U.S. Politics

maqroll

Every single person that votes for him in the upcoming election is a **** moron without exception.  There is absolutely no excuse.

Maybe somebody could have cobbled together a half believable argument out of false hope last time round but not now.

• Like 2

There's a woman who either lives or works near me who has a Trump 2020 bumper sticker on her Chevy Avalanche. 

I can forgive a Trump 2016 sticker. But not a 2020 sticker. I really want to egg her disgusting vehicle.

• Like 1

Biden did surprisingly well last night, IMO. Hopefully well enough to poach some crucial swing voters.

But it could all be for naught if Trump rigs the result *again*.

5 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

Every single person that votes for him in the upcoming election is a **** moron without exception.  There is absolutely no excuse.

Maybe somebody could have cobbled together a half believable argument out of false hope last time round but not now.

I have a few relatives whom are avid fans of him and keep trying to sway me on voting for him. Its absolute bonkers.

I also live closeish to DC, and have family up in rural PA. Went to visit them the other week and for every Biden sign I saw (about 3 or 4), there were at least 25 Trump signs/flags/stickers. 

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Davkaus said:

Why would anyone continue to engage with your points when all you do is share propaganda and never respond when people question your motives?

Emotional diatribes are not talking points irrespective of how often they are made.

I hope you realize that protests like that are going to be one of the main drivers for this election, hence the question. Lots of people are all too happy seeing protests, the chaos they cause and support what the protest are for.... until the protests turn up on their doorstep, e.g., the mayor of Minneapolis, the mayor of Chicago, oh and all those people with small children or other fears who see violence occurring regularly at the mostly peaceful protests. Perhaps they simply have a mortgage on a new home or a car loan and would like to see the wealth they worked for not be destroyed.

Living in Tory lead UK, you should perhaps be familiar with these things.

11 hours ago, villakram said:

Emotional diatribes are not talking points irrespective of how often they are made.

I hope you realize that protests like that are going to be one of the main drivers for this election, hence the question. Lots of people are all too happy seeing protests, the chaos they cause and support what the protest are for.... until the protests turn up on their doorstep, e.g., the mayor of Minneapolis, the mayor of Chicago, oh and all those people with small children or other fears who see violence occurring regularly at the mostly peaceful protests. Perhaps they simply have a mortgage on a new home or a car loan and would like to see the wealth they worked for not be destroyed.

Living in Tory lead UK, you should perhaps be familiar with these things.

Again, what utter codswallop.

I have a young child and if people protesting systemic racism and this abhorrent administration (or are you a fan of Stephen Miller?) showed up on my doorstep in my comfortable middle class neighborhood I would go and join them and take my young child with me to make him know what side he should be on.

As for this muppet you quoted above:

His name is Brendan Gutenschwager :crylaugh:FYI thats not a real name. 

It also took me scrolling down 4 tweets of his profile to find these really terrifying, earth shattering tweet.

Let me quote this hard hitting journalist again for you that you hold in such high regard:

"Someone threw a WATER BOTTLE at a van of officers as they were leaving."

:crylaugh:

10 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

Again, what utter codswallop.

I have a young child and if people protesting systemic racism and this abhorrent administration (or are you a fan of Stephen Miller?) showed up on my doorstep in my comfortable middle class neighborhood I would go and join them and take my young child with me to make him know what side he should be on.

As for this muppet you quoted above:

"Utter Codwallop", in your opinion or more generally? I ask because polling would show that many people are concerned about this issue, hence why the republicans are targeting it. Their vote is worth as much as yours, perhaps even more so given the electorally safe nature of your state.

Good on you to do that with your son, who I assume would be fine being woke up by a crowd of shouting people shining lights into his bedroom window at 10-12pm. I am not sure of the precise time, but it was certainly after most younguns bedtimes given it was dark out. Yes, I am using a think of the children line... lol.

...and attacking me for picking a vid from twitter, errr ok. That was the first I came across which supported the point I was attempting to make. I apologize for not running a background check on the owner of the twitter account before posting it in this online forum. 

Edited by villakram

2 hours ago, villakram said:

...and attacking me for picking a vid from twitter, errr ok. That was the first I came across which supported the point I was attempting to make. I apologize for not running a background check on the owner of the twitter account before posting it in this online forum. 

You were not attacked, the content of your post was criticised.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, villakram said:

I ask because polling would show that many people are concerned about this issue,

How many is many? And where is the polling data?

3 hours ago, villakram said:

who I assume would be fine being woke up

So 2019 :mrgreen:

• Haha 1

You know VK, you are often the one throwing around comments like "do you research," or "you should educate yourself." I was just trying to hold you to a similar standard. A brief look at the chap you quoted showed me very quickly that a) he had an agenda and was in no way impartial, and b) was a kook.

I ask because polling would show that many people are concerned about this issue, hence why the republicans are targeting it. Their vote is worth as much as yours, perhaps even more so given the electorally safe nature of your state.

"Polling would show that" sounds like Trump double-speak akin to "a lot of people are saying."

Actually we moved to Colorado 2 weeks ago and will be (very happily and enthusiastically) voting here. :thumb:

'Donald is cruel': Trump's sister recorded saying president has 'no principles'

Donald Trump’s older sister, a former federal judge, is heard sharply criticizing her brother in a series of recordings released Saturday, at one point saying of the president: “He has no principles.”

Maryanne Trump Barry was secretly recorded by her niece, Mary Trump, who recently released a book denouncing the president, Too Much and Never Enough: How My Family Created the World’s Most Dangerous Man. Mary Trump said Saturday she made the recordings in 2018 and 2019.

In one recording, Barry, 83, says she had heard a 2018 interview with her brother on Fox News in which he suggested that he would put her on the border to oversee cases of immigrant children separated from their parents.

“His base, I mean my God, if you were a religious person, you want to help people. Not do this,” Barry says.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/aug/23/donald-is-cruel-trumps-sister-recorded-saying-president-has-no-principles

Not that this will convince any of his supporters, but if your own sister says stuff like this, you may not be the good guy in this story. Then again, his supporters will still think he is.

Â