a ride wasn’t it.

It was the closest I get to soap opera

23 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

There was almost an in front of the Ellis stand joke, but these feckers are apparently online only.

@chrisp65 and a sheep in front of a TV stand. Glory.

https://www.bhg.com/shop/furniture/living-room/tv-stands-and-entertainment-centers/orren-ellis-ba2403.html

Edited by villakram

44 minutes ago, villakram said:

Oh, I do apologize. You and @magnkarl can dock me a weeks wages, but make sure to send me an official warning in writing first or I'll lawyer up.

But I really would like to know if Greene was your Republican candidate how would you have voted? For, against (the most likely opposition candidate), or some third option?

26 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

I'd happily ignored this thread for years but I would bet it's probably been my main thread to post on for several months. 

Hopefully it fades back to obscurity for me but it is rather like cold turkey.  I still keep an eye out for new posts on it. 

I'm amazed there hasn't been more noise from him yet. 

3 minutes ago, fruitvilla said:

But I really would like to know if Greene was your Republican candidate how would you have voted? For, against (the most likely opposition candidate), or some third option?

If Mr. J. Stalin were your local political representative, would you vote to re-elect him or vote for the opposition candidate Mr. Pot?

Yes, I'm being facetious, but the peculiarities around her election have already been explained a few pages back, and fortunately (I guess??) my Aunt is not my Uncle. 

23 minutes ago, villakram said:

There was almost an in front of the Ellis stand joke, but these feckers are apparently online only.

@chrisp65 and a sheep in front of a TV stand. Glory.

https://www.bhg.com/shop/furniture/living-room/tv-stands-and-entertainment-centers/orren-ellis-ba2403.html

Been defending one of them MAGA dudes for 5 minutes and there’s already something borderline racist to deal with!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, villakram said:

If Mr. J. Stalin were your local political representative, would you vote to re-elect him or vote for the opposition candidate Mr. Pot?

Yes, I'm being facetious, but the peculiarities around her election have already been explained a few pages back, and fortunately (I guess??) my Aunt is not my Uncle. 

I am not being facetious ...  genuinely curious. How would you have voted? 

2 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

Are we really through and out the other side, though?   Sure, Trump is out of the WH and Biden is in, but there's an impeachment trial coming up where a big part of the defense's argument will be that the election was stolen and Trump couldn't have been lying if he really believed it was true.  And the Republicans in the House actually contemplated booting Liz Cheney and rallied behind Marjorie Taylor Greene.   And that's all before Trump has awakened from his nap.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HanoiVillan said:

Even more ridiculous than his name is his indie band:

EnfMQTkXcAALLBQ.jpg

Really shouldn't have left Electric Sixx. 😜

• Haha 2

This is big:

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/joe-biden-pulls-support-yemen-war_n_601c253ac5b6179453d6d14f

President Joe Biden is fulfilling one of his top foreign policy campaign promises by cutting off assistance to the brutal Saudi Arabia-led military coalition in Yemen, he announced at the State Department on Thursday.

“We are ending all American support for offensive operations in the war in Yemen, including relevant arms sales,” Biden said, after describing the suffering that Yemenis have endured throughout a civil war that began in 2014. According to the United Nations, the country is experiencing the world’s worst humanitarian crisis......

Oh, wait.   I forgot, Biden's just a neo-liberal corporatist, so differences between him and Trump don't matter.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, il_serpente said:

This is big:

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/joe-biden-pulls-support-yemen-war_n_601c253ac5b6179453d6d14f

President Joe Biden is fulfilling one of his top foreign policy campaign promises by cutting off assistance to the brutal Saudi Arabia-led military coalition in Yemen, he announced at the State Department on Thursday.

“We are ending all American support for offensive operations in the war in Yemen, including relevant arms sales,” Biden said, after describing the suffering that Yemenis have endured throughout a civil war that began in 2014. According to the United Nations, the country is experiencing the world’s worst humanitarian crisis......

Oh, wait.   I forgot, Biden's just a neo-liberal corporatist, so differences between him and Trump don't matter.

A very good development.

• Like 2

Â