U.S. Politics

maqroll

1 hour ago, villakram said:

It is not my job to educate you, and this is not a writing competition. It is never nice to have an uncomfortable piece of information jammed in your face. I will try write in a milder manner in the future. 

Joe Biden is avidly against universal healthcare. He is a democrat. He personally oversaw the killing of any effort at universal healthcare during the Obama presidency.  

Neo-liberalism has many facits. 

Trump's/Republican trickle down economics is a known quantity and has a long history. There was no claim from me that this was not a happy bed-fellow with neo-liberal land. You see, here is the thing. Reverse that and it is also true.

You didn't jam an uncomfortable piece of information in my face. With your communication style it's more like you wrote little secret incomprehensible notes to yourself and hid them under your carpet thousands of miles from my face.

How can you complain about the democrat approach to universal healthcare and ignore the republican one which is explicitly against universal healthcare. Nobody here thinks the democrat party are all perfect but you need to find things to complain about that don't make you come across as completely blinkered.

And because it's a message board and you seem interested in some form of communication, maybe put things in sentences that make sense?

Edited by Rolta
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, villakram said:

It is never nice to have an uncomfortable piece of information jammed in your face.

Speaking of having an uncomfortable piece of information jammed in your face.

On 08/02/2021 at 13:50, fruitvilla said:
On 08/02/2021 at 13:38, villakram said:

Never said he didn't, but all his giveaway budgets were passed by the Dem controlled house, and on at least one occasion they gave the military more than the generous budget Trump requested.

I'm not sure how voting works in the US ...  But it does not appear the Dems controlled the house in 2017

image.png.4f9e3e61c2f66bb1ab42aefe0a81c567.png

Just tuned in to the trial.

question by murkowski & Collins: ‘when did trump know the capitol was breached? What did he do? Please be specific.’

response by trumps lawyers: ‘we don’t know exactly, but the other don’t know either because they rushed this trial.’

well OK then 🙄

Edit: now markey and duckworth ask the same question to the impeachment managers.
This form of questioning with only one side responding isn’t really useful. They keep throwing softballs to ‘their’ side

Edited by AXD

7 hours ago, Rolta said:

You didn't jam an uncomfortable piece of information in my face. With your communication style it's more like you wrote little secret incomprehensible notes to yourself and hid them under your carpet thousands of miles from my face.

How can you complain about the democrat approach to universal healthcare and ignore the republican one which is explicitly against universal healthcare. Nobody here thinks the democrat party are all perfect but you need to find things to complain about that don't make you come across as completely blinkered.

And because it's a message board and you seem interested in some form of communication, maybe put things in sentences that make sense?

The previous poster to whom I responded commented something along the lines that the dems were for/in favor of universal healthcare. 

I thought that was and is rubbish.

As a piece of evidence, I provided a quote from Jim Clyburn. This quote was leaked. It was made in a private meeting to big dem donors prior to the SC primary. Clyburn is the main dem person in SC and turned out the dem apparatus in that state for Biden. This was in a campaign against Sanders that he had been losing to that point. The quote, as a campaign policy battle-point is revealing. 

This is the same Biden that personally took charge of ensuring no universal healthcare during the creation of Obamacare.

I am not deliberately ignoring the R healthcare platform. There's nobody on here defending it or advocating for it (which is telling) and I'm not a huge fan of arguing with oneself. The dems on the otherhand play the moral superiority game all the time and they decide to contrast themselves with the republicans. Hence, shooting holes in their vacuous nature is what I end up doing more often.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sne said:

Appears the circus will go on for a while more.

Appears not now, both R’s and D’s want their holiday/recess time next week rather upholding the constitution.

Sickening!

Trump gets away with it already because we know the vote but the desire to wrap it up with a bad deal on witnesses is sad!  Dems just got the positive vote on witnesses and then cave within an hour.  Just sad!

• Like 1

Just now, nick76 said:

Appears not now, both R’s and D’s want their holiday/recess time next week rather upholding the constitution.

Sickening!

Trump gets away with it already because we know the vote but the desire to wrap it up with a bad deal on witnesses is sad!  Dems just got the positive vote on witnesses and then cave within an hour.  Just sad!

It's all theater without content but they should at least pretend like they are serious.

• Like 1

Just now, Genie said:

So he can be banged to rights guilty, then the majority of those hearing the case say he’s guilty... but still isn’t convicted. 
I think I can see a bit of an issue.

It's less of a percentage of vote than a jury. The problem isn't the percentage required, the problem is who is voting

• Like 2

Mitch McConnell voting no and then directly after going scorched earth on Trump, saying he WAS responsible for the U.S. Capitol riot and abandoned his duties... but defended his decision to vote not guilty.

Also alluded to the idea that Trump could still face punishment for Jan. 6. But that it would have to happen outside of Congress. He discussed possible criminal prosecution and/or civil litigation

29 minutes ago, sne said:

Mitch McConnell voting no and then directly after going scorched earth on Trump, saying he WAS responsible for the U.S. Capitol riot and abandoned his duties... but defended his decision to vote not guilty.

Also alluded to the idea that Trump could still face punishment for Jan. 6. But that it would have to happen outside of Congress. He discussed possible criminal prosecution and/or civil litigation

Yeah but what I don’t get is that as these actions took place whilst he was president, surely he is immune then and the proper way to punish him is by impeachment? My knowledge of US constitutional law is reaching its limit! If indeed they can get him on criminal charges, why bother with this impeachment side of things? Just get him criminally.

I mean it’s irrelevant as it’s merely the thinnest excuse not to convict him. Surprised that 7 turned though so that’s a positive; presume they are up for re-election in tight seats + Romney?

Still all just a circus though isn’t it really? Where else would you get a president push matters so far with no actual consequences?

• Like 1

Â